Planet Spurs Forums: UEFA Champions League (Quarter Finals): Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Real Madrid - Planet Spurs Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

UEFA Champions League (Quarter Finals): Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Real Madrid Wednesday 13 April, KO: 19:45 GMT, White Hart Lane

#1 Guest_Stephan_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 April 2011 - 19:19

After last week's thrashing at the Santiago Bernabéu chances that we will progress in the Champions League look very slim. Nevertheless a glorious fixture awaits the players and supporters at The Lane on Wednesday.

Real Madrid will be without Pepe due to suspension. Spurs will miss Peter Crouch after his 2 yellows in the away leg.

#2 Guest_solidsquare_*

Posted 10 April 2011 - 22:50

If we could get 2 in the first half I'll be sh!tting myself lol. Still it will be a cracking European night at The Lane.

#3 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 11 April 2011 - 00:07

We are going to qualify 100%! Let the comeback kings show what were made of biggrin.gif

#4 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:50

Stranger things have happened, so who knows!! I am just hoping we give a good account of ourselves this time around and play without fear!! If we can get an early goal, it's game on!!

#5 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:08

4-0 win... win 8-7 on penalties with gomes to score the last smile.gif

#6 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:13

QUOTE (stoxy1 @ Apr 11 2011, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If that happens I'll fly over to your place with a couple of lagers to get absolutely smashed and celebrate the most glorious victory in football history! laugh.gif

#7 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 11 April 2011 - 13:56

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 11 2011, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that happens I'll fly over to your place with a couple of lagers to get absolutely smashed and celebrate the most glorious victory in football history! laugh.gif

better book your flights stephan.... you heard it here first remember tongue.gif

#8 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 11 April 2011 - 17:38

Its a shame that this match isn't going to be what it should have been.

Gung-ho from the start and a ref that hates Jose would help

#9 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 11 April 2011 - 18:28

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Apr 11 2011, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its a shame that this match isn't going to be what it should have been.

Gung-ho from the start and a ref that hates Jose would help

agree!! 3 up top from kick off ... bale lennon pushing right up alongside pav in the center

modric & vdv in behind with sandro & thudd kicking lumps out of em if they try to get out of thier own half grinny.gif

what the h*ll.. nothing to lose... i think we'll go out on a high winning 5-2 shock.gif & jose in the aftermatch interview revealing he's our manager next year wtf.gif getyacoat.gif

#10 Guest_Lijien_*

Posted 11 April 2011 - 18:35

lol OGY

Honestly not sure how to line up

4-3-3 seems the best..

Bale -- Pav -- Lennon
Modric -- Hudd-- VDV
backline - who ever is healthy

very unbalanced but we need goals!! Really with out crouch i wouldn't mind no forwards and doing a spalletti 4-6-0 .. but i don't think harry has it in him to try it..

#11 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 11 April 2011 - 18:43

Think it'll be a boring 1-1 to be honest. They won't be pushing it and will park the bus first 30 minutes to get our hopes down. We'll probably score one after half time after which they'll push to quickly equalize to steady the game.

#12 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 11 April 2011 - 19:07

QUOTE (stoxy1 @ Apr 11 2011, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Judging by recent history...winning 4-0 is unlikely but not impossible, winning a penalty shoot-out IS impossible! grinny.gif
But seriously folks, give it a go for the first half, if, by then, we are not 2-0 ahead or better, abandon the venture and make appropriate substitutions to give some players useful experience whilst resting others for the crucial games ahead.

#13 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 11 April 2011 - 19:23

There's no way this will be a drab encounter. Our fans wont allow it, and neither will Spurs. 3-3 draw, or a 3-2 win for us, in what will be an enjoyable night for our fans, despite the first leg.

#14 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 11 April 2011 - 19:31

QUOTE (EuanW @ Apr 11 2011, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's no way this will be a drab encounter. Our fans wont allow it, and neither will Spurs. 3-3 draw, or a 3-2 win for us, in what will be an enjoyable night for our fans, despite the first leg.

Let an early goal in and it will be. Let 2 in and the ground will empty.

#15 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 11 April 2011 - 19:35

QUOTE (EuanW @ Apr 11 2011, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know we are not playing Cardiff City right? We might dictate some spells of the match but they have already shown they have too much class to let us have a real go at them. They will close us down in midfield quickly, making it virtually impossible to launch any fast paced counters without using the long ball.

#16 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 11 April 2011 - 19:58

Think your wrong Stephan, and don't understand the Cardiff reference at all. They would've beaten us anyway in Spain, but Lennon threw off our whole midfield and we had ten men for 80 mins !! The game on Wednesday has no pressure now, and it could be our swan song in the CL for some time. You know this is Spurs right ?

Also think PnR is wrong, I expect the whole ground to stay and sing all night, no matter the score.

#17 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 11 April 2011 - 19:59

All I know is that it's gona be a much better game to watch than that of the first leg!! And that Man Citeh are getin f**ked up, so could be doing it all again next year perhaps!! dancing.gif

#18 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 11 April 2011 - 20:00

I sure as h*ll wouldn't walk out if it was 4-0 again, Spurs in a CL QF??!!

#19 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 11 April 2011 - 21:59

I also think they will give us a chance at the start, by not closing us down quickly in our own half, and sitting back a bit. If we can make the best of that and get the place rocking, we could be good for a goal or two, with them being critically dangerous on the counter. Hence why I think it could be a high scoring draw, or a narrow win for someone.

#20 Guest_Ooooh Redondo_*

Posted 11 April 2011 - 22:22

We conceding 3 is impossible. 1 at most, if Marcelo start as a winger with Arbeloa on the left and Ronaldo up top we will congest the centre and won't allow you to breathe. Pepe missing means we won't be able to impose our high pressing football

----------Casillas-----------
Ramos-Albiol-Carvalho-Arbeloa
-----------Alonso------ ------
Özil--Khedira--Diarra--Marcelo
----------Ronaldo------------

If we start like this you should expect a very long and frustrating night.

I think Adebayor will start because he will be fired up for this one and in fairness he deserves to start after the 1st game
Probable formation

----------Casillas-----------
Arbeloa-Ramos-Carvalho-Marcelo
-----------Alonso---- --------
Özil--Khedira--Diarra--Ronaldo
----------Adebayor------------

According to Kaká his knee is better, Di María is tired, both won't start but may appear later on, Higuaín's not ready to play 2 games per week, he may come on as a sub later in the game too, Benz is going to be fit, for the sake of the fans that will attend the game and football itself I hope Benz play instead of Ade because Benz is in form and he's a spectacle.

I normally guess our starting 11 but this time I don't think anybody will guess the exact formation we are going to play. Attacking us will depend on our formation, in any case attacking us is very ambitious and dangerous. We have few players who need to prove a point due to the high 1st team competition, Spurs will need to make a case for themselves but this may backfire.

Getting obsessed with beating us will turn out to be a bad plan. I think Spurs' best shot is to sit back and wait for their moment on the counter. We will look to avoid injuries and getting tired so the last 20/30 minutes is when Spurs should try and win the game. Going for it right from the kick off is too dangerous.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users