Planet Spurs Forums: Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-3 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-3 Tottenham Hotspur Sunday 6 March, KO: 16:00 GMT, Molineux Stadium

#21 Guest_TommoSpur_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 March 2011 - 13:26

Harry confirms Hutton return

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has bemoaned the injury problems at the club while in Dubai this week, but revealed that Alan Hutton looks set to make a return to the side.
Taking a break from training and watching the tennis, Harry told a local newspaper: “We’re trying to finish in the top four and it’s so close. But we’ve got so many players injured, people forget.
“We’ve got Tom Huddlestone, Younes Kaboul, Ledley King, [Jonathan] Woodgate, [Gareth] Bale, [Rafael] Van der Vaart. If you could pick a team of injured players it would be a fantastic team.”
On the subject of Hutton, stories regarding a dressing room bust up broke last week, but Harry claimed his absence has been due to a minor injury.
“Alan had a groin strain, but he’s fit now. I changed it after Fulham. I brought Corluka back in and we went and won four games on the spin, went to Milan and won. But that’s football. Now Charlie [Corluka] is injured, so Alan’s got a chance to get back in the team.”
Whatever the reasons for Hutton’s absence, it looks like he will be back in the starting line up for the Wolves game. In the corresponding home fixture he scored a bizarre goal as he embarked on his last first team run.

CREDIT - http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2011/03/01/ha...-hutton-return/

Are we buying this 'Hutton bust-up/never to play for us again' cr@p on here then, or is it just the papers spouting s***e cos they're bored?

#22 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 01 March 2011 - 15:40

"So if Hutton isn't going to play and Charlie isn't fit, you want Gallas in the middle............who plays RB? "

I think I said who should play RB..... Hutton!!! Seems Harry is gonna give him another chance now!! cheers.gif

So I stick with my team that I originally posted with Hutton Rb and gallas in the middle!!

Kevin: Bassong could be ok at left back, but right back?? I'm not too sure about that

#23 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 01 March 2011 - 16:11

QUOTE (special yid @ Mar 1 2011, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"So if Hutton isn't going to play and Charlie isn't fit, you want Gallas in the middle............who plays RB? "

I think I said who should play RB..... Hutton!!! Seems Harry is gonna give him another chance now!! cheers.gif

So I stick with my team that I originally posted with Hutton Rb and gallas in the middle!!

Kevin: Bassong could be ok at left back, but right back?? I'm not too sure about that

Very handy that news broke about Hutton playing before this post went up Special Yid, you seem to have got off on this post somewhat, enjoy rolleyes.gif

#24 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 01 March 2011 - 17:01

I'd say there definitely was some kind of bust-up, Tom.

Hutton being out injured wasn't reported at all on the official site, for the games he missed, nor was there any mention of his injury in any other media outlet at all. That doesn't happen in this day and age.

Either way, we need him back right now, and it seems he is, so it's allllll goooooood !

#25 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 01 March 2011 - 18:23

QUOTE (EuanW @ Mar 1 2011, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd say there definitely was some kind of bust-up, Tom.

Hutton being out injured wasn't reported at all on the official site, for the games he missed, nor was there any mention of his injury in any other media outlet at all. That doesn't happen in this day and age.

Either way, we need him back right now, and it seems he is, so it's allllll goooooood !

That's cool, I believe there was an argument - they're pretty frequent in sporting dressing rooms as you know (especially football ones where egos are huge and IQs diminutive), it was more the likelihood of Hutton being frozen out forever as a result that I was disputing dude. nice1.gif

#26 Guest_FergoSpurs_*

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:52

QUOTE (TommoSpur @ Mar 1 2011, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's cool, I believe there was an argument - they're pretty frequent in sporting dressing rooms as you know (especially football ones where egos are huge and IQs diminutive), it was more the likelihood of Hutton being frozen out forever as a result that I was disputing dude. nice1.gif

have to say i like hutton - think he gives us more than charlie. charlie only works if lennon is playing and playing well.

against 'weaker' opponents, I like to see Hutton bombing down the right.

In the absence of the Kyles, we need him playing IMO.

#27 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:51

Lol, not at all PnR, I'm just glad the issue/s seem to have been resolved!!! We need Hutton at the mo, with Charlie injured so it's for the best that they put the spat behind them and move forward!!

COYS!!

#28 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:31

I agree, providing Hutton plays better than his last couple of appearances!!!lol, otherwise the problem is not resolved at all!!!There was after all, a reason for Harry chewing his nuts off. cheers.gif

#29 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 02 March 2011 - 14:05

QUOTE (FergoSpurs @ Mar 2 2011, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have to say i like hutton - think he gives us more than charlie. charlie only works if lennon is playing and playing well.

against 'weaker' opponents, I like to see Hutton bombing down the right.

In the absence of the Kyles, we need him playing IMO.

Anyone that isn't Charlie for you eh Fergo?!

#30 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 March 2011 - 14:31

Yes he (Hutton) does need to improve on his last couple of performances, or he could find himself getting another bollocking!! But I'm just glad this has been resolved cos it's not so much Hutton playing that I want (I prefer Charlie any day of the week) but Gallas for me, has to be playing CB with Dawson!! We look so more solid at the back with them two together!! cheers.gif

#31 Guest_slavutich23rus_*

Posted 02 March 2011 - 16:07

Line up:Gomes-Hutton,Gallas,Dawson,Assou-Ekotto-Lennon,Palasios,Jenas,Modric-VDV-Crouch

#32 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 02 March 2011 - 22:47

we flat out don't deserve CL if we take 1 of 6 or worse from blackpool and wolves.

chelsea won today against united, whom i was hoping would win the remainder of their games and run away with it. would have benefited us against the top 4's that they beat along the way.

we are now in the business end of the season so we better f***ing show up. if we trot out a weak squad like last week at blackpool i will be livid!

