Planet Spurs Forums: UEFA Champions League (Quarter Finals): Real Madrid 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

UEFA Champions League (Quarter Finals): Real Madrid 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur Tuesday 5 April, KO: 19:45 GMT, Estadio Santiago Bernabéu

#261 Guest_Hotspur_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 April 2011 - 18:55

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ Apr 7 2011, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hotspur, thank you for your response.

i read every post on this board and can assure you that i know when you are quoting from your own material. you very much were and it is a dig directly at me.

i'm getting tired of you calling into question the loyalty of anybody who questions harry's performance (i.e. 'lunatics'). it's incendiary and disrespectful towards people who respect your point of view and don't call into question your own club loyalty over your seeming unflinching support of harry. not that i personally care what you think since it is your personal opinion, which to be clear, you have every right to, but when you start painting swaths of people in a negative light, it really pisses me off.

im done with this too, as long as you are, but i have a right to response as well if you take a swipe.

just to set the record straight, you absolutely did ask my help in clearing up facts over your recent spat with stephan and i publicly supported you. im just asking you to be consistent. thanks.

And you started this slanging match in public. .And that's why I responed in public!

You really are pathetic , vain and paranoid if you still think that my post was directed at you when I clearly explained it was NOT! So you are also calling me a Liar!

As for the other stuff you spout it really is beneath my commenting back at. . Your post though does prove you have a more personal problem with me than I first thought. . As for being consisitent, If only you were!

We'll all of this public dirty washing may make 'good public viewing'. But I am as bored of it now as I'm sure the others on here are. . rolleyes.gif

So I am ending it now and my posts on here for the Final Time.

Kevin, you are a paronoid mug and you can now deleate my membership as I no longer wish to be part of a forum that involves someone like you and your attitude towards me. You have called my integrity, posts and basic personality into question, when you have no right or real reason too. You've got way too big for your boots. It seems you can no longer have an opinion, that you don't like, or have a laugh. .. whilst your on here.

You've won . . Goodbye All. . wave.gif

#262 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 07 April 2011 - 18:57

QUOTE (EuanW @ Apr 7 2011, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with the pressure thing, although I think you placed far too much emphasis on it, in your breakdown of the game. Most of the paragraphs being on pre game quotes and mind games.

The fact remains that we lost a player with electric pace just before kick off, which in turn threw the balance of our whole midfield out. Bale on left with Lennon on right and good centre mid partnership all messed with.

Being down to ten men inside ten minutes, also decreased our chance of applying any pressure for spells of the game. With 11 men, and a target to aim for with both wingers in place, it makes things very different.

We wouldn't have won obviously, but I firmly believe a 3-1 reverse would've been easily attainable, with the second leg still looking competitive.

totally agree. maybe jenas would have been better switching to the right wing to man mark marcelo whilst releasing bale to attack ramos? modders has got to pair with sandro down the middle in a game of this magnitude! jenas is just not quality enough for the job!

#263 Guest_Ooooh Redondo_*

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:55

QUOTE (EuanW @ Apr 7 2011, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with the pressure thing, although I think you placed far too much emphasis on it, in your breakdown of the game. Most of the paragraphs being on pre game quotes and mind games.

The fact remains that we lost a player with electric pace just before kick off, which in turn threw the balance of our whole midfield out. Bale on left with Lennon on right and good centre mid partnership all messed with.

Being down to ten men inside ten minutes, also decreased our chance of applying any pressure for spells of the game. With 11 men, and a target to aim for with both wingers in place, it makes things very different.

We wouldn't have won obviously, but I firmly believe a 3-1 reverse would've been easily attainable, with the second leg still looking competitive.

I probably dug too much into it, however I think some of the comments and analysis were off the mark and it probably got your players carried away.

The injuries is a two way street. I feel your pain because since 2007/2008 we have not had our best 11 fit let alone have a run of games with our best 11.

Just saw Sky's best 11 of the round, I know it's a crappy media with crappy pundits talking crappy, but why is always their bias so evident? 4 Man Yoo players, how could anyone pick a player from that atrocious game at the Bridge is beyond belief. Dawson should be one of the centre halves by all means, he did have his fare share of mistakes but in the circumstances it was inevitable. And Shrek should not be there too.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_6856893,00.html

#264 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:58

QUOTE (Ooooh Redondo @ Apr 8 2011, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I probably dug too much into it, however I think some of the comments and analysis were off the mark and it probably got your players carried away.

The injuries is a two way street. I feel your pain because since 2007/2008 we have not had our best 11 fit let alone have a run of games with our best 11.

