• Group: Guests

Posted 25 April 2011 - 21:00

We'll be ok, Torres isn't due another one untill November nice1.gif

#3 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 25 April 2011 - 21:05

City just got a lucky 1-0 win over blackburn, 4 point gap and they play west ham at home this weekend. Chelsea going for a slim chance at the title and we are going for a slim chance at top 4. Unfortunately we now have to win this game unless West Ham do us a favour. We need to keep the gap to about 3 points by the time we play City so that that match actually has some meaning. We are now more in hope of City not winning than our own form. So we need to match Citys result this weekend as a minimum. Trying to keep hope alive but if City win this weekend and we dont then weve got no chance as opposed to the very slim chance we currently have.

#4 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 25 April 2011 - 21:11

A couple of weeks ago a draw in this game would have been a good result... not anymore!

#5 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 25 April 2011 - 21:16

QUOTE (ChrisPienaar @ Apr 25 2011, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We need to keep the gap to about 3 points by the time we play City so that that match actually has some meaning.

In my opinion you're wrong there since their goal difference is vastly superior to ours. Hence a 3 point gap is useless because with an equal total points tally they trump us on goal difference.

Only a 2 point gap before the City clash gives us any hope. They won't drop points against West Ham or Stoke and Bolton have nothing to play for in the last game of the season. Only hope of them dropping points is Everton. But we will have to win every game we play and I think there's a one in thousand chance that will be the case unfortunately.

#6 Guest_spursk10_*

Posted 25 April 2011 - 21:22

It's not about finishing 4th anymore.
If we don't start winning, Liverpool will finish above us.

#7 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2011 - 21:36

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 25 2011, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my opinion you're wrong there since their goal difference is vastly superior to ours. Hence a 3 point gap is useless because with an equal total points tally they trump us on goal difference.

Only a 2 point gap before the City clash gives us any hope. They won't drop points against West Ham or Stoke and Bolton have nothing to play for in the last game of the season. Only hope of them dropping points is Everton. But we will have to win every game we play and I think there's a one in thousand chance that will be the case unfortunately.

Meant 2 point gap, typo! apologies. Yes they do have a much bigger goal difference and with our scores of 2-1 or 3-2 even if we win its unlikely to improve our GD. So yes not including our match against them we need to get 12 points from 12 if they get 10, 10 if they get 8 etc. Thats including away matchs at Chelsea and a much improved Liverpool. Very very unlikely, going to need massive favours from Citys opponents as well as us actually winning a bloody match!

#8 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 25 April 2011 - 21:41

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 25 2011, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They won't drop points against West Ham or Stoke and Bolton have nothing to play for in the last game of the season.

They could well drop points against Bolton - they're no mugs, and Stoke should be a tough game for them IF it isn't a fix. This FA Cup fixture change business is a total farce...

#9 Guest_spursk10_*

Posted 25 April 2011 - 21:47

QUOTE (ChrisPienaar @ Apr 25 2011, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
City just got a lucky 1-0 win over blackburn, 4 point gap and they play west ham at home this weekend. Chelsea going for a slim chance at the title and we are going for a slim chance at top 4. Unfortunately we now have to win this game unless West Ham do us a favour. We need to keep the gap to about 3 points by the time we play City so that that match actually has some meaning. We are now more in hope of City not winning than our own form. So we need to match Citys result this weekend as a minimum. Trying to keep hope alive but if City win this weekend and we dont then weve got no chance as opposed to the very slim chance we currently have.

Very lucky win. Blackburn looks pretty comfortable at the back until Jones mis-hit the clearance.
The ball fell nicely for Dzeko to score. Barry committed a foul on Kalinic in the box. If Kalinic went down, the ref will award a PK. MC did everything they can to waste time.

#10 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 25 April 2011 - 21:53

Unfortunately we now have to win this game unless West Ham do us a favour.

Swap 'unless' for 'as well as'. Just can't see it, I'm afraid.

#11 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 26 April 2011 - 00:27

QUOTE (TommoSpur @ Apr 25 2011, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They could well drop points against Bolton - they're no mugs, and Stoke should be a tough game for them IF it isn't a fix. This FA Cup fixture change business is a total farce...

