• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Blackpool Saturday 7 May, KO: 17:30 GMT, White Hart Lane

#1 Guest_Crazy Yiddo_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:12

Dear Mods & Admin,

I think we ought to have a matchday thread up asap to discuss this weekend's upcoming dissapointing draw @ home to Blackpool!

Mod edit:

*Your prayers have been answered. Here's the matchday topic! nice1.gif*

#2 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 03 May 2011 - 13:41

I hope blackpool win so they can stay up and we finish 6th (Y) Yay! ¬¬

#3 Guest_Crazy Yiddo_*

Posted 03 May 2011 - 13:43

Cheers Moderators nice1.gif

So, what lead will we chuck away this week my fellow Spurs? 1-0, 2-1, 3-2?

Team I'd put out:

GK: Cudicini (The only sane choice)
RB: Undecided...Kaboul more agile, Corluka a better defender? Who knows...
CB: Daws & Agent 0013
LB: Benny
RM: Lennon (none of this "late sub" faffing about, we need to get at Blackpool immediately)
CM: Sandro - SHOOOOOT! Seriously what a player we may have on our hands here!
CM: Modric
LM: Bale
ST: Crouch
ST: Defoe

Call me crazy but I think it would be worth dropping van der Vaart for one game just to revert to our system from last season and score some bloody goals instead of a stifling 4-5-1 in which vdV drops too deep ALL THE TIME and leaves the striker with no support.

Just my opinions.

Either way we need to win this and hope City lose to Everton away (not an easy game). If that happens and we manage to beat City the following game, we are back to 1pt behind. Can't see it happening myself, the damage has already been done.

COME ON YOU SPURS! PLEASE! SHOW SOME BOTTLE AND DESIRE FFS!

#4 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 03 May 2011 - 13:45

If we lose points to Blackpool again I wouldn't feel that bad cause I really like Blackpool and Ian Holloway. Our season is over anyway so if we would donate some points to the Tangerine cause...so be it.

#5 Guest_Go Team_*

Posted 03 May 2011 - 14:44

If we drop any more points stupid points my head will explode. So for the sake of my sanity I really hope this reasonalby comfortable win.

Blackpool are a fun team to watch but they look like they've run out of steam. I'd like to see Gallas and Bale rested for this game as they look tired and VDV too just so he's raring to go for the next game. I'd go for

GK: ??? Can we just play 11 out field? Powerplay anyone?
RB: Corluka
CB: Daws
CB Kaboul
RM: Lennon
CM: Sandro
CM: Hudd
LM: Modric

Should be plenty strong enough to get a result. And we can bring some more of the big guns off the bench if we need to.

#6 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 May 2011 - 15:43

I expect Gomes will probably play again but I really hope some people at the club realise what a liability he is and look to ship him out in the summer. Come August if he is still our number 1 I may decide to support another team angry2.gif

#7 Guest_burberis_*

Posted 03 May 2011 - 16:22

QUOTE (Stephan @ May 3 2011, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we lose points to Blackpool again I wouldn't feel that bad cause I really like Blackpool and Ian Holloway. Our season is over anyway so if we would donate some points to the Tangerine cause...so be it.

NO. We have little chances to finish in TOP4 , but still we have to fight for 5th place and try to win as much games as we can.
And I seriously dont want to see VdV , and really want to see Kranjcar( for more than 5minutes). I really dont understand Harry. Kranjcar got for us 6 points with 2 stunning late goals. he was on good form , why he went on the bench after these amazing matches??????

#8 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 17:54

QUOTE (ChrisPienaar @ May 3 2011, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I expect Gomes will probably play again but I really hope some people at the club realise what a liability he is and look to ship him out in the summer. Come August if he is still our number 1 I may decide to support another team angry2.gif

Liverpool or Man U ?
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#9 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 03 May 2011 - 19:51

QUOTE (Crazy Yiddo @ May 3 2011, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cheers Moderators nice1.gif

So, what lead will we chuck away this week my fellow Spurs? 1-0, 2-1, 3-2?

Team I'd put out:

GK: Cudicini (The only sane choice)
RB: Undecided...Kaboul more agile, Corluka a better defender? Who knows...
CB: Daws & Agent 0013
RM: Lennon (none of this "late sub" faffing about, we need to get at Blackpool immediately)
CM: Sandro - SHOOOOOT! Seriously what a player we may have on our hands here!
CM: Modric
LM: Bale

Call me crazy but I think it would be worth dropping van der Vaart for one game just to revert to our system from last season and score some bloody goals instead of a stifling 4-5-1 in which vdV drops too deep ALL THE TIME and leaves the striker with no support.

Just my opinions.

Either way we need to win this and hope City lose to Everton away (not an easy game). If that happens and we manage to beat City the following game, we are back to 1pt behind. Can't see it happening myself, the damage has already been done.

COME ON YOU SPURS! PLEASE! SHOW SOME BOTTLE AND DESIRE FFS!