Just saw Sky's best 11 of the round, I know it's a crappy media with crappy pundits talking crappy, but why is always their bias so evident? 4 Man Yoo players, how could anyone pick a player from that atrocious game at the Bridge is beyond belief. Dawson should be one of the centre halves by all means, he did have his fare share of mistakes but in the circumstances it was inevitable. And Shrek should not be there too.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11096_6856893,00.html

You're definitely right about the bias. Van der Sar in goal, for me it should be Neuer. Cristiano Ronaldo had a rather quiet game I would've picked Özil over him. Schalke's Edu scored 2 very important goals yet is totally overlooked. Rooney didn't do that much but score that tap in. Rooney is massively overrated in England. He's nothing special, just a working horse who happens to score some goals. Average technique, average speed, average passing.

#265 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:05

Average Technique/ Passing - Rooney?? Lol, come on he might be a tw*t but his technique and passing is up there with the best!!

#266 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:08

QUOTE (special yid @ Apr 8 2011, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Average Technique/ Passing - Rooney?? Lol, come on he might be a tw*t but his technique and passing is up there with the best!!

Totally disagree. I don't blame you because it's the only thing you hear about him in England. But let's be honest, he is far from world class. No wonder there's never been any serious interest in him all this time he has been at Man Utd. Cristiano Ronaldo is world class, but Rooney...not a chance.

Sentiments in Europe are that players like Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Özil, Robben, Sneijder, Drogba, Fabregas and Ibrahimovic all rate higher than Rooney. Rooney is considered a good player but far from being world class.

#267 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:14

Stephan, it's not a case of what I've heard it's what I've seen with my own two eyes!! The goal against Citeh, springs to mind, that is TECHNIQUE at its best and some of the 40+ yard passes he pulls off are ubelievable!! Sorry mate, I hate the guy, but to say he has average technique an passing is laughable tbh!! I'd be surprised if anyone else would agree with your assesment there!!

#268 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:18

QUOTE (special yid @ Apr 8 2011, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stephan, it's not a case of what I've heard it's what I've seen with my own two eyes!! The goal against Citeh, springs to mind, that is TECHNIQUE at its best and some of the 40+ yard passes he pulls off are ubelievable!! Sorry mate, I hate the guy, but to say he has average technique an passing is laughable tbh!! I'd be surprised if anyone else would agree with your assesment there!!

No problem with you calling it laughable, suit yourself. Just know it makes you look a bit silly rather than it supports your point of view. I don't blast your opinion as ridiculous or by using any other negative wording.

The overhead kick was nice, but execution wasn't that great. It was clearly "a shinner". Can't compete with some of the best overhead kicks ever. But again, it's just an opinion. If your rate Rooney, you rate Rooney. Nothing wrong with that.

#269 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:57

A whole number of factors make a player, not just technique.

Rooney destroys all those you mentioned with work rate, desire, strength and an indomitable spirit. That is combined with having well above average levels of technique and shooting.

English may people overrate Rooney, but you are underrating him Stephan. I don't like him personally, but Rooney can be a one man wrecking crew on his day, and lifts those around him with his endless energy. He can galvanise an entire team, causing their performance to go up as a singular unit.

I love Ibra and Robben, but ask me which I'd rather have in a Spurs team and I'd take Rooney over them any day, because he's going to have a bigger impact on the team, and produce the goods far more often.

#270 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 April 2011 - 13:11

Sorry Stephan, perhaps laughable was not the right phrase to use, and it was not used to blast or undermine your point of view in any way!! But the fact is on reading that I actually did chuckle to myself!! Jenas is someone who I would say has average technique!! Rooney is on a whole different level and it is clear to see that his technique is way better than average!! Furthermore, if that overhead was a 'shinner" I must have missed something cos from where I was sitting that was top drawer stuff mate!!

Anyways, I fully appreciate that you dont rate Rooney in the high reguard that others such as myself do, it's just a differnce in opinion I guess. However, I do feel that if you asked any top manager in the game about Rooney, not one would say anything about his game is average!!??

#271 Guest_Ooooh Redondo_*

Posted 08 April 2011 - 14:04

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 8 2011, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're definitely right about the bias. Van der Sar in goal, for me it should be Neuer. Cristiano Ronaldo had a rather quiet game I would've picked Özil over him. Schalke's Edu scored 2 very important goals yet is totally overlooked. Rooney didn't do that much but score that tap in. Rooney is massively overrated in England. He's nothing special, just a working horse who happens to score some goals. Average technique, average speed, average passing.

Instead of Ronaldo there should be Alonso who was on his usual very high level, I don't think Ronaldo was anything special.
Özil didn't enter too much in the game, worked tirelessly but with no end product. Di María is a better option , combined workrate with effectivity and looked dangerous on both flanks.

Regarding Rooney, one of his major assets and reason the British appreciate him is because he can be quite the headless chicken. They would choose effort over quality, it's their way to see the game. Rooney is very inconsistent and has a poor first touch, his long pass is good and he improved a lot last season but when you watch him he always give the impression that something in his game is lacking. Also it takes him forever to hit form, he's fat and likes a pint or two, for a top player he goes way too often through long spells of playing very poorly.

