Planet Spurs Forums: Tottenham Hotspur 3-3 Arsenal - Planet Spurs Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 3-3 Arsenal Wednesday 20 April, KO: 19:45 GMT, White Hart Lane

#21 Guest_TommoSpur_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 17 April 2011 - 22:27

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ Apr 17 2011, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif water under the bridge my friend, water under the bridge... crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif

Unfortunately - as your post illustrates Kev - that water is a river of tears...

#22 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:22

QUOTE (TommoSpur @ Apr 17 2011, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think any of Eto'o, Hulk or Suarez would have been better Kev... rolleyes.gif Oh well!

i don't beleive for a minute that even Arry would pass up the chance to sign Eto'o

#23 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:57

QUOTE (1940Spursman8 @ Apr 17 2011, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a must win game for us I feel if we want to get that 4th place and again get
CL football again next season.We have got a good team and we have got no other
distractions now so we can just consentrate on the PL.I will forecast a win for the
mighty Spurs because the boys will be up for this game.With Bale--VdV--Crouch
and we are pretty solid at the back and if Lennon--Modric--and Hudd play I just
cannot see Arsenal beating us and on the plus side the Arse are playing today
Sunday whereas our boys will be fresh for Wednesday.So I see the Spurs
winning this game at least 3--1 and going level with Man.City.

1940Spursman8...coys////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// crest.gif Clapping.gif

Agree we do have freshness on our side, and we have I think more to play for, because I think that realistically even some Arse players think their chance of winning the league has no gone.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#24 Guest_Crazy Yiddo_*

Posted 18 April 2011 - 13:09

For the first time ever I think...I actually feel quite confident about Spurs winning this one. Arsenal are hardly in splendid form and coming to a raucous WHL crowd baying for Arsenal blood could be daunting for some of them.

Of course, Spurs being Spurs there's no way this game will be easy or a walkover. The one time there is an air of relative confident optimism before playing Arsenal could easily be the time we come out and get spanked.

Anyway, I know Harry will fire the lads up and remind them that they came from 2-0 down at the Emirates.

I predict 2-1 again. No Danny Rose wondergoals this time out but I fancy Crouch to bully those p!ss poor Arsenal CBs. van der Vaart to get back on the goal trail, Crouch 70th minute. Arsenal to score 78th minute then the longest 12+stoppage time minutes of my life...AGAIN!

#25 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2011 - 13:35

Well, it's another year and another chance to all but end Arsenals slim title hopes at the Lane!!

Hope for a win and if we can play to our potential it is well within us to beat em!! Lately Arsenal seem to be lacking that cutting edge and if you can negate Van Persie thats half the job done!! Disciplined defending is the key for us on Wednesday, as long as we keep our heads I think we have a great chance!!

My Team:

Gomes
Corluka Daws Gallas BAE

VDV Modric Hudd Bale

Pav Crouch

Bench: Cudicini, Kaboul, Bassong, Sandro Lennon, Defoe, Kranjcar

#26 Guest_Go Team_*

Posted 18 April 2011 - 15:33

QUOTE (Crazy Yiddo @ Apr 18 2011, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the first time ever I think...I actually feel quite confident about Spurs winning this one.

You had to go and say it!!

I'm hoping Arsenal have their annual strop on wednesday. Thet're not the most mature team in the world and I'm sure they'll feel robbed going out of the premiership title race to a last minute penalty. They're teh kind of team that play worse when they feel robbede not better so hopefully we get the rewards.

VDV could really do with a goal, and I think Hudd and Kaboul coming back could be just the boost we need to end the season with a run of wins.

#27 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 18 April 2011 - 16:31

I really think Kaboul should be starting at right back for this game, Charlie won't have the pace to keep up with their play in our third. Would love to see Sandro and Huddlestone in Centre but only one will be picked for CM. Crouch and Pav wasn't too bad against stoke the other day but I would go for this line up:

-Gomes-

-Kaboul-Gallas-Dawson-BAE-

Lennon- Huddlestone - Bale-

-Vdv - Modric-

- Crouch

#28 Guest_spursmojo_*

Posted 18 April 2011 - 20:19

never fear anyone at the lane boxing.gif

probable team

gomes

kaboul--dawson--gallas--bae

----vdv-hud--mod--

lennon------crouch------bale

subs - cudicini ,kranjcar,jj,bassong hutton,defoe,pav

the arse ass.gif will be smartin from the draw on sunday

COYS

#29 Guest_SpursYankeeDivision_*

Posted 18 April 2011 - 21:01

QUOTE (Go Team @ Apr 18 2011, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
VDV could really do with a goal, and I think Hudd and Kaboul coming back could be just the boost we need to end the season with a run of wins.

Agree. VDV is due for a goal for sure. With Hudd back in he'll set up some nice chances for everyone I'm sure...and if he's not totally fit we have Sandro on the bench! nice1.gif

#30 Guest_sussex yid_*

Posted 18 April 2011 - 21:37

I shall be there NUFF SAID.......and no i dont want to be in a film, i want to get f***ing pissed, Although Old grey has gone all corporate on me !!!

#31 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:45

QUOTE (SpursYankeeDivision @ Apr 18 2011, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree. VDV is due for a goal for sure. With Hudd back in he'll set up some nice chances for everyone I'm sure...and if he's not totally fit we have Sandro on the bench! nice1.gif

Dont know about VDV due a goal I think all our strikers are due several.!!!
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#32 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:38

VDV is due a goal and I am sure he will be fired up for this one!! He seems the sort of player who knows the fans want a big game from him on these sort of occasions and I think he will come up with the goodds, whils goading the Arse fans!! dancing.gif

Anyone been spying on there lot, are they confident or what??

