Planet Spurs Forums: Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 West Bromwich Albion - Planet Spurs Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 West Bromwich Albion Saturday 23 April, KO: 15:00 GMT, White Hart Lane

#1 Guest_Stephan_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 April 2011 - 14:27

Match tread for this weekend's clash with West Bromwich Albion at the Lane.

Latest news on Bale is that he is doubtful for Saturday's match. Harry Redknapp told the press that Bale took a knock on the knee in the collission with Szczesny last Wednesday and that the medical staff will be assessing his fitness closely before the game to see if he's fit enough to feature.

#2 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 22 April 2011 - 14:36

Same 11 we started with against Arse, keep that momentum going. As OGY pointed out, that side was easy to switch around depending how the match is going

Must win this against a better side since Hodgeson got hold of them

#3 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 22 April 2011 - 14:52

If Bale can't make it just play Azza on the left. He's not as bad there as people make out - he's more of a danger with his shooting, and his crossing is better as he takes a touch back and strikes the ball from a more stationary position.

#4 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 22 April 2011 - 14:54

This is another must win game and I think we will win as I think
the team will be up for it.I believe we will win this game 2--1
but Roy Hodgson has done small wonders since he took over
but locking horns with Harry I believe Harry will come out on top
on this one.

1940Spursman8...coys////////////////////////////////////////////////

#5 Guest_stoxy1_*

Posted 22 April 2011 - 15:48

can't wait for the game tomorrow, ill be at the lane for the first time since we drew with milan!

i too think we will win 2-1. and agree with euan that azza should play on the left apart from that keep the same line-up.

#6 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 22 April 2011 - 16:47

I've got a horrible feeling it'll be another edgy, scratchy affair like last year's game against Bolton in the run-in...
Think Hodgson's got them well drilled in defence now and it could be pretty frustrating viewing.
One goal in it, possibly another 1-0 job. I hope Big Tom's got another thunderbolt to drag the result out the fire like last time!

#7 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 22 April 2011 - 17:41

I would definitely make room for Sandro in the starting line-up, regardless of the fitness of Bale. If we go for this one from the start, all guns blazing, as I think we must, then I would be happier knowing that there was a steady defensive midfield cover in place to guard against the inevitable counter-attack to which we are often vunerable. If necessary, I would bench TH instead; he wasn't at his best the other night and we can't afford any slip-ups.
I would also like to see Defoe feature at some point, I suspect he will be desperate to make a mark having missed out the other night.

#8 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 22 April 2011 - 19:06

i like our chances against west brom better than a wolves- significantly less mugging intent...

isn't scharner on their team? we always seem to be able to clown him if i do recall...

haven't seen them lately however..does anyone know, how has the hodgson change affected their style of play?

keep pav and crouch up top if we can...those two can abuse centerbacks.

i really liked our substitutions midweek. pretty much every change harry made against the scum i was completely in agreement with. sandros introduction made our side markedly more efficient. we DOMINATED possession with him on the pitch. perhaps we should try him out in the middle with hudd and with modders on the left wing? if lennon is fit and bale not, it will be the wrong message to sent to keep aaron from starting for us...rarely a midfield connundrum these days right?

#9 Guest_spursk10_*

Posted 22 April 2011 - 19:11

Gomes
Corluka Dawson Kaboul BAE
Lennon Hudds Sandro Modric
VDV Crouch

Gallas is 33, not 23 so 2 games in 3 days may be too much for him.

#10 Guest_SpursYankeeDivision_*

Posted 22 April 2011 - 20:04

QUOTE (spursk10 @ Apr 22 2011, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gomes
Corluka Dawson Kaboul BAE
Lennon Hudds Sandro Modric
VDV Crouch

Gallas is 33, not 23 so 2 games in 3 days may be too much for him.

I see your point about Gallas. Kaboul sure seemed out of it on Tuesday though....I hope he'll get adjusted soon....he also seemed to gain some weight...as much as I was angry at Gallas for costing us that goal, I wouldn't be upset if he is fit and ready for West Brom.

#11 Guest_Gladiator_*

Posted 22 April 2011 - 21:41

Im glad im going to this one, will probably be my last game of this season.
I have dreadful luck at the moment, hopefully it will change tomorrow praying.gif

#12 Guest_dannymc_*

Posted 22 April 2011 - 22:58

i can see us winning this 3-1,would like to see sandro start,with crouch and pav up front,we are on 998 premier league goals at the moment,would be great if we get over the 1000 mark,and defoe coming off the bench to get his 100th goal!!!!! cheers.gif Clapping.gif crest.gif

#13 Guest_spursk10_*

Posted 22 April 2011 - 23:17

QUOTE (dannymc @ Apr 22 2011, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i can see us winning this 3-1,would like to see sandro start,with crouch and pav up front,we are on 998 premier league goals at the moment,would be great if we get over the 1000 mark,and defoe coming off the bench to get his 100th goal!!!!! cheers.gif Clapping.gif crest.gif

We need a big win.
Get a couple early goals from Crouch and VDV in the 1st half.
Bring Defoe and Kranjcar on in the 2nd half to score more goals.

#14 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 13:18

Same team i picked in the formation thread lol

-TEAM- Gomes; Kaboul, Gallas, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto; Van der Vaart, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko

-------------Gomes------------
Kaboul--Gallas--Dawson-BAE
--------THudd---Modric- ------
--VDV---------------------Bale
-----------Pav----Defoe------

#15 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 13:24

subs - Cudicini, Bassong, Jenas, Lennon, Pienaar, Sandro, Crouch

#16 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 13:26

Not sure how I feel about Bale starting. His injury looked pretty serious on Wednesday so I doubt he has fully recovered already.

#17 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 13:26

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...amp;part=sports

#18 Guest_Foxy_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 13:34

I'm always nervous when we don't have a defensive midfielder in the squad, Modric and Huddlestone are both capable of making tackles but modric should be more focused on attacking and Huddlestone can't always keep up with the quicker players like vela/odemwingie.. which means they get to our back line too often and with all due respect our backline can be cut open worryingly easy these days, to the point where a game in which we don't concede 3 is a rarity.. still less of the pessemism COYS! 2-0 praying.gif

#19 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 13:48

Bale's a precious flower, another player might not have gone off at all during the week. He'll be fine today, I'm more worried about his inability to play through knocks etc, this has been an issue of his that has been documented more than once ie he's a bit of a pussy

Undecided whether I want to watch this game or not, dont know if I can hack the tension, would almost rather just check at 5pm to see how it went !

#20 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 13:52

YES channel working for anyone ?

Still offline for me............

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users