Planet Spurs Forums: UEFA Champions League (Quarter Finals): Real Madrid 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

UEFA Champions League (Quarter Finals): Real Madrid 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur Tuesday 5 April, KO: 19:45 GMT, Estadio Santiago Bernabéu

#21 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:34

Re Talk sport Articale posted by Darren: Six subs?? WTF you gotta be kidding me!! I really hope Harry is talkin cr@p as per usual with regards to Gallas, we are gonna need that guy!! Good to hear Bale is "flying" hope he keeps his feet on the ground and is actually fit to play tomorrow!! COYS!!

#22 Guest_EuanW_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:10

Personally, I'm annoyed that Bale didn't play on Saturday, he was clearly fit.

#23 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 04 April 2011 - 17:06

QUOTE (EuanW @ Apr 4 2011, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I'm annoyed that Bale didn't play on Saturday, he was clearly fit.

If so, that is a very pertinent point. I have said for some time that finishing fourth is more important than progressing in the CL, unless the thing is actually won. Sure, the CL is great fun but if, as appears likely, we don't make it next year, then this season's adventure will have about as much long-term significance as Leeds' semi-final appearance in 2003.
Of course, it will look good on 'Arry's CV!

#24 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 04 April 2011 - 17:12

25 man squad - only six on the bench means 8 out, if i'm not mistaken! Is this a f***ing pisstake?!?!?! Our injury situation is an absolute joke, it cannot seriously just be down to bad luck can it?? And if Niko's got a bloody bruised foot, surely he can go on the bench? It's not like it's going to cause any more damage. Wonder if we're a bit too soft with some of these

#25 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 04 April 2011 - 17:13

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has confirmed Gareth Bale and William Gallas will be fit to face Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League.

Bale has been struggling with a hamstring problem which forced him to miss Saturday's goalless draw at Wigan.

The flying winger was included in the Spurs squad to travel to Madrid and Redknapp has revealed the Welshman is fit to face Jose Mourinho's troops.

Spurs have also been handed a boost with the news that central defender Gallas has taken part in training after a hamstring problem of his own.

Gallas missed the clash at Wigan and the Frenchman was rated doubtful for Tuesday's showdown at El Santiago Bernabeu.

However, the former Chelsea and Arsenal man has been able to take part in training on Monday and he could be available for Redknapp.

The news of Gallas' fitness will provide a welcome boost for Redknapp as he is already without Ledley King, Younes Kaboul and Jonathan Woodgate for the trip to the Spanish capital.

From SSN

#26 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 04 April 2011 - 17:55

Cristiano Ronaldo has been included in the Real Madrid squad for Tuesday's UEFA Champions League clash against Tottenham.

Former Manchester United star Ronaldo had been a major doubt for the first-leg of the quarter-final tie at the Bernabeu after picking up a hamstring injury against Atletico Madrid last month.

Real boss Jose Mourinho revealed earlier on Monday he might take a risk on Ronaldo's fitness and after the attacker came through training unscathed Mourinho has included Ronaldo in his 19-man squad to take on Spurs.

Triple boost
Also named in the squad are Brazil duo Kaka and Marcelo and Argentine winger Angel Di Maria who were all fitness doubts for the game.

Full-back Marcelo picked up a rib injury while on international duty, while Kaka has been absent since late February with a knee injury and Di Maria suffered a knock in the shock weekend defeat to Sporting Gijon.

Gonzalo Higuain has also been included in the squad after making a successful return from back surgery in the defeat to Sporting.

However, Karim Benzema is missing after the striker picked up a hamstring injury on international duty with France last week.

Midfield duo Fernando Gago and Pedro Leon are also missing through injury, while Raul Albiol and Sergio Canales have been left out of the squad.

From SSN

#27 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 04 April 2011 - 17:59

Nice one Darren nice1.gif - brilliant news about Bale and Gallas.

I know everyone's a bit miserable after our recent league performances (none more so than myself) - but this is what it's all about!! We've come an awful long way in the last couple of years and now we're taking on the best team in European football history! Proud as punch to be a Yid and let's hope we turn in a performance to be proud of tomorrow and get the result we're looking for - i've got every faith in the lads.

That said, will still be s***ting myself.

#28 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 04 April 2011 - 19:52

I can see the Smirnoff taking a proper caning tomorrow night. . .

I've got a few mates coming round mine tomorrow and I am very much looking forward to this match. Let's face it we have nothing to lose really. Most expect us to lose, Spurs fans included, and we do have a habit of not doing what were expected to do. . wink1.gif

As I said yesterday, I'll take a 2-1 loss now and that would give us a great chance at the Lane as I really don't think Real Madrid are all that brilliant. . Afterall it's not as if were playing Barcelona, they can wait until the next round. . nice1.gif

#29 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 04 April 2011 - 19:54

3-1 and I'll be quite happy. Away goal is vital.