#33 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:04

Read away.....

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.p...=2&t=124702

Also, if Man Utd win today, that will demoralise their players even more.

#34 Guest_FergoSpurs_*

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:50

In the first match this season... we were awful with one lone striker against them... absolutely awful. We went 2 nil down largely because we had no out ball and we could not release the pressure in our half.

Defoe coming on in the second half changed the game totally, he gave us pace and he gave us someone to aim at to deflect the attention from our wingers. IMO the 40 he played against the ar5e was his best of the season.

I know Defoe has been woefully out of form but if Arry starts "Big Crouchy" i think it will only serve to confirm that his love in with the big man outweighs any sense of tactics he may possess (although that sense of tactics also seems to have been lacking in recent games).

I hate to say it but I also think VdV (while one of our players of the season) has looked half a pace short of fitness/form for the last few games. If they are fit, I would start.

Gomes

Kaboul Dawson Gallas (or whoever is fit) BAE

Lennon Huddlestone Modric Bale

Pavlyuchenko

Defoe

I'd have Crouch on the bench as a 60 -70 minute option. By my own logic, Pav was not good in the first match but he has looked much hungrier in recent games and been good at holding the ball up/laying it off and I would start him with Defoe. VdV can come on to change the shape if needs be.

I think we have to take the game to the ar5e with real pace on our own patch and I think playing two strikers and two out and out wingers would best allow us to do that.

#35 Guest_Foxy_*

Posted 19 April 2011 - 13:27

QUOTE (EuanW @ Apr 19 2011, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read away.....

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.p...=2&t=124702

Also, if Man Utd win today, that will demoralise their players even more.

Great Read, noone on that site genuinely seems to believe arsenal can beat us smile.gif
COYS

#36 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 19 April 2011 - 13:28

They clearly fear us at this point. We will need to control Wilshere since he's dangerous in the counter attack with his pace and passing. I think we should put Sandro on him since Hudd will get done for pace.

Think VDV could be vital since they will probably play a 4-3-3 which will leave them vulnerable to a man who plays between midfield and attack since their defensive midfielders Song, Denilson and Diaby are not up to the task of stopping VDV playing link-up with Bale, Modric, Lennon and our striker.

Kaboul is a talisman for us against The Scum so agree with starting him at right back.

My formation:

Gomes

Kaboul Dawson Gallas Assou-Ekotto

Sandro Modric

Lennon VDV Bale

Pav

#37 Guest_Foxy_*

Posted 19 April 2011 - 13:45

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 19 2011, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They clearly fear us at this point. We will need to control Wilshere since he's dangerous in the counter attack with his pace and passing. I think we should put Sandro on him since Hudd will get done for pace.

Think VDV could be vital since they will probably play a 4-3-3 which will leave them vulnerable to a man who plays between midfield and attack since their defensive midfielders Song, Denilson and Diaby are not up to the task of stopping VDV playing link-up with Bale, Modric, Lennon and our striker.

Kaboul is a talisman for us against The Scum so agree with starting him at right back.

My formation:

Gomes

Kaboul Dawson Gallas Assou-Ekotto

Sandro Modric

Lennon VDV Bale

Pav

Yeh i agree with that line up, think it's a risk not playing huddlestone cause he can be so important in some games but sandro will definately handle wilshire better, and pav over defoe cause defoe's been given too many chances already this season and i'm fed up of waiting for his form to come back.. and pav over crouch for obvious reasons..
I don't usually say it but come on united, do us a favour (for once) smile.gif

#38 Guest_Foxy_*

Posted 19 April 2011 - 14:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_7BNmzaIXk

#39 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 19 April 2011 - 14:33

Cheers for posting that Gooner forum up Euan, good read and a chuckle too, seeing as most of em are so depressed!! Lol

Also it shows once again just how much the gap has closed between them and us now!!

I am feeling very confident about this one today, will be bricking it tomorrow tho!!

Anyways, I'm off to go laugh at some more depressed goon fans comments!! hahahaha

#40 Guest_Crazy Yiddo_*

Posted 19 April 2011 - 14:51

God I f'ing hope we win tomorrow. It would be typical for us to be too confident. Though they haven't been on great form lately Arsenal will be a tough tough game.

I think Sandro in the middle is a good shout but then where do you fit Hudd and Mod? You can't drop either of them really. I think Sandro could be a key player, he's excellent at winning the ball and breaking up play. Then again is he ready for a NLD? We will see.

I'm undecided on the striking options. vdV on iffy form, strikers still about as useful as a brothel in the Vatican...

I think I'd go with JD since having the Crouch option will just reduce our football to midfield-bypassing hoofs. Maybe bring Crouch on late in the game to hold up the ball and cause problems. I don't fancy Squillaci and the other bloke would deal too well with Crouch.

Anyway...very excited. How lovely would it be to do the double over them!! Not to mention going level on points with City!

Hopefully we can have another blistering end to the season crest.gif crest.gif crest.gif

PS: Another match thread on a Gooner fansite: http://www.onlinearsenal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27168 - some more "interesting" opinions.

One of my Arsenal supporting mates posts on there and summed it up perfectly: "Dreading it. If I could help it, I wouldn't watch it. But it's like watching a horrid car crash... you know what's coming but you want to see how devastating it is anyway." hahaha!

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users