Planet Spurs Forums: Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-3 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-3 Tottenham Hotspur Sunday 6 March, KO: 16:00 GMT, Molineux Stadium

#1 Guest_Stephan_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 19:23

After our farcical defeat at Blackpool last week we will be looking to bounce back away at Wolves.

Wolves will be looking to continue their battle against relegation after their inspired 4-0 victory over Blackpool on Saturday. Wolves moved up to 17th with 28 points but remain in a relegation struggle alongside West Ham and West Brom who are also on 28 points - with West Brom having a game in hand though - and rock bottom Wigan only one point behind them with 27 points.

Spurs will be fired up to get the full 3 points after a good weekend for them with Man City drawing against Fulham. Spurs are currently 4th, 3 points behind Man City but Spurs have a game in hand. Spurs' other top 4 rival Chelsea will face a tough test at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday where they will face table topping Manchester United.

Rafael van der Vaart and Jonathan Woodgate are doubtful for this game with a calf strain and a groin strain injury respectively. Tom Huddlestone is expected to make his comeback in March but the Wolves game might prove to soon for him. Other injuries include Vedran Corluka, Ledley King and Younes Kaboul.

Wolves will be without Ronald Zubar and Michael Kightly due to injury. Stephen Hunt is doubtful to return to action against Spurs since he's recovering from a calf muscle strain.

Both teams are not missing players due to suspension. It is however doubtful if Jamie O'Hara will feature for Wolves due to terms of his loan deal.

This game will be the stage for a special tribute to former Wolves and Spurs defender Dean Richards who sadly passed away last week at the age of only 36.

#2 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 27 February 2011 - 19:34

Wolves have taken big scalps at home this season, tough match

#3 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 28 February 2011 - 14:36

yep. Do not feel confident about this one, but perhaps that is a good thing!!??

Any word on Bale???

Line up:

Gomes
Hutton Gallas Dawson BAE

Lennon Modric Sandro Bale

Crouch Defoe

#4 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2011 - 15:39

Wolves have been good as of late but if we are going to be a big club we need to act like one and say this needs to be 3 points. We need one of Bale or VDV to be fit if not both. If they are both injured then we are going to struggle for goals so someone give Defoe a kick in the backside.

#5 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 28 February 2011 - 15:46

What Chris said. Time to pull on the big boy pants and show some big boy commitment and determination and get a result like big boys do.

grinny.gif

#6 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 28 February 2011 - 16:52

QUOTE (Stephan @ Feb 28 2011, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What Chris said. Time to pull on the big boy pants and show some big boy commitment and determination and get a result like big boys do.

grinny.gif

The big boys are not getting results at Wolves this season, Man U had their only loss away to Wolves.

Time to pick a team that will grind out the win rather than under-estimate our opponents. Strolling around acting like we're big time is exactly the wrong attitude. Time to roll up our sleeves and get dirty, really take the fight to them. Now is the time to decide how much we want CL next year.

Sandro and Wilson in the middle should suit this match, tempted to play Modric on the left if Bale isn't ready, get BAE over-lapping. RB has become a problem now, don't like Gallas out there, he's to slow, might even put Bassong at RB depending on what is going on with Hutton

#7 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 28 February 2011 - 16:54

QUOTE (special yid @ Feb 28 2011, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yep. Do not feel confident about this one, but perhaps that is a good thing!!??

Any word on Bale???

Line up:

Gomes
Hutton Gallas Dawson BAE

Lennon Modric Sandro Bale

Crouch Defoe

no way hutton is coming back to play for us this season.

redknapp has spoken and it'll be charlie, a makeshift RB or none at all.

#8 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2011 - 17:00

I would hope Harry would swallow his pride for the benefit of the team!! Fair enough if he wants rid of Hutton in the summer, but at the mo we need hi m to play!! Corluka aint gonna be available for a while, and Gallas needs to be at cb, and as for Bassong at Rb rolleyes.gif He was bad enough at CB in his last game I shudder to think how poor he would be at Rb!! Shame Kaboul has not regained fitness, thought he would be back by now, and he would be just what we need at the mo!!

#9 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 28 February 2011 - 17:12

QUOTE (special yid @ Feb 28 2011, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would hope Harry would swallow his pride for the benefit of the team!! Fair enough if he wants rid of Hutton in the summer, but at the mo we need hi m to play!! Corluka aint gonna be available for a while, and Gallas needs to be at cb, and as for Bassong at Rb rolleyes.gif He was bad enough at CB in his last game I shudder to think how poor he would be at Rb!! Shame Kaboul has not regained fitness, thought he would be back by now, and he would be just what we need at the mo!!

bassong could do a job at LB for us. defensively steady (although error prone) and blessed with pace and great strength he'd be fine. although not good going forward, he would be a great asset in the box for set pieces which would more than make up for his weaknesses in attacking play.

as far as hutton goes, i agree. we need him at the moment! not sure why we haven't recalled walker or naughton to deputise...

