Planet Spurs Forums: Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-3 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-3 Tottenham Hotspur Sunday 6 March, KO: 16:00 GMT, Molineux Stadium

#41 Guest_aussispurs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:32

QUOTE (c411um @ Mar 4 2011, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blackpool revisited. except we'll have 1/3 of the chances...

... and 1/3 of the goals?

... and they will have 3 times the chances blackpool did

#42 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:18

Right that absolute bell end Lawrenson says we are gonna lose and So I say we will win!! He probably still thinks Liverfool are gonna make top four!! Lol what a numpty!!

I say a 2-1 win coming from a goal down!!!

#43 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 04 March 2011 - 17:24

Wouldn't it be nice if just once we could deal with such a game like a normal 4th or 5th place side...
We go out there and spend the first fifteen minutes or so containing their initial enthusiasm, keeping things tight and restricting Wolves to a couple of half chances, nothing too serious. Having weathered this, our attacks gain momentum and after about half an hour we duly take the lead. Back they come with a brief revival but this is comfortably seen off and we see out the last five minutes of the first half in an appropriate professional manner.
Nothing much happens in the second half apart from the odd minor scare here and there but then we raise our game briefly and this culminates in the killer second goal in the 78th minute. No further issues, job done.
Dream on. rolleyes.gif
To be fair to the boys, this was how the Villa park game started to develop until Defoe got his marching orders. One of our best performances this season IMO.

#44 Guest_dannymc_*

Posted 05 March 2011 - 00:35

must win match,just heard that bale will get a 30 min run out against them,i think we will win 2-1,the law of averages state our strikers will score a bucket full in the remainder of the season praying.gif praying.gif crest.gif

#45 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:43

QUOTE (GJHSpurs @ Mar 4 2011, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wouldn't it be nice if just once we could deal with such a game like a normal 4th or 5th place side...
We go out there and spend the first fifteen minutes or so containing their initial enthusiasm, keeping things tight and restricting Wolves to a couple of half chances, nothing too serious. Having weathered this, our attacks gain momentum and after about half an hour we duly take the lead. Back they come with a brief revival but this is comfortably seen off and we see out the last five minutes of the first half in an appropriate professional manner.
Nothing much happens in the second half apart from the odd minor scare here and there but then we raise our game briefly and this culminates in the killer second goal in the 78th minute. No further issues, job done.
Dream on. rolleyes.gif
To be fair to the boys, this was how the Villa park game started to develop until Defoe got his marching orders. One of our best performances this season IMO.

You've made a football match sound really boring yawn.gif It's made me realise how lucky we are that Spurs don't do anything simple dancing.gif

#46 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 05 March 2011 - 13:36

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Mar 5 2011, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've made a football match sound really boring yawn.gif It's made me realise how lucky we are that Spurs don't do anything simple dancing.gif

True enough, never a dull moment with Tottenham, as each game confirms!

#47 Guest_brummieyid_*

Posted 05 March 2011 - 16:10

I must admit I'm reluctant to make a prediction for this game.

It's going to be a tough one.

Firstly our strike force are suffering when it comes down to goals. Defoe has still to score a league goal this season, Crouch has not been exactly prolific and Pav doesn't always get his chance.
Secondly, Wolves are no push over at Molineux. McCarthy will set them out to try and condense the midfield I would think. They will get 11 players behind the ball and make it hard for us to create. On top of that they have a good record against the top teams when at home.
Thirdly, the atmosphere will be quite sombre to start. The focus will be on the recent loss of Dean Richards who of course played for both us and Wolves. How much this will effect the players I'm not sure.

I really hope we can get a result and I know we should be beating teams like Wolves if we want to continue with our CL adventures.

COYS

#48 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 05 March 2011 - 17:10

I'm not too confident for this one either but the fact Lawro predicts us to lose is a boost since he's virtually always wrong.

#49 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 05 March 2011 - 19:07

QUOTE (GJHSpurs @ Mar 4 2011, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dream on. rolleyes.gif

Would be perfect. I also agree with PnR's amusing retort as well though !

We simply HAVE to win, and for that reason I'll back us to do it.

#50 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2011 - 20:52

Spurs never do anything simple, 3-2 spurs, you heard it here first!

#51 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 05 March 2011 - 22:10

Very tough game against a Wolves side that have already beaten Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool at home this season. So it will be far from easy for us and the abscence of Bale and Van der Vaart does not help.

I am not very confident about us getting anything out of this game, but sometimes my negative thinking is a good thing as I thought the same before we recently beat Sunderland and Blackburn away.

#52 User is offline   Craig 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:Uaushfyddgididryaisetrdirepdrrudoeuydifuspspsosiprgudosusdosp

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:52

Opta stat of the day to fill everyone with confidence, courtesy of sky sports:

Wolves have won three of their four home matches against the teams currently in the Premier League's top five, while Spurs have won none of their three away games against the bottom five.

#53 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 13:33

QUOTE (Craig @ Mar 6 2011, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Opta stat of the day to fill everyone with confidence, courtesy of sky sports:

Wolves have won three of their four home matches against the teams currently in the Premier League's top five, while Spurs have won none of their three away games against the bottom five.

You can also add that in the one game Wolves didn't win...Arsenal...they conceded in the first minute but still made things difficult for their opponents until they were finally killed off by the second goal in the dying seconds.

#54 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 14:43

Ripe for us to go against the grain and win. We usually do the reverse of the expected, and most are seeing us trip up in this.

Feeling confident.

#55 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 15:11

from twitter

Welcome to Molineux! Teams soon. Gareth Bale is back on the bench. Three changes - Hutton, JJ, Sandro for Bassong, Palacios, Lennon.

#56 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 15:15

starting XI - Gomes; Hutton, Dawson, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto; Pienaar, Jenas, Sandro, Modric; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

#57 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 15:15

subs - Cudicini, Bale, Bassong, Kranjcar, Lennon, Palacios, Crouch.

#58 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 15:18

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...amp;part=sports

#59 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 15:23

Cheers, pal.

Good to see Sandro in the team, his prior performances warranted it.

Midfield built to work hard methinks. On first look I don't really like it, but time will tell I guess and I can see his reasoning. Think Lennon should be playing, but we got Hutton to overlap and Pienaar to cut in, so maybe thats why ?

#60 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 06 March 2011 - 15:59

This place is a ghost town, Dazza.

Big game here, COYS !

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users