Planet Spurs Forums: Tottenham Hotspur 0-0 West Ham United - Planet Spurs Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 0-0 West Ham United Saturday 19 March, KO: 12:45 GMT, White Hart Lane

#161 Guest_Go Team_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:08

Ok , so maybe we beat whoever loses tomorrow and we grab 4th again. But if not, 2 points for these 3 games against championship sides will be what has cost us CL football and i hope it doesn't cost us our top players too.

Defoe knows where the back of the net is I'm sure but he's been off form so long I'm not even worried by the stories City are after him. He's only in the team to score and if he's not doing that he's worse than a passanger.

Don't see us getting 4th now, but I didn't see us finishing 4th (our highest league finish in a long time) while competeing in the CL for the first time this season. I'm gutted, but now my goal is to enjoy our run in the CL and hope we hold onto our players til the start of next season.

#162 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:23

QUOTE (Go Team @ Mar 20 2011, 05:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok , so maybe we beat whoever loses tomorrow and we grab 4th again. But if not, 2 points for these 3 games against championship sides will be what has cost us CL football and i hope it doesn't cost us our top players too.

Defoe knows where the back of the net is I'm sure but he's been off form so long I'm not even worried by the stories City are after him. He's only in the team to score and if he's not doing that he's worse than a passanger.

Don't see us getting 4th now, but I didn't see us finishing 4th (our highest league finish in a long time) while competeing in the CL for the first time this season. I'm gutted, but now my goal is to enjoy our run in the CL and hope we hold onto our players til the start of next season.

i wouldn't call anything just yet.

its not to the point of mathematical impossibility, but points must be gotten and now we've put ourselves in the positions of needing to win against top sides at the end of the season for the second season in a row. thrilling stuff to be certain but also a ton of stress on our players.

maybe harry is trying to lessen the load on the players with theme of "good times for tottenham?" does he think our squad is overburdened with expectations or something? weren't we "why not think about winning the league?" just a bit ago? i find it really difficult to assess harry's actions sometimes...

#163 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:10

have to agree about voting for BNP that is out of order I feel, dont think that, that is a fair and just comment. I also have said things about Arry but only on some of his management decisions, and whom he deems to be players he wants, If I have one concern about Arry and that is his attitude just sometimes, take like yesterday he was seemingly happy with a point, but as an individual I was not, and also he seems so laid back at times, like when we have suffered a silly defeat, he says things like "Oh well theres always another game", thats my real gripe.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#164 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:05

I would love to know the stat of how many chances we created whilst playing 4-5-1 against how many we created when Pav came on and we switched to 4-4-2

I know stats don't tell the whole story but i bet it would make an interesting point to this debate.

#165 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 20 March 2011 - 13:44

QUOTE (journeyman @ Mar 20 2011, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have to agree about voting for BNP that is out of order I feel, dont think that, that is a fair and just comment. I also have said things about Arry but only on some of his management decisions, and whom he deems to be players he wants, If I have one concern about Arry and that is his attitude just sometimes, take like yesterday he was seemingly happy with a point, but as an individual I was not, and also he seems so laid back at times, like when we have suffered a silly defeat, he says things like "Oh well theres always another game", thats my real gripe.

yeah but we only see what happens in the media, im sure him and the players know that 2 points from 3 games simply wasnt good enough. the players dont need him to come out and tell the world it wasnt enough. in football management im sure theres a huge difference between what is said behind closed doors and what is said in public and so there should be!

#166 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 20 March 2011 - 14:27

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Mar 20 2011, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would love to know the stat of how many chances we created whilst playing 4-5-1 against how many we created when Pav came on and we switched to 4-4-2

I know stats don't tell the whole story but i bet it would make an interesting point to this debate.

Yes, I think it would. Assuming I have read you right, I also have serious reservations about 4-5-1, especially when the two wide men are not firing on all cylinders...Bale not match fit and Lennon in and out of the game yesterday...and the opposition play five across the middle. With the exception of Defoe's two sitters and the odd chance towards the death, most of our attempts were from the edge of the box or beyond. Of course, the reason for this is to the credit of West Ham...they defended well and if they had a better striker than Cole they might even have won.
One final point...Gomes...excellent one-handed save from Obinna.

#167 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 20 March 2011 - 17:11

First of all I would just like to say how horrified I was by the SCUM of Westham that just
could not keep their bloody big mouths shut during the minutes silence before the game.

I was at this game and all that I could say was good was the lovely weather.
That's more than I can say about our players--DeFoe could not hit a barn door
with the amount of chances he had and I do not know why he took VdV off as I
thought he was putting in a good shift.As with Harry he does his subs;a little late
in the game and if he had put Pav;on a lot earlier I think he would have scored.
Nobody in the team wanted to take charge of trying to put the ball in the back of
the net.I was behind the goal we were trying to score in and DeFoe kept tripping (second half)
over his own feet and at least PAV had at least three goes of trying to score.
Corluka had a real bad game and should have gone off a lot earlier and
West Ham never looked like scoring as our full backs had everything covered
they tried to fire in our direction.I went home very disappointed but I will
Support the mighty SPURS till I die.
1940Spursman8...coys////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#168 Guest_AlexWHU_*

Posted 20 March 2011 - 21:57

Mmm.

