• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur Saturday 30 April, 17:30 GMT, Stamford Bridge

#41 Guest_old grey yid_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 April 2011 - 16:29

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ Apr 28 2011, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha risky but i love it!

i suppose we can have hudd drop back as a CB when one of our flank CB's gets pulled out to the wings and thereby keep four across the back with sandro to shield?

i was just thinking ancelotti plays so narrow this would be perfect, there width comes from thier full backs if thier tied up with bale & lennon there covered & i'm more than confident about lennons tracking back if needed, in thier midfield theres no pace really & essien has been s***e latley, & lampard can be tracked!!.. & obi wan mikel hasn't got the force at all. ramirez & luka going one on one & luka wins all day long.. i think sandro & thudd would give them more than enough trouble

#42 Guest_Dean Jones_*

Posted 28 April 2011 - 21:29

We have to do it on our own. I cannot by any stretch of the imagination see West Ham getting anything from City. The Hammers are going down this season.

#43 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:31

we are screwed. 3-0 loss. City win. Liverpool win. season over.

sorry to bring everyone down but thats how i see it.

the team formation written earlier with hudd and sandro, vdv and crouch is right IMHO

#44 Guest_THFC6061_*

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:49

Lawro's Prediction for Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (1730)

Spurs really need to push on to try and get the fourth Champions League spot but they've been through a spell where they haven't won in the league so maybe their European exploits have caught up with them.

The worry for them is that they're already looking to the Manchester City game as the fourth-place decider, but it could all be done and dusted before then.

Chelsea have also been through a rough patch but are a better team now, probably as good as they've been all season, and now Fernando Torres has finally scored he will be a different player, but they're still not as good as last season.

I expect changes at Chelsea over the summer - they failed to replace players they let go last year, one or two more may be playing to impress potential buyers, and I think Carlo Ancelotti will go too.

The way Ray Wilkins was treated, among other things, was Roman Abramovich's way of saying "I'm the owner, you just manage," but it hasn't worked.

Prediction: Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro's predictions for the season would put Chelsea in 3rd place on 76 points and Tottenham in 7th place on 61 points.

In fact, Chelsea go into the match in 2nd place on 67 points while Spurs are in 5th place on 55 points.

Here are all of Lawro's predictions for the 2010-11 season, together with how the Premier League table would look like if he was correct...

Lawro's 2010-11 Predictions

#45 Guest_Go Team_*

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:49

QUOTE (aussispurs @ Apr 29 2011, 03:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we are screwed. 3-0 loss. City win. Liverpool win. season over.

sorry to bring everyone down but thats how i see it.

Even if we lose and City and Pool win the season isn't over. We have head to heads againt both of those clubs that will be crucial in deciding 4th -6th spots. I reckon we need 8 points from 5 games to get 5th. Less if we don't lose to pool. The last game of the season will still be important to us. And the head to head with City is a huge game, league positions or not. I want to beat them bad.

#46 Guest_burberis_*

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:27

Hudd is out for this game, so i would play
Gomes
Corluka,Gallas,Dawson,Bale
Lennon,Modric,Sandro,Pienaar
VDV
Crouch

#47 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 29 April 2011 - 13:57

I like that line-up burberis. Good stuff. Although I'm not sure Pienaar is fit.

#48 Guest_spursmojo_*

Posted 29 April 2011 - 15:18

we cant worry about what everyone else is doing

we have to show the same grit and form that we had this tme last season.

chelsea are playing well but are not unbeatable

we have to win all our remianing games and as long as ALL our players pull their fingers out (bale, gomes Pav ,Defoe and VDV im looking to these guys to improve on recent performances) there is no reason why we cant. boxing.gif boxing.gif boxing.gif crest.gif

COYS

#49 Guest_Spurious_*

Posted 29 April 2011 - 17:54

This is going to be a tough one for me. I just lost a very close mate (out-of-the-blue, died-in-his-sleep type of thing) who happened to be a huge Chelsea supporter. We could--and did--argue about anything under the sun, over a pint, but had to watch these fixtures from our own homes, calling each other to talk s*** every five minutes or so. Nobody's problem but mine, but indulge me for bringing it up. This is the first one he won't be around for.

