Planet Spurs Forums: Tottenham Hotspur 0-0 West Ham United - Planet Spurs Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 0-0 West Ham United Saturday 19 March, KO: 12:45 GMT, White Hart Lane

#21 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:37

yep agree with that but lets just hope big willie will be fit.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#22 Guest_White_Hart_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:28

On paper this fixture should be a complete walk over, so why the h*ll does this game worry me so much. Why the h*ll can't I feel confident that we can kill off any third rate team like West Spam have become?

I'm sick and tired of us not being able to do these crappy clubs, yet we can see off the likes of AC Milan, Inter Milan etc etc ..

Surely this is about our starting 11 not rising to the the game simply because it's not a big stage. Harry needs to kick them up the ass and explain to them that CL qualification is just as important than our current run!!

#23 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:15

Yeah thats is exactly right!! As the manager Harry needs to assume reponsibility for that and ensure the players are 100% up for the win!!

This has been a problem against lower level teams but hopefully seeing as West Ham is a derby game this should not be a problem this weekend!!

Chris Piennar: I'm still not sure VDV is 100 % and tbh I still feel at home to lower table teams two out and out strikers is the best bet!! We need goals!! Lol

#24 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:18

This is a must win game and I am a bit worried about Gallas being missing
hamstring I believe.We should have pretty much a full squad otherwise but
I do not know if Kaboul is fit anybody know??.As I posted earlier I am lucky
enough to be going to this game with my son & grandson and we all are
looking forward to it so much.As soon as I enter the stadium the hairs on
the back of my neck all go up.The few times I have been lucky enough to
go most of the games have been winners so I am going to forecast that
the mighty SPURS will start a run with a 3--0 battering of West Ham.
I know I have done an earlier post but felt I had to put this one in as well.

1940Spursman8...coys////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// crest.gif

#25 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 17 March 2011 - 13:52

QUOTE (White_Hart @ Mar 17 2011, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On paper this fixture should be a complete walk over, so why the h*ll does this game worry me so much. Why the h*ll can't I feel confident that we can kill off any third rate team like West Spam have become?

I'm sick and tired of us not being able to do these crappy clubs, yet we can see off the likes of AC Milan, Inter Milan etc etc ..

Surely this is about our starting 11 not rising to the the game simply because it's not a big stage. Harry needs to kick them up the ass and explain to them that CL qualification is just as important than our current run!!

Unless we win the bloody thing, it is MORE important!

#26 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 17 March 2011 - 17:00

I'm also worried that Spurs' rep of being able to come back from being a goal down, might be leading to us starting off too slow. We were second to every ball until Wolves scored for example.

#27 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 17 March 2011 - 17:21

This is always a difficult game for us because of West Ham's attitude to our club; their fans detest Spurs and this attitude seems to permeate itself into the players as well. In addition, West Ham have improved recently, bouyed up by a couple of half-decent loan acquisitions in January, the return of the German whose name begins with 'H' and has a 'z' in it and the good form of Parker. I think we will win but it will be close and we need to be 'on the ball' from the start. I would definitely start Defoe...there is 'history' between him and West Ham and he always does well against them.

#28 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:00

Yep, gotta agree I would back Defoe to find the target if he gets the nod tomorrow!! But, dont think VDV and him works too well tbh!!

#29 Guest_cri$p$_*

Posted 18 March 2011 - 12:16

hope the excitment of gettin madrid in CL doesnt get in the way 2moro, west ham will be up for a derby fight. we def need 3 points 2moro as city and chelsea will drop points some way or another playin eachother.

#30 Guest_Spurious_*

Posted 18 March 2011 - 17:14

Good work mods, first spam I've seen on this forum!

Just when we're debating how to crush Wet Spam, heh, heh.

What's everyone think about playing the ball through on the floor to Defoe and Pav? Then throw Crouchie on at 70mins to put the hammer down? No need to go all route one on them, methinks.

Gotta sharpen up for 5 April!

#31 Guest_Alex.FC_*

Posted 18 March 2011 - 18:10

You right Spurious that was really fast, good job mods! smile.gif

Hope you will crash Wet Spam and sorry for that post it was not intended to be a spam but good and free mobile resourse for you. I though it will be nice to have latest highlights with you on your mobile phone... Dont you think the same?

