Planet Spurs Forums: Wigan Athletic 0-0 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Wigan Athletic 0-0 Tottenham Hotspur Saturday 2 April, KO: 15:00 GMT, DW Stadium

#21 Guest_EuanW_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 April 2011 - 19:44

More likely to save Lennon, who is struggling with a small injury. No way Lennon starts, I reckon.

Sandro meanwhile, is young pup full of vim and vigour, and the more he plays for us, the better.

#22 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 01 April 2011 - 20:41

I think Lennon will play, for his pace. Tore Wigan to shreds last year.

We've had a long enough break so everyone (bar the wounded) should be pretty fresh - agree with Chris though, personally I think he'll leave Sandro as he'll have a massive job to do on Tuesday. Could be wrong though. Think he might go for the poise of Hudd or JJ to try and open them up.

And yep, I realise i'm going to get pinned for saying Jenas has 'poise'! wink1.gif

#23 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:28

QUOTE (Vinny @ Apr 1 2011, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Lennon will play, for his pace. Tore Wigan to shreds last year.

We've had a long enough break so everyone (bar the wounded) should be pretty fresh - agree with Chris though, personally I think he'll leave Sandro as he'll have a massive job to do on Tuesday. Could be wrong though. Think he might go for the poise of Hudd or JJ to try and open them up.

And yep, I realise i'm going to get pinned for saying Jenas has 'poise'! wink1.gif

No, exactly the right time to use squad players and Jenas is a usefull squad member so its a fair call.

Unless of course if we lose, then Harry will be a moron for picking him wink1.gif

Anyone think Harry might go with Sandro & Wilson in Madrid?

#24 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:42

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Apr 2 2011, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, exactly the right time to use squad players and Jenas is a usefull squad member so its a fair call.

Unless of course if we lose, then Harry will be a moron for picking him wink1.gif

Anyone think Harry might go with Sandro & Wilson in Madrid?

I think Wilson's still out following that op, isn't he? If not, I reckon he'd quite possibly go with that after it worked so well in Milan

#25 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:10

Don't get me wrong, hope Lennon can play, but he pulled out of England squad with an injury and is a doubt for today. You think Harry will risk him when he could be invaluable away from home against Madrid ?

Personally, I think the Wigan game is more important, but I doubt Harry sees it that way...

#26 Guest_Lijien_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:13

looks like a 4-3-3

Gomes; Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto; Van der Vaart, Jenas, Sandro, Modric; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko

#27 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:21

QUOTE (Lijien @ Apr 2 2011, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks like a 4-3-3

Gomes; Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto; Van der Vaart, Jenas, Sandro, Modric; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko

think thats 4-4-2 with vdv on the right and modric on the left?

#28 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:31

subs - Cudicini, Rose, Huddlestone, Kranjcar, Lennon, Pienaar, Crouch.

#29 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:31

4-4-2, VDV on the right.

Exactly what I thought, except with Modric out left and Jenas in. Sandro doesn't need rested, he's a young lad who will keep improving the more times we play him. Looks like Lennon couldn't be risked in Harry's eyes, unless we are losing......

#30 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:43

I'd rather see us keep Modric in the centre with Sandro tbh and have JJ on the right and VDV left not going to happen though i feel

#31 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:44

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...amp;part=sports

#32 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:45

What channel you going with today, Darren ?

I'm on the YES channel currently.......

I like it the way it'll be, Darren. Modric is fine for us at LM, as is VDV at RM. Never liked JJ at RM. Modders first good form for us came at LM. VDV was good at RM, away to Blackburn.

#33 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:46

i usually watch on yes

#34 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:47

QUOTE (EuanW @ Apr 2 2011, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What channel you going with today, Darren ?

I'm on the YES channel currently.......

same channel mate!

anyone heard the rumour that THudd starts in place of Dawson apparently injured in warm up

#35 Guest_obi_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:48

QUOTE (stoxy1 @ Apr 2 2011, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
think thats 4-4-2 with vdv on the right and modric on the left?

yep, i think the same.

feel that we might be in for some problems without the speed of bale&lennon. even thought we have lot of creative talent on pitch that dosen't count for much if the chances created are not converted into goals, like we have seen painfully often this season.

hutton would have welcomed into this team i think. i can see us playing too narrow, making it "easy" for them to overcrowd the middle. not often i feel this pessimistic...

#36 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:48

Emm, no !

FOR f*** SAKE !!!!

Our medical unit and sports science needs a MASSIVE upgrade, the injuries this season are unacceptable.

#37 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:50

QUOTE (EuanW @ Apr 2 2011, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Emm, no !

FOR f*** SAKE !!!!

Our medical unit and sports science needs a MASSIVE upgrade, the injuries this season are unacceptable.

don't worry mate in was just a knob thought it would be funny to try and play a late aprils fools joke

#38 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:52

Haha, fair enough!

I dont take back what I said about our medical unit, strength conditioning etc. I think Harry's been spread too thin by being left in charge, and these areas have slipped. We need an entire overhaul of the medical unit, strength and conditioning, sports science and how it relates to all forms of training etc etc.

Reminds me of the Francis Gross era where all forms of the above were completely outdated, and we had massive injury problems

#39 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:53

Alright lads!! Is that the correct line up above?? I'm Channel Yes all the way, tho it thas not been so good this season tbh!! Looks like it's gonna be the way to got today!! Anyone got any others, just in case it does go down??

#40 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 13:54

The music on channel YES is doing my head in...

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users