Anyway, knowing his abrasive nature, he'd be upset with me if I became Blue for a day in his honour, so COYS anyway! I'm actually more confident for this one than I am for a match against one of the Ws, if only because a draw wouldn't be as humiliating.

I love OGY's setup, but a) we'd need Hudd fit, b) 'Arry would never make changes that drastic (King Kenny did something similar, methinks), and c) I'm not sure our boys are disciplined enough to make it work.

But they will be up for this. Here's the whole 'Arry question in a nutshell: he'll have them hungry as wolves and unafraid, but he won't be able to do as OGY suggests and come up with a strategy to exploit this team's weakness. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

But I bet Sandro makes even Didier keep his head up approaching our area.

#50 Guest_spursk10_*

Posted 29 April 2011 - 18:49

QUOTE (burberis @ Apr 29 2011, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hudd is out for this game, so i would play
Gomes
Corluka,Gallas,Dawson,Bale
Lennon,Modric,Sandro,Pienaar
VDV
Crouch

I would go with your lineup. Crouch and VDV must help Modric and Sandro to close down the space in central midfield.

However, I'm afraid that Harry will go with "the Invisible Man" JJ and play Modric on the left.

Doesn't matter what lineup Harry choose. We must avoid conceding goals in the first 5-10 mins.

#51 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 29 April 2011 - 18:56

QUOTE (spursk10 @ Apr 29 2011, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would go with your lineup. Crouch and VDV must help Modric and Sandro to close down the space in central midfield.

However, I'm afraid that Harry will go with "the Invisible Man" JJ and play Modric on the left.

Doesn't matter what lineup Harry choose. We must avoid conceding goals in the first 5-10 mins.

If he plays JJ from the kick-off I'm not even going to bother to watch. It would be nothing short of suicide against Essien, Lampard and Ramires.

#52 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 29 April 2011 - 20:24

Jermaine Jenas played in the side that beat Chelsea 2-1 in the Carling Cup amd 2-1 at WHL the season before.

Sorry, couldn't resist ! I hope he doesn't play JJ

#53 Guest_SpursYankeeDivision_*

Posted 29 April 2011 - 23:29

Why do I suspect Harry will choose some wacked-out line up again? JJ starting is a real possibility...
I read that Bale is still in doubt over starting...

#54 Guest_Dean Jones_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 00:04

If it were at WHL we'd have a shot. I can't see us getting a result at Stamford Bridge. I wish that were not the case.

Maybe if Drogba and Torres collide, knock each other out of the match in the first couple of minutes.....

#55 Guest_SpursYankeeDivision_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:06

QUOTE (Dean Jones @ Apr 29 2011, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it were at WHL we'd have a shot. I can't see us getting a result at Stamford Bridge. I wish that were not the case.

Maybe if Drogba and Torres collide, knock each other out of the match in the first couple of minutes.....

May be right, but we do play better against the big clubs...
the boys seem in good spirts about it:

#56 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:14

if Arry plays JJ in place of THudd instead of Sandro then i would just give up with Arry

#57 Guest_burberis_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:16

I really can't believe that Harry will let JJ to starting 11. I am really confident about this game. We play better against good clubs. It is our chance to get back to top 4 race. We need a win. And i just hope we dont get early goal as in games against arsenal and WBA.

#58 Guest_c411um_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 13:19

I expect our season being over to be confirmed. I'm not even gonna stay up for the 11:30 kick off. would be great to wake up and be wrong...

#59 Guest_burberis_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 16:19

Gomes; Corluka, Dawson, Kaboul, Gallas; Lennon, Modric, Sandro, Bale; Van der Vaart; Pavlyuchenko. SUBS - Cudicini, Bassong, Jenas, Pienaar, Rose, Crouch, Defoe.

Interesting.
COYS!

#60 Guest_Spurious_*

Posted 30 April 2011 - 16:42

Modric ain't shook by Didier!

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic