• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur Saturday 30 April, 17:30 GMT, Stamford Bridge

#141 Guest_SpursYankeeDivision_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 April 2011 - 18:48

I didn't think Dawson or Gallas were bad today....They held off quite a few chances. We were playing Chels after all.....

#142 Guest_c411um_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 18:49

although both of their goals were possibly not, I don't feel robbed at all for some reason. we were f***ing s*** once again. we could of played for a week and the only way we were going to score was from distance.
levy, please sell gomes, defoe, pav, jenas, bentley, o'hara, palacios, keane, Hutton, bassong and gio as well cos if he ain't gonna get a look in with our ridiculously s*** strikeforce he ain't ever gonna get a game.

70m worth of "talent" there. add that to the 70m we should already have and let harry waste it on average players like gyan and kenwyne Jones

#143 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 18:52

Really did not like Arry's reaction to Sandro's goal... It was like taking candy out of a baby's hand! The guy scored his first goal and it was a f***ing cracker! Should have just let him enjoy it and then had a word. We lost it after the gomes blunder/linesmans decision, players put their heads down and then came out and looked like they didn't give a s*** 2nd half.

#144 Guest_SpursYankeeDivision_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 18:54

well said...

#145 Guest_spursmojo_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 18:58

our guys played well today with the big exception of gomes and Pav

gomes or as he known now Teflon man

and pav was far too greedy and couldnt hit a barn with a bulldozer

lennon was quiet too should have used him more

we do need changes but well done to sandro and modders excellent performance the rest of the team could take lesons from these 2

clear out the cobwebs in the summer lets get some quality in

COYS

#146 Guest_burberis_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 19:00

Guys, dont be so mad to our players. Whatever happens , however they play I will support them. As I sing for my team "You win or not , In my Heart , You are the Champions". They did that they can. Last year we had fantastic season in EPL, this year in CL. Everything is ok smile.gif

#147 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 19:02

hey guys,
what a terrible ending to the game, eh?

i thought harry put out an excellent side considering the circumstances. i enjoyed corluka as a LB in general today and thought he put in an excellent shift. sandro was an absolute monster once again. the strike from him was extremely unexpected but beautiful. his passing was excellent at times and i he seemed to have a good knack for distribution, at least through the first half. todays game at least confirms he needs to be a regular on the team sheet, somehow. not only that, but he thoroughly dominated essien physically. i'm extremely impressed by how quickly sandros game has improved. it isn't a fluke anymore, hes showing, well, basically, world class defensive midfield play!

as for kaboul, i thought he constantly gave possession away, needlessly and selfishly. he was always looking to take on his man down the flank, and, well, i just don't think that is really in kabouls toolbox. he killed a ton of our attacks when it would have been far more preferable to just pass it around the edge of the box, modders and vdv in the lurk. definite disappointment.

daws and gallas were steady enough i thought. gallas had some great positional play as usual and daws made some occasional forays forward to snuff out counters that i thought were pretty good.

modders and vdv excellent again. i wish we would lay off more shots for vdv outside the box. i also wish vdv would let bale take the free kicks in shooting range from now on. vdv has been pretty bad for awhile now. i would still have vdv take all the corners and long free kicks though, for some reason he hits those ones better...

lennon and bale were pretty good. lennon did some great work on the wing and bale was terrorizing them. his game is so wonderful to watch. it's just too bad we don't have anyone to get on the end of his crosses.

i thought pavlyuchenko was a little bit wasteful around the box. his touches could have been better, but still, i don't think he should have been yanked for defoe.

defoe was pretty useless today for me. didn't press as hard as he should have and rarely got into dangerous positions or got involved with vdv and modric. i don't know why he positions himself as a line leading striker, its a total waste since he rarely beats his man and doesn't have the size to compete with centerbacks. he needs to get more involved in build up play but just sort of waits around for the ball. i think he is extremely lazy these days! he doesn't run into channels and is extraordinarily reluctant to pass the ball! i just don't think he has the tactical nous to work with vdv and modders. i don't want to see him start for us anymore and i'd prefer if he doesn't play at all actually.

pienaar was ok but really, is he anything but a step down from bale or modders left wing play?

why bring on jenas for vdv, who actually is a matchwinner, when we need a goal? should have pulled a defender at that point. seriously harry, this was basically the last hurrah and you put out jenas for vdv?

definitely disappointing. we still should fight to stay above liverpool. it would be disgraceful if we finished behind them. we need to end this season with more bang and less whimper.

oh yea, gomes...

good lord what a terrible error today. chelsea shouldn't have beat us. we earned a draw and gomes lost it for us. not only that, but he breathed life into their side with that cock up right before the half. its time to get a new keeper. gomes is just mentally frail or something. i dont know, but there are better keepers all over the place, better than gomes at least. pletikosa should get a start next game...

#148 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 19:07

QUOTE (David_Jeenola @ Apr 30 2011, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really did not like Arry's reaction to Sandro's goal... It was like taking candy out of a baby's hand! The guy scored his first goal and it was a f***ing cracker! Should have just let him enjoy it and then had a word. We lost it after the gomes blunder/linesmans decision, players put their heads down and then came out and looked like they didn't give a s*** 2nd half.

yea definitely that was pretty weird. what was harry thinking???

the goal was AMAZING and would have been deserving of an olympic gymnastic floor routine if sandro wanted!

#149 Guest_spursmojo_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 19:12

nuff said

#150 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 19:36

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ Apr 30 2011, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea definitely that was pretty weird. what was harry thinking???

the goal was AMAZING and would have been deserving of an olympic gymnastic floor routine if sandro wanted!

Already envisioned him back on the bench while Scotty Parker is on the field... rolleyes.gif

#151 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 19:43

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13251137.stm

What a fight...what a frustration...what a disappointment....what a leader....

"We all make mistakes"

Yeah no worries man....none taken...don't worry we're cool....

f*** OFF HARRY!

#152 Guest_Lijien_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 19:50

what he said on the whole wasn't that bad, except that we have taken a step back this year.

#153 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 19:52

QUOTE (Lijien @ Apr 30 2011, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what he said on the whole wasn't that bad, except that we have taken a step back this year.

He doesn't seem to care. He has a bit of a laugh before the interview and sings off like just beat Arsenal 2-0. I don't like a manager who doesn't seem to give f*** all about a bad result. The mistakes don't seem to bother him. Has a little moan about goal line technology and that's about it. He should be fuming about those decisions and at least show a bitter disappointment we didn't get anything from that game.

He says all kinds of nonsense all the time yet never even has a notion of actually blaming himself for poor tactical decisions such as playing Corluka on the left and trying to break open the game the game by bringing on JJ for VDV with 6 minutes to go. It can't be that his whole attitude only pisses me off. I mean...enough is enough...

#154 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 30 April 2011 - 20:53

I am utterly gutted and the officials were bloody terrible.Chelsea's first goal
did not go over the line and the second one was bloody offside.It is these
mistakes that get teams relegated and something has to be done and we
need goaline technology now and Blatter needs kicking out to let someone
younger in.Am I a bad loser YES I am when it is warrented.4th place is
getting a little distant now and we can only blame our Strikers all of them
for the fix we are in.

1940Spursman8...coys///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////(I will always support Spurs)

#155 Guest_spursk10_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 20:58

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 30 2011, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He doesn't seem to care. He has a bit of a laugh before the interview and sings off like just beat Arsenal 2-0. I don't like a manager who doesn't seem to give f*** all about a bad result. The mistakes don't seem to bother him. Has a little moan about goal line technology and that's about it. He should be fuming about those decisions and at least show a bitter disappointment we didn't get anything from that game.

He says all kinds of nonsense all the time yet never even has a notion of actually blaming himself for poor tactical decisions such as playing Corluka on the left and trying to break open the game the game by bringing on JJ for VDV with 6 minutes to go. It can't be that his whole attitude only pisses me off. I mean...enough is enough...

I don't blame Redknapp, Gomes, or JJ today. I think the team give their 100%. We didn't panic and we didn't play with any fear. Chelsea have their best 11 players on the field but we don't.
Our team ran out of gas in the last 30 mins. VDV looks very tired.

The ref made two wrong decisions to give Chelsea two goals. I don't see how the ref can award the first goal when the ball never cross the line. Kalou was offside the whole time during that play.

Chelsea probably should have a PK but the player can miss the PK so that's not a goal for sure.

Chelsea didn't beat us today. The ref beat us.