#32 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 18 March 2011 - 18:14

QUOTE (Alex.FC @ Mar 18 2011, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You right Spurious that was really fast, good job mods! smile.gif

Hope you will crash Wet Spam and sorry for that post it was not intended to be a spam but good and free mobile resourse for you. I though it will be nice to have latest highlights with you on your mobile phone... Dont you think the same?

I haven't seen the spam post but I reckon the thing you were trying to promote wasn't 100% legit. Besides, we do not allow intentional promotion of commercial services or products on here.

#33 Guest_Alex.FC_*

Posted 18 March 2011 - 18:24

Stephan,
Thank you for your reply at first. Could you advice why do you think its not legit? This site is absolutely free and non commercial. Its made by football fans and for football fans.

#34 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 18 March 2011 - 18:29

QUOTE (Alex.FC @ Mar 18 2011, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stephan,
Thank you for your reply at first. Could you advice why do you think its not legit? This site is absolutely free and non commercial. Its made by football fans and for football fans.

I haven't seen it but judging another moderator deemed it right to remove the post I guess there was something about it that violated our house rules.

I'm not trying to be stereotypical but the fact we have had several occasions of spammers hailing from Russia doesn't help your case either, given the fact you're from Russia too.

#35 Guest_Spurious_*

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:49

Wow. Didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest there, but, uhhh, way to kill a conversation, Alex.FC. Back to the game everyone?

Looks like Gallas is fit. Does anyone know whether he'll start?

As for the other relevant match, I'm not even sure what result I'm wishing for between Chelski and Citeh. Thinking ahead to how tight it may be at the end of the season, I'm thinking draw. Thinking about last season, I'm thinking three points for Chelsea, none for City.

#36 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:46

QUOTE (Alex.FC @ Mar 18 2011, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stephan,

it's not about you alexfc, really, it's us. its just that anytime a new member registers and then proceeds to immediately start plugging websites, we have an obligation to the forum community to remove it.

we have rules and guidelines although they are rarely enforced. we also use our judgment to enforce the spirit of the law and not just the letter of it.

#37 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:07

nice post, whiteheart!

this game is huge. we've dropped so, so many points to poor sides. we also play consistently well versus top echelon clubs. i guess we just lack defensive focus when it comes to less threatening opposition...and then we get draws instead of wins. didn't we allow only 10 home goals last season? i feel like we picked up a lot more clean sheets last season as well. where did that go?

anyways, i'd love to start defoe up top and see what he can do. i don't see crouch being effective against upson/tomkins. i can see pav being effective against them late on.

got to be honest, i think it might benefit us to play vdv and modders in the xavi/iniesta CM roles rather than instructing rafa to play on the front line and then track back as needed. i think it would help positioning and give us more depth in the middle.

ham are playing a 3 man midfield these days as i recall so we're probably best off getting bale and lennon to run at an isolated fullback, much like milan. bale should be able to make a meal out of spector if we can keep him from getting doubled. parker is in excellent form and hitzsperger is fit. its going to be a tough game. we'll definitely have to make sure to close parker and hitzlsperger down around the edge of the box as both have proven to hit big shots from outside.

im excited for another day with sandro, who i've got to admit, is starting to reminds me of marouane fellaini.

i hope corluka is fit, i think he could own piquionne. bae should have a tough matchup against demba ba on the wing. ba looks very dangerous, rangy and athletic and i wish we had him on our team!

the midfield combo of vdv, bale, lennon, and modric supporting a resurgent defoe should let us beat them with speed and flair. we can go to crouch late if need be.

looking forward to it and hope that we can take advantage of this opportunity.

#38 Guest_Alex.FC_*

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:44

Hope you will be singing like this after todays match smile.gif Tottenham Fans singing in Milan after 1-0

#39 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:56

TEAM v West Ham: Gomes; Corluka, Gallas, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Sandro, Modric, Bale; Van der Vaart; Defoe.

#40 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:57

SUBS v West Ham: Pletikosa, Bassong, Hutton, Jenas, Kranjcar, Crouch, Pavlyuchenko.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users