Planet Spurs Forums: Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-3 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-3 Tottenham Hotspur Sunday 6 March, KO: 16:00 GMT, Molineux Stadium

#261 Guest_Go Team_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 March 2011 - 18:00

Gutted. I've still a flicker of hope. City have Sunderland, Pool Chelsea and us as there next four. Hopefully we can get a favour or two.

Once Defoe hit the post i felt we were gonna get stung.

#262 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 18:00

QUOTE (Darren @ Mar 6 2011, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
harry hinted in the NOTW today no CL no chance of keeping our top players if someone else offers them more money we are f***ed

Yeah I was worrying about this, doesn't look good at the moment.

#263 Guest_Go Team_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 18:04

QUOTE (ChrisPienaar @ Mar 6 2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way we will get top 4 is if we beat chelsea, city, arsenal and liverpool. Tough games ahead...

Not true at all mate. We don't need 12 points from those games to get 4th. 6 will do it I think, or 5 if we beat City. We could've made life a lot easier if we'd taken the points on the table here.

#264 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 06 March 2011 - 18:05

QUOTE (Go Team @ Mar 6 2011, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not true at all mate. We don't need 12 points from those games to get 4th. 6 will do it I think, or 5 if we beat City. We could've made life a lot easier if we'd taken the points on the table here.

Perhaps wrote that too quickly in frustration but what i meant was that if we cannot pick up 3 points from the 'lesser' teams our only hope is to beat the teams around us. :/

#265 Guest_c411um_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 18:12

Hutton was lucky stay on the pitch. It was unfortunate for us that he did cos he was f***ing awful for the full 90 minutes. I only remember him stopping one cross coming in the whole game. I was praising him a few months back saying how much he'd improved.

I'm one of the most pessimistic supporters but the season certainly aint over yet.

#266 Guest_FergoSpurs_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 19:05

Yet again we let thugs kick us off every second ball, rather then fighting fire with fire.

when will we learn? need to toughen up and step up away from home. Otherwise it's bye bye CL, bye bye Bale and Modders and hello mid table mediocrity.

If Citeh get CL footie instead of us this year I think the CL wil be closed to us for 5 years minimum - they have massive resources and L'pool will come good as well.

Arry and Levy gambled with the clubs future in the transfer window (about which I'm still furious) and Arry does not seem to be able to get them to step up unless we are playing a top four team.

Worried.... but in Bale I trust. Hope we can pull of a great escape and nick fourth, but I'm not hopeful.

#267 Guest_Gladiator_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 19:58

I know we was so close to winning but:
Who would of thought we would of won? I would of been happy with a draw.
Bale is back.
Defoe is back to scoring form.
Pav scored a cracker
Sandro played brilliantly

What more could you want?

#268 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 20:15

QUOTE (Gladiator @ Mar 6 2011, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What more could you want?

A f***ing win against a s*** relegation team and a clean sheet to boot. If you can't win against teams like this you don't even deserve Champions League football.

Mind you, it could even get worse! If we slip even further we could end up without any European football at all. Birmingham have already clinched their Europa League spot so that only leaves 5th as a guarantee for Europa League right?

I think everyone is very disappointed by 1 point out of a potential 6 against relegation contenders like Blackpool and Wolves. It just shows we lack character to grind out results like the real big teams do. I know both Chelsea and Man Utd lost at Wolves but they wouldn't slip up twice against teams like these that's for sure!

#269 Guest_electricpace_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 20:47

In a nutshell .... today was typical Spurs and if we're to gain 4th or better then it will be done the hard way.

Gotta say Gomes annoys the s$út out of me regularly & today was no different and Hutton was disgracful beyond beleif but I'll still keep the faith till the final game of the season. Defoe has turned a huge psychological corner today .... keep him fit and playing regularly and he will get back to form I'm sure. Obviously it was great to see Bale back & I was happy to watch Sandro put in a shift who I think will become a top player for us eventually.

We've still got a great chance of 4th AND even 3rd and we'll do it the hard way (if any) like last season.

Keep the faith

COYS!

#270 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 21:36

To be honest, the result pales into insignificance with the heartfelt and touching tribute for Dean Richard R.I.P. before the game. Deano at just 36 has left a very young family behind and it must of been a difficult, but also inspiring day for them.

It was though a thrilling game and I am sure Deano will of been looking down with a smile on his face seeing two of his former clubs share a 3-3 draw.

So all things considered, a draw away to Wolves is not the end of our world or Top 4 challenge.

#271 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 22:07

QUOTE (Hotspur @ Mar 6 2011, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest, the result pales into insignificance with the heartfelt and touching tribute for Dean Richard R.I.P. before the game. Deano at just 36 has left a very young family behind and it must of been a difficult, but also inspiring day for them.

It was though a thrilling game and I am sure Deano will of been looking down with a smile on his face seeing two of his former clubs share a 3-3 draw.

Quite right Hotspur. A very moving tribute indeed.

As for the match, disappointing result n the end but at least a few positives, none more so than Bale's cameo at the end - looks to have lost none of his sharpness, which bodes well for Wednesday night.

I thought, bar a few stray passes, Sandro was phenomenal. His work rate was unbelievable all game, to think he went down with cramp after about an hour but was still charging from end to end for the rest of the game, very impressive! Looks to me like he is ready for a more regular role in the team.

