Planet Spurs Forums: UEFA Champions League (Final 16): Tottenham Hotspur 0-0 AC Milan - Planet Spurs Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

UEFA Champions League (Final 16): Tottenham Hotspur 0-0 AC Milan Wednesday 9 March, KO: 19:45 GMT, White Hart Lane

#21 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:14

QUOTE (special yid @ Mar 8 2011, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jeenola: You have just made my day!! Do we think he will go straight back in, if as reported, he is now fit??

From Arry's tone, he's def starting tomorrow. Re: Bale, might be more lethal as a sub if they get more tired??? I'm not sure it's a difficult one tbh, Without big Tom Midfield with just Sandro alone might not be enough, the double team of Sarge & Sandro might be more effective for the start to just keep it tight.

#22 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:20

QUOTE (special yid @ Mar 8 2011, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did not see anything about Charlie in that article mate??!!

The link should have the radio interview? Anyway on the interview Arry said:

"Charlies he's training, he's back, there's every chance he'll be fit. He trained this morning and yesterday well, he's available so that's good news"

#23 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:36

Not good enough to beat Blackpool or Wolves, yet people feel overly confident for a clash with AC Milan. I'm not too sure about this one lads. It could get pretty messy...

#24 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:59

Football doesn't follow logic like that at all. Arsenal - good enough to beat Barcelona, can't beat Leyton Orient. Therefore, Leyton Orient should beat Barcelona ?

Right - I've had enough of these slimy AC Milan f***ers. Players lack class, fans lack class and their manager is a w***, calling us the weakest team in the CL. Time to fook them up proper ! I really think Allegri's comments will backfirem Harry now has a ready made teamtalk to fire us right up.

Lets send these w***s back to the San Siro humiliated.

Forza Spurs ! Forza Inter !

#25 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 08 March 2011 - 17:17

QUOTE (David_Jeenola @ Mar 8 2011, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The link should have the radio interview? Anyway on the interview Arry said:

"Charlies he's training, he's back, there's every chance he'll be fit. He trained this morning and yesterday well, he's available so that's good news"

charlies fit.. so is vdv, bale & woody ph34r.gif wink1.gif

#26 Guest_Gladiator_*

Posted 08 March 2011 - 17:20

Team News

Rafa van der Vaart is available to face AC Milan in the Champions League tomorrow night.

However, Harry Redknapp reported that Gareth Bale was 'touch and go' to start the last 16, second leg at the Lane.

Dutch maestro Rafa, 12 goals in 24 appearances this season, played an hour of our 1-0 first leg win in the San Siro on February 15 but a calf problem has ruled him out of our last two matches at Blackpool and Wolves.

"Rafa's okay," said Harry. "He trained this morning and yesterday, and worked particularly hard yesterday. He came through with no problems and he's available."

Gareth returned to action with a 20-minute stint off the bench in Sunday's draw at Wolves.

That was the Welsh flyer's first action since departing early at Newcastle with a back problem that subsequently kept him out for six weeks.

"Gareth trained this morning, his back is fine but he still felt a bit stiff in the the legs," said Harry.

"We will wait until tomorrow to see how he is. It's touch and go as to whether or not he's fit enough to start the game.

"I would love to start him and if he's fit, he's a fantastic player for us. If he's not quite right, I won't take a chance with him.

"I'm sure he's desperate to play but he won't play if he doesn't feel quite 100 per cent. It's his decision as to whether or not he feels ready. We'll have to wait and see."

Vedran 'Charlie' Corluka is also available after recovering from an ankle injury sustained in the first leg.

"Charlie is fit," added Harry. "He's fine. He's worked hard in training for the last week or two and he's available.

"I've now got to make a decision between him and Alan Hutton. We'll look at that one tomorrow.

"Charlie has worked hard with the physio and fitness coaches, he's made a good recovery and wants to play. Everyone wants to play in this game."

Ledley King (groin), Tom Huddlestone (ankle), Jonathan Woodgate (groin) and Younes Kaboul (knee) remain out.

#27 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 08 March 2011 - 17:44

overall pretty good news on the injury front!

the best news out of all that is charlie! if he plays then we can keep them quiet as i think a defense of him daws gallas and bae is our best!

if vdv plays i expect us to keep the ball better.

my team:

gomes
corluka gallas dawson benny
lennon palacios modric bale/pienaar
vdv
crouch

jermain defoe to come on and score the winner on the night for a 2-0 aggregate win!!

#28 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 08 March 2011 - 18:13

Great news about Charlie !

Thats the team to go with for sure, Stoxy.

I'm also thinking of putting a wager on JD to score in the 75th-90th minute range....

The Milan defence may hopefully be stretched and weary, and we'll hit them on the counter..

