Planet Spurs Forums: Wigan Athletic 0-0 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Wigan Athletic 0-0 Tottenham Hotspur Saturday 2 April, KO: 15:00 GMT, DW Stadium

#81 Guest_solidsquare_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 April 2011 - 15:43

So poor from our boys .........again

#82 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 15:46

We don't deserve Niko getting us out of jail again.........

#83 Guest_Spurious_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 15:46

Glad Niko's getting a shout, but he looks slooooow.

#84 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 15:52

Dear God,

We don't talk that often, cause you know... you're quite busy. But could you please give Spurs a miracle so they clinch 4th?

Cheers,

The Tottenham Faithful

laugh.gif

#85 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 15:56

no passion!

#86 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 15:58

Well, unless Man City lose this weekend, its over folks, we ain't getting fourth, end of.

#87 Guest_c411um_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 15:59

Absolutely f***ing awful performance for the fourth game in a row. No way is a team that can only manage three points from four relegation candidates coming fourth.

#88 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Shocking to say the least!! Why oh why play Jenas, and why leave him on and bring VDV and Defoe off before him?? Got to say I think unless City lose tomorrow thats it for us in terms of fourth now!! Sandro played well, Pav was ok and so was Modric, the rest didn't turn up!!

#89 Guest_solidsquare_*

Well at least Liverpoor lost. Now for Sunderland to do us a favour

#90 Guest_Robspur85_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 16:00

Well another predictable scoreline chaps.

According to pinocchio Thompson on GSS it was all Wigan and they should have nicked it?!

Either way that result could cost us 4th spot and you can bet that on the coach on the way home they're all talking about Madrid!!

w***ers!

#91 Guest_dannymc_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 16:00

poor showing,lucky to get a point,never seen a spurs side create so little in a very long while,our man of the match for me was bassong,the only positive to come out of the game,as far as our showing it was like watching paint dry !!! angry2.gif wtf.gif

#92 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2011 - 16:03

We just failed to beat Wigan!! Of the teams we have left to play this season there is Liverpool, Arenal, Man City and Chelsea!! We are either gonna do the unthinkable or slide down the table!! Lets just hope what everyone says about us is true, that we turn up for the big games!! Cos if we continue to play like we did today we will end up 6th or worse!!

#93 Guest_Lijien_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 16:04

disappointing.. would have liked to see niko come on for JJ at the end there.. but really much earlier. We really have no forwards that striker any fear right now.. Modric needs to shoot more.. I thought pav did well, tracked back got the ball started some good movement.. VDV looks lost when Crouch isn't on.. just not a great performance again to a regulation team

#94 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 16:05

Our defence was alright, although...

Ekotto looked like he couldn't give a s***.
Jenas completely ineffectual
Modric and Corluka looked tired from internationals. Modric hasn't been playing well since returning from injury.
Defoe might as well have not played.
VDV was good when he had the ball, but he wasn't influencing anything
Crouch is just one dimensional
Lennon should've been on earlier
As should Niko, who Harry seems to like taking the p!ss out of.

Substitutions were bad, and there was little to no intensity. 3 points from 12 against Blackpool, Wolves, West Ham and Wigan is completely unacceptable.

Sandro was an absolute beast, and head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. He was tackling people left, right and centre, making countless runs up the right hand side and through the middle. He was basically imperious, and one of our few players with a combative/slightly nasty streak.

#95 Guest_Lijien_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 16:07

I thought charlie look pretty good, kept possession, jumped up further in attack then i think i ever remembering him before, and seemed to be the only one giving us any width..

#96 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 16:09

QUOTE (dannymc @ Apr 2 2011, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
poor showing,lucky to get a point,never seen a spurs side create so little in a very long while,our man of the match for me was bassong,the only positive to come out of the game,as far as our showing it was like watching paint dry !!! angry2.gif wtf.gif

wtf.gif

Bassong ? only positive ? did you notice Sandro playing ? The guy literally stood out like a diamond in a pile of s***e !!!

I'd say Bassong was maybe our fifth-sixth best player behind Sandro, Pav, Dawson, Gomes, Corluka

#97 Guest_c411um_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 16:15

Couldn't score in 180+ minutes of football against a team bottom of the league both times we played them.

Yes Sandra was our best player again by a country mile

#98 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2011 - 16:22

Didn't watch the match but apparently I didn't miss anything

#99 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 02 April 2011 - 16:27

Has anyone else faced the reality that we have been pretty much not very good for the WHOLE domestic season ?

I'm not one to go overboard and start cussing everything left right and centre, but we have basically won no more than 2-3 games comfortably in the league and have relied on late comebacks, narrow wins, luck and bad refereeing which has hurt our opposition more than us. The rest has been one or two good draws ( Man Utd, emm ?), disappointing draws where we should've won, and various types of losses.

s*** in the FA Cup
s*** in the League Cup

One way of looking at it is that we are under performing even more than our league position suggests, albeit with bad injuries for most of the season. I don't like being negative, but if anyone can disprove the above please go ahead.

#100 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2011 - 16:29

QUOTE (EuanW @ Apr 2 2011, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone else faced the reality that we have been pretty much not very good for the WHOLE domestic season ?

I'm not one to go overboard and start cussing everything left right and centre, but we have basically won no more than 2-3 games comfortably and have relied on late comebacks, narrow wins, luck and bad refereeing which has hurt our opposition more than us....

One way of looking at it is that we are under performing even more than our league position suggests, albeit with bad injuries for most of the season.

My dad said this a couple months back that we seem to win more by luck than playing well, disgusted by the team right now tbh

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users