• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur Saturday 30 April, 17:30 GMT, Stamford Bridge

#21 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 April 2011 - 20:41

We can beat them guys, have faith. Bale will be at Left back so hopefully the formation might be a bit more solid with Azza on the right. Even if we don't get fourth, let's get behind the team and hope we can play some sexy football and restore a bit of 'footballing' pride, hurts more to play s*** football than finish in a non-top four pos. COYS!

#22 Guest_Lijien_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 20:44

we can beat them, but rather had played them 2 weeks ago when they were struggling more, seems like they are finding form again

#23 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 21:01

haha, you mean, benching torres again?

#24 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 22:03

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ Apr 27 2011, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lets face it, we're more likely to beat chelsea than west brom looking at our versus top 4 and bottom 4 stats...

If we can't shut out a s*** team like Bolton from scoring 2 against us at home what makes you think our defence won't leak sufficient goals at Stamford Bridge to be served a defeat?

#25 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 22:48

QUOTE (TommoSpur @ Apr 26 2011, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah-ha, time to go on a few Fulham player's Twitter accounts to wind them up about being pussies! grinny.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ Apr 27 2011, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there is no reason we can't beat them.

lets face it, we're more likely to beat chelsea than west brom looking at our versus top 4 and bottom 4 stats...

i just want everyone to come out and play like it still matters, because until we're mathematically dead, i don't care what anyone says, i'll still be rooting for us as if we are alive, because we STILL ARE!

we need to play like men and bring the fire. no more bulls*** about the stature of the opponent. they are all equally in between us and success at this point.

well said, just hope we dont give ourselves an uphill struggle through an early goal (happened quite a few times this season)

#26 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 22:54

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 27 2011, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we can't shut out a s*** team like Bolton from scoring 2 against us at home what makes you think our defence won't leak sufficient goals at Stamford Bridge to be served a defeat?

well i was reading tea leaves this morning...

nah, just following the script of the divine comedy that is spurs!

#27 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 27 April 2011 - 23:12

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ Apr 28 2011, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nah, just following the script of the divine comedy that is spurs!

Best point made so far about this game laugh.gif

#28 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:51

How right you are mate, we struggle with teams you think we should beat (no disrespect to those bottom clubs) yet turn in great performances with those above us, so yes Im looking for a victory. 2-1 Crouch & VDV. dancing.gif
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#29 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:59

If Chelsea still hold aspirations for the title then we are more than able to say we can still get fourth spot, especially as we are chasing City without Tevez, rather than an on song Man Utd!!

I rerally waana see some heart that was missing last weekend, Harry needs to stop being so defeatist and remind the players of the fact we did this last season and we are more than capable of doing it again!! COYS!!

#30 Guest_Robspur85_*

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:47

Afternoon Chaps.

Ok so a realistic slant on Saturday's game.

I honestly believe that we can secure a score draw at the Bridge. I do however think it is unrealistic that we can win given our historic failings Away to Chelsea.

My prediction is a 1-1 draw, with Gomes producing some top drawer saves to keep us in it.

Following this, it is highly likely that we will drop points at Home to Blackpool on the 7th May.........Typical Spurs!! LOL

#31 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 28 April 2011 - 13:24

spoilsport. grinny.gif

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#32 Guest_Robspur85_*

Posted 28 April 2011 - 13:31

QUOTE (journeyman @ Apr 28 2011, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
spoilsport. grinny.gif

LOL.

Sorry mate, I really hope I'm wrong!!

COYS

#33 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 28 April 2011 - 14:26

yes I do but also have a feeling you could very well be right.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#34 Guest_Go Team_*

Posted 28 April 2011 - 15:16

QUOTE (Stephan @ Apr 26 2011, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've heard something about fair play table and that we were 2nd after Fulham and it would even give us Europa League football if we'd be 6th and topped that. I'm not sure just heard it somewhere but don't know where.

I think the top teams from 12 leagues go into a draw for 4 european spots or something like that so its not a great option.

Ironically the year we were praising Ramos for getting us Euope through the Carling cup we would've gotten in anyway as England came out of the fair play draw that year and we were ahead of City - the place went to them instead.

Cheslsea, back on form, away from home. Not feeling optimistic, but we have a slim chance, a win would probably cruelly get my hopes up about 4th again. I'd be ok with a draw to keep us ahead of pool. Europa league is cr@p but showing we can consistantly play in europe is a good thing. We've been in 4 out of the last 5 years so I want to get it again.

#35 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 28 April 2011 - 15:51

Sandro must start this game.

I don't think he should've been automatically dropped for Huddlestone, when the big man came back. We need Sandro's tackling, interceptions, the ground he covers and the running he does. Huddlestone has also been off pace, so he's hardly come back and ripped it up.

#36 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 28 April 2011 - 15:53

QUOTE (Robspur85 @ Apr 28 2011, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Afternoon Chaps.

Ok so a realistic slant on Saturday's game.

I honestly believe that we can secure a score draw at the Bridge. I do however think it is unrealistic that we can win given our historic failings Away to Chelsea.

My prediction is a 1-1 draw, with Gomes producing some top drawer saves to keep us in it.

Following this, it is highly likely that we will drop points at Home to Blackpool on the 7th May.........Typical Spurs!! LOL

With both teams needing a win, Gomes and Cech should be very busy. If it finishes 1-1 i would be surprised, more likely to be a goal feast.

0-0 it is then.

#37 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 28 April 2011 - 15:57

QUOTE (EuanW @ Apr 28 2011, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sandro must start this game.

I don't think he should've been automatically dropped for Huddlestone, when the big man came back. We need Sandro's tackling, interceptions, the ground he covers and the running he does. Huddlestone has also been off pace, so he's hardly come back and ripped it up.

i really want to see us go for them!!... 3 at the back gallas right, daws & bassong who'll beat up drogba!! (ledders may make an appearance i'm told ph34r.gif )

sandro & thudd sitting in front giving luka a free role in the center with lennon & bale on the wings
vdv in behind the baby giraffe..

#38 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 28 April 2011 - 16:10

QUOTE (old grey yid @ Apr 28 2011, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i really want to see us go for them!!... 3 at the back gallas right, daws & bassong who'll beat up drogba!! (ledders may make an appearance i'm told ph34r.gif )

sandro & thudd sitting in front giving luka a free role in the center with lennon & bale on the wings

Like it, not sure about the girraffe, playing into Terry's hands if we go ariel. Got to pull the fat oath out of his comfort zone then murder him with pace.

Forget it........your right, he's the only realistic option.

#39 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 28 April 2011 - 16:23

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ Apr 28 2011, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like it, not sure about the girraffe, playing into Terry's hands if we go ariel.

I guess the baby giraffe is a free gift you get with Ariel this week at Sainsbury's

laugh.gif

#40 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 28 April 2011 - 16:23

QUOTE (old grey yid @ Apr 28 2011, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha risky but i love it!

i suppose we can have hudd drop back as a CB when one of our flank CB's gets pulled out to the wings and thereby keep four across the back with sandro to shield?

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users