I'd like to see us drop VDV, it would answer some questions regarding this season.

#10 Guest_Lijien_*

Posted 03 May 2011 - 20:07

I would like a 4-3-3

corluka, dawson, gallas, bale
modric- hudd - sandro
Defoe - Pav - Niko

no vdv or crouch, defoe can run the right channel with an eye on scoring, pav has been playing well, niko with less defensive need will pinch in a bit, open up the left flank for bale.

It should be a fairly compact team we play against, and we need to press the action more.
would also give us VDV and Crouch and Lennon on the bench to have the ability to change tactically if something opens up

#11 Guest_SpursYankeeDivision_*

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:56

QUOTE (burberis @ May 3 2011, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
, and really want to see Kranjcar( for more than 5minutes). I really dont understand Harry. Kranjcar got for us 6 points with 2 stunning late goals. he was on good form , why he went on the bench after these amazing matches??????

Agreed. I always was a big fan of Kranjcar and he sure gave us results! He is no big name player, but I sure will be sad to see him go.
Put him in against Blackpool Harry!

#12 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:16

QUOTE (journeyman @ May 3 2011, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Liverpool or Man U ?

I hate Man United with a passion lol, may have to support Barcelona because a disappointing season for them is only winning the league title lol.

#13 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 04 May 2011 - 13:23

QUOTE (ChrisPienaar @ May 4 2011, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate Man United with a passion lol, may have to support Barcelona because a disappointing season for them is only winning the league title lol.

I certainly will be in the CL final; I have never blindly accepted the 'support the English club' approach and, quite frankly, there is NO team in the world that I loath more than the bast**ds (aka Man U).

#14 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 04 May 2011 - 13:35

I agree with the sentiments expressed re Kranjar; with Bale at left back that would be a potentially deadly combination on the left hand side, the former cutting in, of course. I would also rest VDV. I know that he is a class act but he seems to lack some positional discipline and that does leave us too light up front on occasions. I can't put my finger on it exactly but I just don't feel that the line-up has been quite right all season. We are all too frequently a side in which the whole is less than the sum of the parts! I would start Defoe and the big man up front with Modric, Sandro and Lennon occupying the remaining three midfield slots.
High scoring game, I reckon...5 v 1 would be nice, but it will probably end up like the Stoke game! rolleyes.gif

#15 Guest_burberis_*

Posted 04 May 2011 - 13:47

QUOTE (GJHSpurs @ May 4 2011, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I certainly will be in the CL final; I have never blindly accepted the 'support the English club' approach and, quite frankly, there is NO team in the world that I loath more than the bast**ds (aka Man U).

I just cant imagine how person can support barca. Such a s*** divers club.

#16 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 04 May 2011 - 13:49

QUOTE (burberis @ May 4 2011, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ever seen them play? Best football in the world + Messi

#17 Guest_burberis_*

Posted 04 May 2011 - 13:52

QUOTE (Stephan @ May 4 2011, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ever seen them play? Best football in the world + Messi

Ye i saw mascherano and busi yesterday smile.gif

#18 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 04 May 2011 - 14:05

QUOTE (burberis @ May 4 2011, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ye i saw mascherano and busi yesterday smile.gif

I know what you mean but do you really think Real Madrid would have won if those two would've been punished for their theatrics? I hate Busquets too, worst actor ever. Yesterday I also said Mascherano should've been ashamed for that little drama show he performed after that Lass Diarra tackle on the ball.

But that aside. Players like Xavi, Iniesta, Piqué, Pedro, Dani Alves and David Villa and of course Messi are a joy to watch for any football enthusiast. In my view they are the best team of all time. And that's not because I'm a die-hard Barça fan but because I've never seen a team play with so much joy and ease and beautiful one-two's and goals.

#19 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 04 May 2011 - 14:56

QUOTE (burberis @ May 4 2011, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You sir are clueless about football, yes they have busquets, pedro and masherano who like to dive at times but against madrid they were kicked so many times it was unbelievable. I lost count of how many times messi got kicked yesterday and he only went down once or twice and got up straight away. What a player, what a team. As a team they are a joy to watch and are what every team wants to be. Complete respect for them and everything they do. Although Messi stands out they have such quality players in Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Alves...etc. They have such fantastic teamwork and you can see they love playing together and for eachother. At the end of the match when they were giving Abidal the bumps and the cheers he received when he came onto the pitch, I just cant help but cheer them on all the way.

#20 Guest_burberis_*

Posted 04 May 2011 - 15:58

I just hate them :-) maybe same as arsenal... I respect Messi,Xavi..but iniesta was diving through whole world cup,pique behaviour is s***,alves also dives and always run near the ref... And how they play football is nice on the one side but on the ofther side most of time its just keeping ball in the middle of the pitch. And also the national team i dont like the most is spain sooo. Thats just my opinion.

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users