#33 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:23

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ Mar 2 2011, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we flat out don't deserve CL if we take 1 of 6 or worse from blackpool and wolves.

chelsea won today against united, whom i was hoping would win the remainder of their games and run away with it. would have benefited us against the top 4's that they beat along the way.

we are now in the business end of the season so we better f***ing show up. if we trot out a weak squad like last week at blackpool i will be livid!

i agree.

We were lucky to beat them at home - lost twice to them last season. I think blackpool, wigan and wolves will get relegated - so i wonder if we will do the treble and lose to all three.

dont feel good about this one - no strikers, no bale, no hudd, no VDV, no charlie. No top 4 if we lose.

#34 Guest_FergoSpurs_*

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:20

QUOTE (TommoSpur @ Mar 2 2011, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone that isn't Charlie for you eh Fergo?!

I'm trying to soften on this one Tommo - I really am!

As I say - he works with lennon , but he needs Lennon to make him look good. He gives us nothing going forward and I don't buy the argument that he is good defensively - he's much beter than Hutton defensively - but that's not saying much!

For what we have though, Charlie definitely has his place, and that place is behind Lennon when Lennon is having a good day.

#35 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 03 March 2011 - 16:52

-------------gomes------------
hutton-dawson-gallas-benny
lennon-sandro-modric-pienaar
--------- ----krank--------------
-------------crouch-------------

can't play pav and crouch as we need a striker on the bench in case of injury. pavs been working harder these days, but crouch works harder still and we'll need his industriousness.

want lennon and pienaar to switch flanks shortly into the second half. i feel pienaars defensive commitment will allow hutton to bomb forward against a hopefully tiring wolves backline and that lennon will be able to similarly take advantage by cutting inside from the left.

put krank up top where he can take shots off of crouch's knockdowns. we need to put him into as many situations to shoot as possible.

#36 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 03 March 2011 - 17:03

I think most of the pertinent points regarding this game and our possible team selection have already been made, but I would just add this...football has now reached the ludicrous state whereby it is more important to qualify for the UCL than it is to do well in it(unless you win it, of course). With that in mind, 'Arry has got to put out his best team on Sunday(whatever it is) and go for it, from the off; there can be none of this 'Saving players for the Milan game' business. Defeat, and indeed a draw, are simply not options re. this fixture. 'Arry needs to do his homework and be prepared for any eventuality that may arise, making timely changes as and when necessary. In theory, playing Wolves away should suit us, they should feel obliged to come out attacking. However, that was also the theory against Blackpool.
Above all else, we must avoid conceding the early stupid goal otherwise we make life difficult for ourselves whatever team we select. Having watched Leicester a few times in recent years, I can say that any team that plays Stearman in the back four is asking for trouble.
COYS.

#37 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 18:05

Another brilliant post Stephan Bravo;;;To the game on Sunday and if anyone thinks
this is going to be an easy game then they can think again.Wolves have taken some
big scalps this season and I don't think they will be relegated this season but I for one
do not want Spurs to help them out of the bottom three.After our game they can do
what they bloody like but if we lose to them on Sunday then I think we can kiss goodbye
to getting the 4th place in the premier.We keep losing to lesser teams to us and we
have to go for the throat on Sunday and only 3POINTS will do for us(in HARRY I trust)
I really hope the trip to Dubai did some good for our players and helps DeFoe find the net;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
1940Spursman8...coys//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //////////////////////

#38 Guest_THFC6061_*

Posted 03 March 2011 - 22:18

Lawro's Prediction for Wolverhampton Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday, 1600 GMT)

Remembering the late Dean Richards, who played for both clubs, will be high on the agenda, as it should be.

It is terribly sad for someone to lose their life at the age of 36.

It might affect the mood of the game too but I would still go for Wolves here - I saw them against West Brom a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed.

They drew but I thought they were the better team and should have won.

They played very well against Blackpool last weekend too and, even if Blackpool had not had a man sent off, it wouldn't have made any difference, because they would still have beaten them.

Tottenham play AC Milan in the Champions League on Wednesday and I think their minds will be on that game.

I've got a feeling Spurs might be the odd ones out in the battle between them, City and Chelsea for a top-four place this season.

One of Tottenham's problems is that I think they will still be in the Champions League after Wednesday night and will have to keep one eye on that.

The difference between them and the other sides in the top five is that the others are capable of playing badly and still getting something on a more regular basis than Harry Redknapp's team can, at the moment anyway.

If the season were going to finish in the next couple of weeks, then it would be them who I would say would miss out.

Prediction: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur

This would put Spurs in 7th place on 48 points, according to Lawro's predictions for the season.

In fact, the Tottenham go into the game in 5th place with 47 points.

Here are all of Lawro's 2010-11 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if he was correct...

Lawro's 2010-11 Predictions

#39 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 04 March 2011 - 00:03

It's always a relief when Lawro predicts us to lose since we hardly ever do when he does.

#40 Guest_c411um_*

Posted 04 March 2011 - 00:41

blackpool revisited. except we'll have 1/3 of the chances...

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users