Planet Spurs Forums: Tottenham Hotspur 3-2 Stoke City - Planet Spurs Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 3-2 Stoke City Saturday 9 April, KO: 15:00 GMT, White Hart Lane

#1 Guest_EuanW_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 April 2011 - 16:06

Our boys will look to pick themselves up, with a home game against Stoke at the weekend. The away fixture this season saw us pick up the three points, the talking point being Crouch's goal line clearance, whereby replays showed the ball to have gone over the line. With our luck having seemingly run out recently, the lads will have to overcome the disappointment of last night and fight like fury to turn things around.

Hopefully, Bale and Lennon will both make it, although the news might be worse with regards to Corluka. Is there a chance Kaboul could return in time to play at right back ? Will we show strength in character and turn our faltering season around ? Can we score goals ?

One thing is for sure, many of our players owe us a performance or two.....

#2 Guest_Lijien_*

Posted 06 April 2011 - 16:09

Must win, for the fans, for the team, for Harry, for Hope.. a loss here and i think everything will hit the s*** even more, i don't think a draw would help anyone either..

#3 Guest_Hotspur_*

Posted 06 April 2011 - 16:24

Stoke City wont make it easy for us and will be looking to add to our pain.

We need to win this for Harry, Daniel, Joe, Kevin, Clive, Tim, Les, the physios, the kit man, the tea lady, the players and each and every fan. . . . Nothing less than 3 points will do and that's a FACT! cheers.gif nice1.gif

#4 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 06 April 2011 - 16:50

3 points or bust. If we don't score all h*ll will break loose I reckon...

#5 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 06 April 2011 - 23:24

The reality is that although 4th is not out of the question we are in danger of not having European football at all next season. Financially this would hurt as i would expect us to do well in the Europa League.

We need to wake up, and we need to do it now.

We as fans need to remember the years of mediocre cr@p since 91 untill BMJ got us back into Europe with 1 League cup win, 1 league cup runners up and a couple of poor UEFA cup campaigns in between, at the very least we must secure 5th

At this very moment Bill Nicholsons words should be ringing out.

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low.
And we of Spurs have set our sights very high,
so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory".

Now is a test of how far this team can go, now is the time to make a stand.

#6 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:41

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Apr 7 2011, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The reality is that although 4th is not out of the question we are in danger of not having European football at all next season. Financially this would hurt as i would expect us to do well in the Europa League.

We need to wake up, and we need to do it now.

We as fans need to remember the years of mediocre cr@p since 91 untill BMJ got us back into Europe with 1 League cup win, 1 league cup runners up and a couple of poor UEFA cup campaigns in between, at the very least we must secure 5th

At this very moment Bill Nicholsons words should be ringing out.

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low.
And we of Spurs have set our sights very high,
so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory".

Now is a test of how far this team can go, now is the time to make a stand.

PnR, can you do the team talk on Saturday?? nice1.gif

#7 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:08

Well for me if we dont get the 3 points you can kiss goodbye to 4th spot.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#8 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:11

City travel to liverpool this weekend i think, so liverpool could do us a favour. BUT it will only be a favour if we bloody win this game. We have been shocking in the league recently and I dont know what to expect from this team.

#9 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 07 April 2011 - 23:42

QUOTE (ChrisPienaar @ Apr 7 2011, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
City travel to liverpool this weekend i think, so liverpool could do us a favour. BUT it will only be a favour if we bloody win this game. We have been shocking in the league recently and I dont know what to expect from this team.

yea if we lose, liverpool will be breathing down our neck for 5th!

#10 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 08 April 2011 - 00:19

i will happliy eat my words but i think we are shot ducks.

Our team is disjointed, clueless and our players are simply badly out of form. I can t see a win here and frankly the only wins we wil get for the remaining 6 or 7 games will be when the opposion lie down or we get a heavy dose of luck our way.

we wont get fourth or fifth and will probably only just hold on to sixth.

I have zero optimism and zero interest. The last 5 performances have finished me for the season. Bring on next year with some new faces.

wave.gif wave.gif

#11 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 08 April 2011 - 00:22

It might sound weird but if some of our boys got a kicking from one of the usual Stoke suspects which leads to a massive bust-up it might spark something in the team and will kick some adrenaline back into the lads. We need a never say die attitude more than ever and some heated moments between both sets of players could just be the catalyst for some much needed spirit in our camp.

#12 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:23

For me, Harry needs to change it up a bit now, lets go 433 and start closing down higher up the pitch!!

Not sure on injurys especially at RB, but I would hope we line up something like this:

Gomes

Kaboul Dawson Basson BAE

Sandro
Modric Hudd

VDV Pav Bale

#13 Guest_Crazy Yiddo_*

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:59

4-3-3 would be interesting but I'm not sure now is a good time to start formation experiements!

Something does have to change though...we haven't scored a goal since the Milan away leg :O

#14 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:10

Exactly!! We have to change something or I guarantee you we will at best draw with Stoke!! We need to think of this as a fresh start and the next eight games is a chance to do something special!! Just think, from now to the end of the season, we could beat Arsenal, Chelsea, Citeh, Real Madrid and Barcelona!! Lol, a bit far fetched perhaps, but you get my point!! Lets make it an epic season after all!!

#15 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:23

Less than 2 hours to kick off and there hasnt been a comment since over 24 hours ago. I think thats a first! Everyone is probably still feeling down over the last few games. We need a win more than ever today to lift the spirits of the players more than anything. Its come to the point where Im not even interested in the performance just a matter of getting 3 vital points. Hope to see Crouch and VDV up front and I may get my wish as crouch is suspended for Wednesday. LETS JUST F***ING WIN THIS GAME, OK? COYS

#16 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:43

Think Crouch is out 'ill'... rolleyes.gif
Not sure I'll watch this match, it's nice outside and a Stoke fixture won't be an attractive spectacle.
Spurs can't score goals, the Potters are good at defending.
Spurs have wound me up something rotten recently! I hope by avoiding the game they will surprise me... crest.gif

#17 Guest_obi_*

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:50

would be delighted to see 4-3-3, hudd can hopefully bring something new to the team. kaboul could also add some of that lot missed energy and aggression.

gomes
kaboul-daws-gallas-bale
sandro
hudd - modric
lennon -pav- vdv

kaboul and bale bombing forward with two of the three mid fielders staying below the ball giving some protection againts the counter attack. vdv and lennon changing sides and cutting in every ones and while

don't expect to see this. expecting very thigh match where we once again see our team struggling to score...

#18 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 09 April 2011 - 13:28

TEAM v Stoke - Gomes; Corluka, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Van der Vaart, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale; Crouch, Pavlyuchenko.

#19 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 09 April 2011 - 13:29

SUBS v Stoke: Cudicini, Bassong, Gallas, Jenas, Rose, Sandro, Defoe.

#20 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 09 April 2011 - 13:29

STOKE TEAM: Begovic; Wilkinson, Shawcross, Huth, Wilson; Pennant, Delap, Whelan, Etherington; Jones, Walters.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users