Planet Spurs Forums: Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 West Bromwich Albion - Planet Spurs Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 West Bromwich Albion Saturday 23 April, KO: 15:00 GMT, White Hart Lane

#221 Guest_Stephan_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:26

Van Bommel is just better than Parker hands down. The man has vast experience at the top level having played for Barcelona, Bayern Munich and AC Milan. Mind you, he could come on a free since he only signed for 1 season at AC Milan. He can either extend his contract there or move on, simple as that.

Van Bommel's skill set is most similar to Huddlestone's in terms of vision and passing. So he will bring extra distribution to central midfield if you play him along Sandro who's more a guy for the short passing game and the box-to-box stuff.

It's a no brainer for me...

Vast top level experience + free transfer

vs

Late bloomer with 0 top level experience + ridiculous transfer fee

What's your pick?

Add to that Van Bommel always expressed his fondness of Tottenham. He never talked about any other English team than us. He was quoted many times that the best stadium he ever played in in terms of atmosphere was White Hart Lane during a Holland v England friendly. He was very keen to move to us but AC Milan were simly quicker than us to pull the trigger. The fact he only signed for the 2010-2011 season indicates he still wants to keep his options open at the end of the season.

#222 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:31

100% agree on the Van Bommel thing, also being dutch he could work well with VDV and create more fluidity in the team. Ive always loved the way the dutch play and they were very unlucky not to win the world cup. The more dutch players we can sign the better.

#223 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 13:27

QUOTE (ChrisPienaar @ Apr 27 2011, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
100% agree on the Van Bommel thing, also being dutch he could work well with VDV and create more fluidity in the team. Ive always loved the way the dutch play and they were very unlucky not to win the world cup. The more dutch players we can sign the better.

You've hit the nail on the head..................he's dutch.

WEATHER WARNING!!!!!

Orange mist descending over Tottenham, visibillity is down to the end of your nose.

#224 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 13:38

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Apr 27 2011, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've hit the nail on the head..................he's dutch.

WEATHER WARNING!!!!!

Orange mist descending over Tottenham, visibillity is down to the end of your nose.

Buy British! Buy Parker & Cole!

lmao.gif

Do you really think the only reason I rate Van Bommel over Parker is because he's Dutch? I'd buy players like Sturridge, Adam Johnson or Joe Hart in a heartbeat mate, don't you worry. It's just that Parker is massively overrated by English tabloid press. Fact he is still at West Ham after 2 dire seasons fighting relegation speaks volumes, no one is confident enough to sign him for a bigger team.

#225 Guest_Lijien_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 14:45

i would pick vanbommel for the experience he brings, we have young/mid age talent in those spots already, so an older guy with the knowledge he has, that rotates in should be move here.

#226 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 14:59

You can have this one Ewan lmao.gif

#227 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 15:06

I'd take either one of them to be honest,if Wilson and Jermaine were to leave. We have room to bring one in for those two going out. Both players have tons of qualities we lack

van Bommel has the big time experience, Parker has his natural characteristics and is proven in being able to run box to box for 90 mins in a PL game.

I'd worry about van Bommels legs a bit.

I was, and still am, up for either of these names when they were banded about in January !

#228 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 15:13

id' take either but if westham are just going to give us the run around to satisfy their little game of cowboys and indians in the press, then f*** them, i'll gladly take van bommel on a free.

my biggest hope is that parker publicly rips west ham for holding on to him. my main worry is that harry will pay top dollar to the spammers as he is one of their secret acolytes.

parker does have a better command of the english language. then again, that buy english is exactly the reason i've been wary of harry lately...

#229 Guest_ParkLaneSpur_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 15:36

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...s-West-Ham.html

This is precisely the reason why if Scott Parker is available then we should snap him up in a heartbeat.
How many players in our current set-up could you imagine doing this?
I have seen people championing Phil Neville in another thread for his leadership qualities, well Parker would be a much better purchase as he has exactly the same captain attributes and is an all-round better footballer.

#230 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 15:46

i think we need another central midfielder like a hole in the fecking head! i'd be mortified if we where going to pay upwards of 10mil for an over 30's player & van bommel of 4/5 years ago yeah but not now!!..

if we want a pikey central mid go & buy jack collison & pair him with sandro behind luka

#231 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 15:55

QUOTE (ParkLaneSpur @ Apr 27 2011, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...s-West-Ham.html

This is precisely the reason why if Scott Parker is available then we should snap him up in a heartbeat.
How many players in our current set-up could you imagine doing this?
I have seen people championing Phil Neville in another thread for his leadership qualities, well Parker would be a much better purchase as he has exactly the same captain attributes and is an all-round better footballer.

You get it for sure, ParkLane. Nice link, and exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about ! nice1.gif

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users