#30 Guest_White_Hart_*

Posted 04 April 2011 - 22:46

Scary times my friends, but like others have pointed out, this is special ... These are times that should be relished and enjoyed to the max ..

Forget about where we sit in the league, forget about the fact we may not qualify for next seasons cl ... Just think about where we have come from and what we have done to get thus far ... Spurs as a team and it's supporters have become a name through out europe if not the world .. this is the qtrs .. this is 2011 ... this is a time to enjoy, no matter what the out come, even if we do go out, it's be some journey full of excitement ...

Not only that, we got further than them dirty gooners smile.gif

I'm gagging for tomoz .. I just wish it was being shown on SKY 3D ...

#31 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:50

Good points well made lads!! Lets forget about everything else for now and ENJOY this game to the max!!

I know it will be hard to, as we are all probably bricking it, I know I am, did not even sleep last nigh really!! But this is what we have dreamed of for a long time now so we should make the most of it. whatever may be, we are Spurs we are going to the Bernabeau and we are going to enjoy it,(From behind the sofa) so come on Harry, get em up fo this one and make the right decisions that I know you are capable of! Each and every player, give your all and believe that you can do this!! COYS!!!

We are Tottenham Super Tottenham from the Lane!!

So, how do we think we should line up for this one tonight?? Wiht the good news on Gallas and Bale I would go with this:

Gomes
Corluka Gallas Dawson BAE

Hudd Sandro
VDV Modric Bale

Crouch

Not sure if Hudd will play, but have a feeling he has been saved for this one??!! If not Lennon come in to what is more of a 4141. But I would hope we can line up as above!!! COYS!!! Yid army!!!

VDV

#32 User is offline   spursdub10 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:21

This is going to be one long day here in work.
Cannot wait for tonights game.

The team for tonight will probably be:

Gomes
Charlie- Gallas-Dawson-Bae
Lennon-Sandro-Modric-Bale
Crouch-VDV

I think Luka can be our star tonight. With all the talk of Bale and Lennons pacy performance v AC I hope Jose forgets about little Luka. I think he will see a lot of the ball tonight and hopefully he will shoot once he gets the chance.

#33 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:25

I agree with you about Luka he will shine and I also think and hope, because he wants to prov e a point that VDV will have a stormer.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#34 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:38

spursdub, reckon you have the team spot on! and as you say this is going to be a very long day!

#35 Guest_solidsquare_*

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:33

Can't wait but at the same time sh!tting myself rolleyes.gif

Think we will lose 2-1 but I'll be happy with that.

#36 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:56

The main thing is that we are still in the tie when the second leg arrives. The opening 20 mins are crucial...that was were Milan lost it; they did bugger all during the first half in Italy and only applied real pressure after the break. JM is a wily tactician...if we are aware of the above, so, obviously, is he and you can bet your life that Real will come out all guns blazing.

#37 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:23

We will be parking the bus for long periods of this match if not all of it.

If we lose by 1 goal it will be a result.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sandro and Hudd start this one with Modric on the bench coming on for VDV if he is in-effectual

#38 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 05 April 2011 - 13:41

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,2...6853567,00.html

Watching Spaniards pronounce Tottenham Hotspur is great entertainment laugh.gif

#39 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 05 April 2011 - 15:44

Yep PnR, thats it, I feel Harry has a very big decision to make if Hudd is available!! It would mean leaving out one of VDV, Modric, Bale or Lennon!!?? Tbh, I would say Lennon should sit and then we also have an option off the bench to change the game if needs be!! But I feel Spurs Dub probably has the team right!! Hope not tho, Hudd and Sandro is the way to go I say!!

#40 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 05 April 2011 - 15:53

Let's all just try and enjoy and savour this very special Champions League quarter - final match against Real Madrid @ the Bernabeu. As games go, they really don't get much bigger than this. nice1.gif

The whole of the footballing world will be watching us tonight and I'm sure Harry and the boys will do us justice. I've got home from work early and the Smirnoff is chilling in the fridge ready for the game, I've got a couple of mates popping round and I am going to do my best to try and enjoy the game. I mean these sort of games don't come round every day of the week. cheers.gif Banana.gif

So let's all think positive thoughts and I really have a feeling we are going to progress to the Champions League semi-final and get past Real Madrid over the two legs. Even though we may lose by the odd goal tonight. We will have enough, I feel, to finish the job at White Hart Lane in a weeks time. praying.gif cheers.gif

So, COME ON YOU SPURS! crest.gif

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users