Agree with those critical of Hutton. In his defence, Jarvis is a very good player and the fact that he can cross on either foot makes him difficult to defend against - but Hutton gave him far too much space in which to deliver. Happened time and time again and ultimately cost us the game. Didn't think much of our marking/defending in the box from crosses either.

Very pleased for Defoe, his goals were superb and I thought he looked much more of a threat today.

#272 User is offline   cornish spur 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2011 - 23:30

QUOTE (Hotspur @ Mar 6 2011, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So all things considered, a draw away to Wolves is not the end of our world or Top 4 challenge.

Here here cheers.gif cheers.gif cheers.gif

#273 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:12

QUOTE (Stephan @ Mar 6 2011, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A f***ing win against a s*** relegation team and a clean sheet to boot. If you can't win against teams like this you don't even deserve Champions League football.

Mind you, it could even get worse! If we slip even further we could end up without any European football at all. Birmingham have already clinched their Europa League spot so that only leaves 5th as a guarantee for Europa League right?

I think everyone is very disappointed by 1 point out of a potential 6 against relegation contenders like Blackpool and Wolves. It just shows we lack character to grind out results like the real big teams do. I know both Chelsea and Man Utd lost at Wolves but they wouldn't slip up twice against teams like these that's for sure!

Yep 5th place is guaranteed europe and 6th will get it if both finalists of the FA cup are already in the top 5. Exactly its not just today that weve slipped up, weve got 1 point from wolves and blackpool. Simply not good enough. I can also agree that it is not the end of the world with bale and vdv coming back but it is still largely disappointing. All we can do is put it behind us, support Blackpool tomorrow and pray we go through on Wed biggrin.gif

#274 Guest_stuboy72_*

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:46

Yes yesterdays games was disappointing, especially as we let the lead slip away twice, but a point against a side that have a good record against the bigger clubs, is a point gained and personally I think Wolves are in a false position.

As I said in a previous post, if we draw all of our 5 remaining away games and win our home games, then that gives us, points total of 70, which I think could be good enough to get into the top 4.

I appreciate that will only happen if both City & Chelsea slip up along the way, which may not happen, which means 70 points would not be good enough, meaning we would need to turn one awy game into 3 points.

I think we all need to see what the next two league games bring against West Ham (H) & Wigan (A), if we muck up, and other results go against us then we can say that the top 4 is beyond us.

So, let's keep a little faith and pray that bit harder for results to go in our favour and you never know, we may end up as last season in the top 4!

COYS!!!

#275 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:25

Well, it was not the result we were looking for but it is by no means the end of our top 4 challenge!! City were dreadful on Sat and will be lucky to keep winning if they continue to play like that with the tougher games they have coming up!!

It will go doen to the wire for us.. Still gonna be decided by the Citeh and Chelsea games I feel, win those and we could still do it!!

COYS!!! praying.gif

#276 Guest_Irving Squalor_*

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:33

Birmingham have already clinched their Europa League spot so that only leaves 5th as a guarantee for Europa League right?

I'd rather not play in Europe then be in that 2nd rate farce of a competiton. Why oh why can we not just play with consistency? We've got the squad, the experience & the tactical ability, yet week in week out, you never quite know which Spurs are going to turn up. Our side never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunty, unless it's in the CL it seems to me.

#277 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 07 March 2011 - 13:15

It is inevitable that we are going to be pissed off since we were only 7 minutes from victory but, to be honest, it was a fair result and we probably would have settled for a draw had we taken the 3 points at Blackpool...that was the cr@p result. As we pointed out before the game, Wolves are not easy opponents at Molyneux and even yesterday we had important players missing(why did 'Arry play our wingers Bale and Lennon on the wrong flanks?).
I agree with the views expressed about Hutton...the man is inconsistent at best and a downright liability most of the time. Why did he make the foul in the first place, the forward might have mis-controled the ball or Gomes might well have been able to block the shot in any event. Stupid, he should have been sent off, no question.
Personally, I thought the disallowed 'goal' should have stood.
One final thing...we look vunerable in the air at times. I might be inclined to play Crouch against Milan...he would be able to help out at the back when defending free kicks and corners.

#278 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2011 - 14:11

Yeah good point RE: Crouch!! I think he may have been left out with Wednesday in mind!! I expect to see him Bale Lennon and hopefully VDV all startuing against Milan!!

We played well going forward yesterday, but will need to improve defensively for Wed!!

#279 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 17:56

This game was a lucky one for us and if Hutton had been sent off then I think we
would have been in trouble.At least DeFoe got a couple of goals at last and good
old Pav; got a bullet of a goal.I think the ref was very lenient towards our team
on Sunday and think we were lucky to get away with a draw.If we had all our
injured players back on the field then we may have won the game because
VdV is a bit of a genius as his 11 goals so far have proved so we have to keep going.
1940Spursman8...coys//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#280 Guest_CO_Spurs_*

Posted 07 March 2011 - 21:17

My mate (LFC supporter) and I ran the numbers separately this morning for the remaining fixtures. We took City through Bolton (3rd - 7th) and surprisingly both came up with a similar number of points for all the teams. Long story short, we had City, Chelsea, Spurs, and Liverpool on about the same number of points remaining. If so, these last two games just wrecked our chances at 4th...

The only caveat is that we mostly had the games between City, Chelsea, and Spurs as draws, so we really need to win those two games. That just might do it...it will be difficult, but still possible.

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users