I know mate, Bolton are nice but don't forget it's the last fixture of the season and Bolton have nothing to play for any more.

The Stoke games in succession are very very dubious. Any deal could be made. City giving them Europa League football even if they win the FA Cup is a possibility I've heard.

#12 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 26 April 2011 - 14:39

This and 2ng leg of Real game is the most pessimistic I've gone into a game this season

#13 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 26 April 2011 - 14:43

We'll win if we play Bale and Lennon on the wings. But BAE is still injured? I would go for this formation:

-Gomes

-Charlie Daws Kaboul Bale-

-Lennon Sandro Huddlestone Modric-

-VDV Crouch-

#14 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 26 April 2011 - 16:03

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 26 2011, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Stoke games in succession are very very dubious. Any deal could be made. City giving them Europa League football even if they win the FA Cup is a possibility I've heard.

If City win the FA Cup Final as they should really do, then it is actually in Stoke's interest to lose the league game afterwards. I don't think they've even played in Europe since 1974!
This works because if City qualify for the Champions League, their Europa League place is handed to the cup runner-up.
Normally this anomaly wouldn't occur due to the fact the FA Cup Final is usually played after the Premiership's conclusion, but as the Wembley surface needs two weeks rest before this year's Champions League Final, that's the amount of time the game has been brought forward.
What sort of joke decision is this by the Premiership? If this was Italy we'd be crying foul and muttering about mafia involvement and/or brown paper bags!
Basically we've gotta hope Stoke beat City in the Final - possible I suppose - and the latter's confidence takes a Arsenal size slump!

#15 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 26 April 2011 - 16:39

I've heard something about fair play table and that we were 2nd after Fulham and it would even give us Europa League football if we'd be 6th and topped that. I'm not sure just heard it somewhere but don't know where.

#16 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 26 April 2011 - 16:59

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 26 2011, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've heard something about fair play table and that we were 2nd after Fulham and it would even give us Europa League football if we'd be 6th and topped that. I'm not sure just heard it somewhere but don't know where.

Ah-ha, time to go on a few Fulham player's Twitter accounts to wind them up about being pussies! grinny.gif

#17 Guest_The Slikmeister_*

Posted 26 April 2011 - 18:40

I really dont wanna be negative about things but our failure to beat WBA on Sat leaves no other choice Im afraid.
Unfortunately guys, for me its all over!
There's no way on earth can I see us winning at the Bridge this weekend & I honestly cant see Citeh failing to beat West Ham Utd at Eastlands.
Even a draw for us would see the gap between us stretched to 6pts.
Not much else to say really.
Gutted!!!

#18 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 27 April 2011 - 17:03

Another superb posting Stephan keep going.
I see in the paper this morning DeFoe supposed to have said he is warning
Chelsea he is coming to get them on Saturday well I bloody well hope he
does (what it says on the tin) and shoots them down and I will applaud him.
This is going to be a tough tough game as both teams will be really up for this
game Chelsea as they believe they still have a chance of the title and Spurs
players want 4th place again and they are going to have to fight fight and show
some bottle and show the fans that they have the skill and strength to pull off a
great win at Chelsea.Every game is a cup final now and the players have to show
that they are there to be counted.We have players that Harrry does not use the likes
of Krancjar who in my mind is brilliant and the two Walkers who are playing well and
there are other players who I am not going to name but they are all going to leave
in the summer or sold to a club who is going to reap the benifit from our club.
I really do not know what Spurs are doing with our youth players we will soon find out.

1940Spursman8...coys/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// /

#19 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 17:53

going over to the small club in fulham but dont expect to be coming back all smiles from the football side of things!! wink1.gif

#20 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 20:37

there is no reason we can't beat them.

lets face it, we're more likely to beat chelsea than west brom looking at our versus top 4 and bottom 4 stats...

i just want everyone to come out and play like it still matters, because until we're mathematically dead, i don't care what anyone says, i'll still be rooting for us as if we are alive, because we STILL ARE!

we need to play like men and bring the fire. no more bulls*** about the stature of the opponent. they are all equally in between us and success at this point.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users