#156 Guest_spursk10_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 21:32

Gomes 5 - awful mistake but the ball never cross the line.
Kaboul 6 - He is playing out of position.
Gallas, Dawson 7 - they did their best to keep Torres and Drogba quiet.
Corluka 7 - He is playing out of position. He keep the ball well. I don't expect Bale or Bassong to do a better defensive job than him.

Lennon 4 - very quiet game.
Bale 5 - had a quiet game too but worked a bit harder than Lennon today
Modric and Sandro 10 - can't ask them to do more than what they did today
VDV 8 - have to drop deep to help our midfield. work hard to retain possession.

Pav 6.5 - can't expect him to do well without any service. If he pass the ball to Bale instead of shooting with left foot, we should have a goal.

Defoe 6 - no service to him whatsoever.
Pienaar 6 - no enough time to make any impact.
JJ 5 - never expect anything from him.

Modric, Sandro, VDV, Corluka show more composure than Kaboul, Bale, Lennon. Kaboul is okay because he is CB. However, Lennon and Bale must improve.

#157 Guest_Millbanks_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 21:35

QUOTE (SpursYankeeDivision @ Apr 30 2011, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I almost don't want to watch the 2nd half. Unbelievable....I hope that linesman has fun officiating league two.

Ppfffff...are you kiddin? Did you see how close that ball was to being over the line? If you honestly think that that was an awful decision, then we are giving officials no chance at all. I mean, it was hardly in the same league as Roy Carroll and Pedro Mendes a few years back. It was a matter of millimetres, and I can't say I feel aggrieved by it. Gomes made a complete f*** up, and even replays were inconclusive.
If I were a lino, and made that decision, and was then penalised for it, I'd be f***ing mortified.

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 30 2011, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
7 ponts out of a possible 24 is simply not good enough. We can forget about top 4 and maybe even top 5. No big names coming in this Summer. We'll be fighting it out for top 6 for the next 4 seasons again.

I think this may be a bit of an exaggeration Stephan. It was one game. Even with a win, we had a much harder run in that City, and honestly don't think we will beat them at Eastlands, and Liverpool are in fine form, unlike us.
Liverpool finished outside the top 4, and they have still attracted top names. It's not the end of Spurs. Players will still want to come to us, providing Levy can convince them of our ambition.
Though I won't disagree with 7 points not being good enough. Especially when you look at those 8 games. It's horrible to think we were ahead of Chelsea only a couple of months ago...

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 30 2011, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He should be fuming about those decisions and at least show a bitter disappointment we didn't get anything from that game.

What's the point? Managers can't vent about refs, or their decisions. It's a waste of time. He'll just get himself banned (though at the moment, it seems that might not be such a bad thing considering his treatment of Sandro after his 30 yard screamer).

Gomes has to be dropped. Make him fight for a spot. He is a nervous wreck, and that has cost us dearly. Why don't Cudicine and Pletikosa get an eye in? It's not like Gomes' performances have been worthy of keeping them out. His parry from Drogba's freekick in the 2nd half was pathetic. Sandra would have caught that, no doubt.

Kaboul was a waste of time. Walker will walk into that spot next year. Why did we buy him...twice? He's another Chimbonda. I have expressed my dislike for him already, mentioned his wastefulness and lack of commitment. How many times did he just back away from the ball and let a Chelsea player take it from his feet?

Dawson & Gallas were pretty poor. Didn't dominate their area when crosses came in, and that Torres header should have never come about.

Corluka looked vulnerable at LB, as he does at RB when he has a fast winger on him, and his injury summed him up today. How do you pull a muscle walking? Ughhh...

Modric & Sandro were superb. Modric was let down by lack of movement, so many of his passes were made to look bad. Sandro was superb winning the ball back, distributed well, and his goal tipped off a great day for him.

Lennon was...asleep? I barely saw him. He didn't want to take on Cashley. Seemed scared to try it. He only has one foot, which any half decent LB can deal with nowadays. Frustrating.

Bale was dealt with well by Ivanovic. Drifted in the centre quite a lot, filling the gap VDV was leaving since he fancied a spell at DM. Ineffective, though putting a cross in aiming for one man (Pav/Defoe) is never going to help. No height. No point crossing.

