Planet Spurs Forums: UEFA Champions League (Quarter Finals): Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Real Madrid - Planet Spurs Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

UEFA Champions League (Quarter Finals): Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Real Madrid Wednesday 13 April, KO: 19:45 GMT, White Hart Lane

#221 Guest_The Slikmeister_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 April 2011 - 19:47

We played well last night & although we couldnt manage a goal in either leg Im both proud & satisfied that we got as far as we did in this, our debut season in the CL.
Putting the rotten luck we endured in Madrid to one side in RM we came up against a side who punch well above our weight & I believe that even without Crouch's sending off we wouldnt have got through.
All the best to em the in the SF's.
Would just like to reiterate that I was alone in calling for Gomes to be dropped for last nights game.
As I said on Tues, the man has become a 'liability'. He consistantly f***s up big time in the big games.
Howlers away at Arsenal, Man Utd, Bolton & Wolves & at home to Chelsea. Getting sent off against Inter & making RM's job in putting us away in both games a mere formality.
Im believe its 50/50 now on us getting that 4th spot & which ever way it goes we need to ditch this clown asap once the season is over.
Rant over!
COYS!!!

#222 Guest_SpursYankeeDivision_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 April 2011 - 20:11

Thought the match was uplifting. It showed that all isn't lost and I'd agree with the 50/50 on nabbing 4th place. I'm not a big Pav fan and tonight reminded me why not. I think he puts himself in good positions and makes some good plays, but what he really needs to do is score that one goal. His job is to put up points on the board and in this he falls short unfortunately... I'm hoping Crouch is on a scoring spell or something and will start tallying up some goals for which the rest of the team seems to be working hard to provide.

And for Gomes grinny.gif ...hopefully he got his bi-weekly oops out of the way, because he can't do that from here on out...

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users