I think he wanted to leave and it wasn't about money, he will look better if he is not surrounded by Carrick, Anderson, Fletcher and Gibson. I still think he will leave Man Yoo soon.

#272 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 08 April 2011 - 19:17

QUOTE (EuanW @ Apr 8 2011, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
English may people overrate Rooney, but you are underrating him Stephan. I don't like him personally, but Rooney can be a one man wrecking crew on his day, and lifts those around him with his endless energy. He can galvanise an entire team, causing their performance to go up as a singular unit.

totally agree. rooney is a class player. hes been extremely inconsistent this season but i think its been mostly down to his horrible personal life and the big time failure of england at the world cup. who wouldn't suffer as a result of being blamed for not stepping up to the occasion and then also getting caught cheating on your pregnant wife whilst you are a national icon and role model for kids everywhere? this season is just an aberration for him. next year, who knows, he'll probably be back to 30+ goals.

just to be clear: rooney is nobody that you would want your kid to be like in personal life. not that hes especially bad, but hes no role model. hes a vulgar conniving b@**erd that hacks people off the ball when he knows refs aren't watching. hes an opportunist and would dive if it helped him. hes got no class in that way, but hes a thieving b@**erd of a winner, like kevin garnett and isaiah thomas if i were to make NBA comparisons!

i mean, stephan, say what you will, perhaps you are seeing something i'm not, but rooney has excellent technique. he obviously can't hit a pass like xavi, but very few can! as euan mentioned, his intangibles are incredible- hes a warrior and a leader and inspires better performance out of everyone around him. his physicals are incredible. hes got great heading technique and aerial ability for a man of his size and a wicked shot. hes not as much a finesse shooter like robben, but he can still curl a ball pretty decently.

i'd take him in two seconds for spurs.

@redondo, maybe i missed this, but where are you from my man? and do you have an epl team that you support at all? if not, why not spurs? wink.gif i hope you stick around for awhile, its nice to have you on board. i watch a good amount of the primera but you seem to know it quite intimately.

#273 Guest_Ooooh Redondo_*

Posted 11 April 2011 - 21:46

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ Apr 8 2011, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@redondo, maybe i missed this, but where are you from my man? and do you have an epl team that you support at all? if not, why not spurs? wink.gif i hope you stick around for awhile, its nice to have you on board. i watch a good amount of the primera but you seem to know it quite intimately.

I'm from Arturo Soria, about 15 minutes from Bernabéu, had a drink with some Spurs fans in The Irish Corner on Arturo Soria before the game, I met Spurs fans before there, I would normally watch the PL in Irish or English pubs in Madrid and have some knowledge about the football culture in the country, plus I generally like the English culture and my sister is married and living in Richmond so I know a bit of London, been quite a few times to Loftus Rd but I can't say I support them, though I would normally look for their results and hope they do fine.

#274 Guest_El Pichichi_*

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:06

QUOTE (Ooooh Redondo @ Apr 11 2011, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm from Arturo Soria, about 15 minutes from Bernabéu, had a drink with some Spurs fans in The Irish Corner on Arturo Soria before the game, I met Spurs fans before there, I would normally watch the PL in Irish or English pubs in Madrid and have some knowledge about the football culture in the country, plus I generally like the English culture and my sister is married and living in Richmond so I know a bit of London, been quite a few times to Loftus Rd but I can't say I support them, though I would normally look for their results and hope they do fine.

I'm from Portazgo, Vallecas. Also pretty near the Bernabéu. Currently working abroad, not able to see any matches at home... Never been to London or any place in England.

Follow the Premier League for some time. Dislike Man United, Chelsea or Arsenal. Disliked Liverpool when Rafa was there. Like electric pace of football from Tottenham and West Ham (in past seasons, not really today). I also don't support any team, but i'm liking to see Tottenham do well and wanted west ham to stay in the Premier League. Don't really care about other teams.

#275 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:12

QUOTE (El Pichichi @ Apr 12 2011, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dislike Man United, Chelsea or Arsenal. Disliked Liverpool when Rafa was there.

Well if you hate all our main Premiership rivals, the only choice is Spurs then my friend! Join us, you won't regret it, we even play in white which should suit your kit taste... grinny.gif cheers.gif

#276 Guest_El Pichichi_*

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:25

QUOTE (TommoSpur @ Apr 12 2011, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well if you hate all our main Premiership rivals, the only choice is Spurs then my friend! Join us, you won't regret it, we even play in white which should suit your kit taste... grinny.gif cheers.gif

grinny.gif
I had thought about it..but then, Bolton also wears white.. laugh.gif
But Tottenham woulda seem good choice, yes. Los Merengues, Los Blancos dancing.gif

Share this topic:

• 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users