VDV is meant to be behind the striker, and I wish he would stay forward more. We don't need him to defend. Stay up with Pav and help him when we clear it. He drops deeper than Sandro & Modric time and again, and I don't understand why, because he leaves Pav isolated.

Pav was poor. Kept slipping, and just didn't do anything with the ball at his feet. Outplayed by Terry & Luiz. Can't be left up top alone. Not effective enough.

Pienaar did nothing, and I dont think he would have added anything to our game if introduced earlier. Not physical enough for me, or skilful enough to get through them.

I think Defoe gets slated unfairly. What do you expect him to do when we slam high balls up to him? The bloke is like 5" 5 or something. It's ridiculous. Put it to his feet for f*** sake. He showed what he could do when it is played in to him, when he skinned two of them and got a free kick in a great position, only for us to once again slam it against the wall. If we played the ball on the floor, much like Man Utd, then Defoe would get goals. He makes run after run up there, and you can see him get increasingly frustrated. He needs to be up there with Crouch.

JJ is s***, but it made no difference. The defending at the end was shocking. Offside should have been given, though should have never squirmed through to him.

Uuugggggghhhhhhhh....

#158 Guest_ParkLaneSpur_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 22:12

Millbanks are you joking? You are completely missing the point.
The linesman could in no way have been sure that the ball crossed the line from where he was. He wasn't even in line with the box when the ball went close to the line. If he isn't sure, then you cannot give a goal. He guessed. And for some strange reason he went with the attacking team when you are clearly not supposed to.
If you are not in a position to give a goal and you can't be sure then you simply say 'I couldn't see from where I was' and the benefit goes with the defending team. He didn't even give the decision at first, he panicked when the ref ran towards him and he heard thousands of Chelsea fans cheering and waiting to abuse him. He bottled it, like nearly all referee's/linesman do at the big clubs.
Its all well and good saying he shouldn't be punished but a goal like this costs clubs millions of pounds and has an effect on the fans that cause trouble. If he was worried about being punished he wouldn't so readily start awarding goals willy-nilly when he could not have been sure.
Not taking the blame away from Gomes, he was an absolute clown today. All we can do with him is try and stay supportive and see what the club do in the summer. I'm not fussed either way. Don't think there is much out there that is better and won't make mistakes. Could just be a blip in form.
But you have to hold the officials to account for today. Chelsea didn't score one legit goal and yet won the game!

#159 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 22:25

Real talk ParkLane^

#160 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 22:59

QUOTE (Millbanks @ Apr 30 2011, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think this may be a bit of an exaggeration Stephan. It was one game. Even with a win, we had a much harder run in that City, and honestly don't think we will beat them at Eastlands, and Liverpool are in fine form, unlike us.
Liverpool finished outside the top 4, and they have still attracted top names. It's not the end of Spurs. Players will still want to come to us, providing Levy can convince them of our ambition.
Though I won't disagree with 7 points not being good enough. Especially when you look at those 8 games. It's horrible to think we were ahead of Chelsea only a couple of months ago...

Comparing us with Liverpool is absolutely ridiculous. Liverpool are the most successful club in English football history along with Man United. Comparing them with Spurs is plain silly. Liverpool has a much more successful history than us and their name is held in higher regard than us from an international perspective. Players will always want to join Liverpool just becaue of the club they are.

We just had 1 successful season in the Champions League after decades of not being involved in the most prestigious European cup tournament. If I look at it objectively we'll be regarded as a one day fly since we can't back it up with consecutive qualification. Same goes for Everton who cracked the top 4 once and then couldn't sustain their top 4 credentials either.

Add to that the fact we can't seem to compete on either transfer fees or wages when it comes to top targets it becomes an even more frustrating reality for Spurs. We will miss out on the big names that we have been dreaming of ever since we finished 4th last season. I hold the entire club responsible for not capitalizing on our Champions League status when we had the chance. Now we will have to scrap and settle for second best in the Summer transfer window. We'll probably sign a couple of mediocre to decent players, maybe 1 lucky bet and another couple of flops.

Sorry I can't help it. I have never felt so low about our future after we were in relegation zone under Ramos. We don't play well, the manager seems clueless, clubs are already circling like vultures to snap up some of our best players and Liverpool, Arsenal and City will probably trump us on every transfer target we'll have in mind.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users