Planet Spurs Forums: Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 West Bromwich Albion - Planet Spurs Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 West Bromwich Albion Saturday 23 April, KO: 15:00 GMT, White Hart Lane

#41 Guest_Raj_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:27

yesss

#42 Guest_Darren_*

YES CLASS

#43 Guest_Spurious_*

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 23 2011, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Defoe is already writing his transfer request in his head. Did you see how half-arsed he went into that challenge around the half way line? Unacceptable.

Didn't seem to be overdoing the celebration with Pav, either.

#44 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:28

f***ing get in PAV

he's deserved that this past month !

#45 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:28

Haha sorry, im watching it on tv on AD sports, think its a dubai based company that we get in Gibraltar. Will try to keep quiet about goals for a couple of mins after biggrin.gif

#46 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:29

just knew he was getting one today !

#47 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:29

QUOTE (Spurious @ Apr 23 2011, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't seem to be overdoing the celebration with Pav, either.

Exactly. In my opinion Defoe doesn't even deserve a place on the bench. He's been so woeful and showed absolutely nothing since the Wolves away game that proves he's worthy to wear the lillywhite shirt.

#48 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:30

good effort

#49 Guest_Spurious_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:31

Runs around a lot. Maybe he should take up track or cross-country running.

I mean Defoe, of course.

#50 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:31

wore my new top during the Madrid games, switched back to the 08/09 midweek, went with the new one today then took it off for the 08/09 2 mins before the goal went in.....

I think the new one is cursed !

damn my superstitions

#51 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:33

greeat play modric

#52 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:38

Does anyone else feel we sometimes overcomplicate our play?

We play a lot of these long passes over the full width a lot, which are quite easy to intercept given the opponent is well positioned. I'd rather like to see us play a more short passing game at times. We take too many liberties in midfield and when we lose it it has often cost us goals this season.

I don't know what it is but we just look shaky at time because of the fact we play a lot of risky passes in situations in which a short passing game could be more effective and less risky.

#53 Guest_Spurious_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:38

It's already been mentioned, but damn it's good to see Kaboul back out there!

I'm calling a goal for him from a set piece.

#54 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:39

If we don't win from here we don't deserve nothing.

West Brom have been ineffectual, we have complete control of the game.

#55 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:41

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 23 2011, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We play a lot of these long passes over the full width a lot, which are quite easy to intercept given the opponent is well positioned. I'd rather like to see us play a more short passing game at times. We take too many liberties in midfield and when we lose it it has often cost us goals this season.

I don't know what it is but we just look shaky at time because of the fact we play a lot of risky passes in situations in which a short passing game could be more effective and less risky.

Spot on, Modric is often guilty of trying to spread the play wide when there is no need to. At times these work to perfection but he does lose possesion as a result other times. We have quality midfielders so theres no reason we cant have patient build ups.

#56 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:41

QUOTE (EuanW @ Apr 23 2011, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we don't win from here we don't deserve nothing.

West Brom have been ineffectual, we have complete control of the game.

Complete control in terms of possession but not in terms of chances. All the low crosses thus far have resulted to 0 shots on goal. We create too little clear cut chances to claim we're totally dominant at the moment.

#57 Guest_Spurious_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:42

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 23 2011, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, but not a lot of our boys really have the nous for the quick-touch, flick-it-on stuff. Modric and VdV for sure, and (gulp) Defoe, but the rest of them like the long pass and the blistering run too much.

Is Harry the guy to insist they slow down and set up triangles, though?

Pre-emptive response for the Harry brigade, I think he's done a great job, just wondering if a little finesse is needed to get us to the next level.

#58 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:45

QUOTE (Spurious @ Apr 23 2011, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, but not a lot of our boys really have the nous for the quick-touch, flick-it-on stuff. Modric and VdV for sure, and (gulp) Defoe, but the rest of them like the long pass and the blistering run too much.

Is Harry the guy to insist they slow down and set up triangles, though?

Pre-emptive response for the Harry brigade, I think he's done a great job, just wondering if a little finesse is needed to get us to the next level.

Spot on about the triangles. Our midfielders operate too much as a line. They don't switch it up enough to create space between the opponent's midfield and defence. That's the way how Barça do it. Their midfielders are always making these triangles which are possible because of their excellent movement. I think we should train on that, both movement as one-touch technique.

#59 Guest_FergoSpurs_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:46

afternoon all - looks like another nail biter.

anybody got a good stream please. Thanks!

#60 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 23 April 2011 - 14:46

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 23 2011, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Complete control in terms of possession but not in terms of chances. All the low crosses thus far have resulted to 0 shots on goal. We create too little clear cut chances to claim we're totally dominant at the moment.

We are literally camped in their half, with all the time in the world to move it around, if we can't win from here we don't deserve fourth. I stand by what I said, we have complete control of the game, whether or not we've created more chances (which we have).

EDIT - Control and dominance are not exactly the same thing...

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users