No noise during the silence where I was - Block 36...

Tottenham dominated. Massively. But WHU never looked like scoring? Assume you were asleep then for our 5 shots on target? Gomes' very good save from Ba...Cole's one on one in the first half that a decent striker would have scored...

As I said, Tottenham dominated and could easily have won by a few goals, but let's have some proper perspective and comment on what actually happened...

#169 Guest_c411um_*

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:53

most certainly on another day it could of been 0-2 to west ham. also could of been 4-0 to tottenham. it was 0-0. next up we have wigan which will be 4 relegation candidates in a row. if we don't get 3 points from that game we won't come 5th, let alone 4th.

if defoe starts vdv must only play in a 4 man midfield or not at all...

#170 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:47

IF Defoe starts that should be a big IF, hes got to start taking and making more of his chances.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#171 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:35

QUOTE (AlexWHU @ Mar 20 2011, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mmm.

Tottenham dominated. Massively. But WHU never looked like scoring? Assume you were asleep then for our 5 shots on target? Gomes' very good save from Ba...Cole's one on one in the first half that a decent striker would have scored...

As I said, Tottenham dominated and could easily have won by a few goals, but let's have some proper perspective and comment on what actually happened...

Fair shout, reminded me of our match against Blackpool. Although I think we dominated even more so against Blackpool and managed to lose 3-1 but there you go. We did deserve to win but you guys did have a few clear chances to win. If we had lost I may have jumped out the window.

#172 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:33

Laughable post, if you size it up with the others you've made recently. You don't think we should've tried to sign a striker in the past 18 months in a more effective manner, yet the reasons for the points dropped today are clear as day to you, as stated by yourself ie. 'IT IS A STRIKER PROBLEM'. Stick to your guns one way or another, if 'any striker' would've put chances away today, then we should've signed 'any striker'.

Then you clearly do not understand the posts i have been making in the past - i suggest you go and read them again. To save you some time i will summarise for you.

I have been banging on for ever that our strikers are poor and need to be upgraded but i do not agree with forking out 40M on a big name. I have consistently called for spending money on younger untried folks or experienced guys below the top tier - becasue they are all an improvemnt on the dross we have. And that euan is my point again in this match - bloddy anyone could have scored against west ham except the garbage we have up front.

#173 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 22 March 2011 - 13:24

Dude, you agreed with PnR, who at the time said that - 'people complaining about not having a new striker were cry babies and should go and support Man City !' That is what was laughable to me.

People weren't automatically clamouring for 40m to be splurged on a new striker. We've spent 12m since the end of last season, we all know there is at least 50m odd sitting around. Not saying that should all be spent, BUT the forward line should have been freshened up whether it was an exciting youngster for sub 10m ala Hernandez, a striker ready to go to the next level ala Berbatov 10-15m, or maybe Suarez at 23m, a rare talent who was also rare in that he didn't want 100K+ wages.

I completely agree with what you've just posted, and have made the same point several times over until I'm blue in the face !

#174 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 22 March 2011 - 17:34

Er i said support a team with a Man City mentality and bank balance.

And my point about keep on crying about our strikers is valid, every time we don't win it will be the case.

Maybe we should spend our energy discussing valid options to resolve the problem of this season because we can't do anything in the way of new blood untill the summer.

We are all in agreement that new strikers were needed in Jan, but to be quite honest, its nearly April and i'm bored ridgid of this last transfer window in the same way people are bored ridgid of the 2 points from 8 games slogan

None of it is laughable.

#175 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 22 March 2011 - 17:52

I'll stop the can of worms opening back up fully, and save us going another 9 rounds boxing.gif

Your right though, it wears a bit thin, we all know where the problems lie, let the chips fall where they may......

#176 Guest_bracknellyid_*

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:12

QUOTE (AlexWHU @ Mar 20 2011, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mmm.

Block 42 upper south and all i heard was noise from people entering the stadium who may not have been aware that the silence was in full swing. The majority of which were Spurs fans too judging by the pykey boy stuff i could hear!

My view on the game. Spurs dominated and should have won by a mile. Great save from Gomes in the second half and if Cole wasnt a complete clown WHU would have scorred. Disapointing result.

Lots of Yids mocking West Ham fans at the end for celebrating a draw....Naive Idiots with double standards.

I will have one h*ll of a night if we get a 0-0 at Stamford Bridge next month just as i have had after draws at the emirates!!

Oh well onwards and upwards

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users