#29 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 08 March 2011 - 19:58

QUOTE (old grey yid @ Mar 8 2011, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
charlies fit.. so is vdv, bale & woody ph34r.gif wink1.gif

Nice one, this is top top news

#30 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 08 March 2011 - 21:42

I agree as well with the team by Stoxy.

I think harry will have us coming out guns blazing and try to kill it off after 30 mins - you'd think 2 goals would do it.

After that i think we might revert to the format and approach we took at san siro.

#31 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 08 March 2011 - 21:57

Arsenal are out biggrin.gif

Hopefully we'll show them how its done

#32 Guest_hdhotdog_*

Posted 08 March 2011 - 22:40

I would play the same team as Stoxy.

If anything I would actually leave out Van Der Vaart. Only if you wanted to keep it tight in the first half. Play Sandro and Palacios in the middle. They can pass it to Luka just ahead of them, who can play it out quick to Bale and Lennon who will kill them. More of a 5 in midfield but give Bale and Lennon more freedom, because from the 1st game, they will have a fieldday.

Depends what way you want to go though really.

#33 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:15

QUOTE (hdhotdog @ Mar 8 2011, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would play the same team as Stoxy.

If anything I would actually leave out Van Der Vaart. Only if you wanted to keep it tight in the first half. Play Sandro and Palacios in the middle. They can pass it to Luka just ahead of them, who can play it out quick to Bale and Lennon who will kill them. More of a 5 in midfield but give Bale and Lennon more freedom, because from the 1st game, they will have a fieldday.

Depends what way you want to go though really.

Yes i think there are 2 "set ups" the one with VDV behind crounch and the one with Sandro partnering wilson and no VDV. Its a question of which sequence we play them.

Do we start defensive, try to hold on and brng on VDV if we need to score, or
Start attacking and revert to defensive if/ after we score.

It a gamble either way, but i favor the latter.

#34 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:24

i dont think harry will put out a defensive team at home... i simply dont think it would suit the night.
its ok when your up against it in the san siro, however on a noisy night under the lights at the lane (theres that beautiful cliche again) i think it would just create a nervy horrible atmosphere leading to us f***ing up. i simply think we have to go for it, play our way and hopefully stick one or two in. score one we have a huge chance, score 2 were well away smile.gif

#35 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:32

Thats what I was thinking glad I wasnt the only one.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#36 Guest_The Slikmeister_*

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:27

On being interviewed by ITV sport this morning Harry has stated that he has no thoughts of playing a 'cagey' defensive game v Milan tonight & that Spurs will play as they always do when their at home.
Attack, attack, attack then seems to be the order of the day.
I dont think he's naive enough to throw caution completely to the wind but I do expect us to start this game with 1 DM instead of the 2 we went with in the 1st leg 3 weeks ago.
After reading between the lines, so to speak, regarding our injury problems I think we will start with this line up.

.............................................Gomes

Corluka..................Dawson..... ...............Gallas....................BAE

Lennon....................Sandro.................... Modric..................Bale

................................................VdV

........ ......................................Crouch

Personally I dont think we will be as gung ho about this game as Harry's trying to make out.
IMO a leopard never changes its spots & being atypical Italian Milan wont want to concede early on & will try to play it very tight in the 1st part of this game.
I dont think Harry will allow us to be suckered in & be caught out like they were in the 1st leg so Im expecting us to be disciplined & bide our time as we carve out our opportuinities.
If that is the case at some point Milan are gonna have to come out & have ago & when that happens that will be the point when I believe we have the pace & width to hurt them using the space they leave.
Im going with 2-0 to Spurs tonight with both goals coming in the 2nd half.
TO DO IS TO DARE!!!
Keep the faith.
COYS

#37 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:33

First 15 minutes are all important

Young boys
Inter away
Seville a couple of years ago

All these teams hit us early and it hurt us. Milan will come at us from the off. We must be ready for it.

There is an arguement to start with Wilson and Sandro bringing Modric on later, if we start with Modders then we must control the ball from the off.

#38 Guest_smiley_spur_*

Posted 09 March 2011 - 14:50

I am starting to get really excited. I am fairly confident for tonight but no where near as confident as most people on here. I think it hangs in the balance at 1-0, either side could come out and run all over the other. Having said that i do believe we will qualify. I think we will draw this game 2-2 after going 2-0 down and making things hard for ourselves. I am starting to expect a first 20 minuet capitulation like we have seen so often.

#39 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 09 March 2011 - 14:50

I'm starting to feel tense now chaps in antisipation of our game tonight against AC Milan. So tense infact that I'm now off for a massage as I'm far too tense and I need to try and relax.

#40 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 09 March 2011 - 15:05

Not sure about Milan coming at us from the off, unless we invite it too much. I think they will try to contain in the first half hour, not let us run away with it, and try and nick the equalizing goal. Lets just blast them away - Chelsea at home last season, they couldn't live with us in the first 15 mins and were shellshocked.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users