#10 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 28 February 2011 - 17:30

QUOTE (special yid @ Feb 28 2011, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So if Hutton isn't going to play and Charlie isn't fit, you want Gallas in the middle............who plays RB? rolleyes.gif

If it is Gallas, who plays in the middle? ph34r.gif And if Bassong dosen't play ,there will be another dummy being spat out

#11 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 28 February 2011 - 17:37

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Feb 28 2011, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So if Hutton isn't going to play and Charlie isn't fit, you want Gallas in the middle............who plays RB? rolleyes.gif

If it is Gallas, who plays in the middle? ph34r.gif And if Bassong dosen't play ,there will be another dummy being spat out

i know you didn't direct this straight at me, but i did agree with him so i'd like to answer:

recall walker or naughton! this is the perfect opportunity to blood some youth!

would love it if kaboul could come back and help us here. anyone know the status of his recovery?

#12 Guest_The Slikmeister_*

Posted 28 February 2011 - 17:48

With Citeh dropping 2pts yesterday & hopefully Utd getting at least a pt at the Bridge tomorrow nite taking all 3pts at Molineaux now becomes a must.
It not gonna be easy, Wolves are strong at home & will fancy their chances of taking yet another top 5 scalp.
That said over the last season & a half we have developed a knack of bouncing back after a bad result & going on a good run.
I expect us to do just that & win this one 2-1.

COYS

#13 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 28 February 2011 - 17:50

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ Feb 28 2011, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i know you didn't direct this straight at me, but i did agree with him so i'd like to answer:

recall walker or naughton! this is the perfect opportunity to blood some youth!

would love it if kaboul could come back and help us here. anyone know the status of his recovery?

Anyone is free to answer, providing they don't pick an injured player rolleyes.gif

Recalling either Naughton or Walker would make sense, but i'm not sure that we can. If it is an option, it should happen.

#14 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 28 February 2011 - 18:27

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/d...daches-at-spurs?

#15 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 28 February 2011 - 20:29

QUOTE (Darren @ Feb 28 2011, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Defoe injured. Who will mis him? We virtually have been playing with 10 men the last couple of games he was on the pitch.

If Bassong starts, we'll go 1 down in 20 minutes. If Kranjcar starts, we'll probably be up 2-0 at half time. Mark my words.

#16 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 28 February 2011 - 20:48

absolute must win!!

#17 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:59

Hutton, despite being a bellend, must play if fit. If not fit then we should not play gallas at RB. There is an old saying "never weaken a strength to strengthen a weakness" - i was very much against breaking up gallas and dawson for the last game. I dont think the Kyle's are an option, Bassong is a LB/CB. The only one i can think of is palacios. He played RB for us last year.

I would go for lennon, sandro,modric, Kranjcar,
VDV
crouch

If VDV not fit, play Krancjar in his place and probably pienaar on the left.
Please dont mention defoe or Pav. It would be good to actually score against this bottom 3 side.

#18 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:51

QUOTE (aussispurs @ Mar 1 2011, 05:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hutton, despite being a bellend, must play if fit. If not fit then we should not play gallas at RB. There is an old saying "never weaken a strength to strengthen a weakness" - i was very much against breaking up gallas and dawson for the last game. I dont think the Kyle's are an option, Bassong is a LB/CB. The only one i can think of is palacios. He played RB for us last year.

VDV
crouch

Please dont mention defoe or Pav. It would be good to actually score against this bottom 3 side.

Clapping.gif
spot on.

#19 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:19

QUOTE (aussispurs @ Mar 1 2011, 05:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

VDV
crouch

could not agree more, what about possibly jj at full back? i know he started his career there at notts forest?

#20 Guest_FergoSpurs_*

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:52

QUOTE (stoxy1 @ Mar 1 2011, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
could not agree more, what about possibly jj at full back? i know he started his career there at notts forest?

not the worst idea ive ever heard.

we have to go after this game - come out and physically smash them from the off (hence I agree with the shouts for WP and sandro).

However we also need to play an attacking formation - so I might try:

Gomes

[Hutton/JJ] Gallas Dawson BAE

Lennon WP Sandro Modric

VDV Defoe

I do however think that this will be a draw at best. We cannot put our chances away and this is exactly the sort of fixture for which we do not turn up and play like p*ssies - see Blackpool away.

Hope I'm wrong. lose here and I think it's bye bye CL, bye bye Bale and bye bye Modric.

Absolute must win. Come on boys - front up and prove me wrong.

COYS.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users