• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Blackpool Saturday 7 May, KO: 17:30 GMT, White Hart Lane

#201 Guest_Crazy Yiddo_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 May 2011 - 21:07

It truly does concern me that Redknapp seems to be ok with the fact we've won one game in nine...

But that's alright, it "wasn't to be". Again...

#202 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 07 May 2011 - 21:07

QUOTE (Crazy Yiddo @ May 7 2011, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently Rose is a left back according to Redknapp... blink.gif

Did you hear how 'Arry slagged him off as a left sided player? I mean, come on. Have you ever seen a manager slag off a young player like that in front of a camera?

#203 Guest_c411um_*

Posted 07 May 2011 - 21:09

his comments on rose were extremely puzzling.

#204 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 07 May 2011 - 21:10

QUOTE (Crazy Yiddo @ May 7 2011, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently Rose is a left back according to Redknapp... blink.gif

He thinks Pav is a striker so I definitely don't trust his judgement! grinny.gif

#205 Guest_Crazy Yiddo_*

Posted 07 May 2011 - 21:19

QUOTE (Vinny @ May 7 2011, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He thinks Pav is a striker so I definitely don't trust his judgement! grinny.gif

True.

Big clearout in the summer.

#206 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 07 May 2011 - 21:25

Right, here goes...

"Credit to blackpool, they played like Blackpool at the start of the season"
(Uh no, I've only seen two Blackpool games where they've got men behind the ball, deliberately fouled throughout and played counter-attack, both against us. Holloway obviously realises we have midfield talent in abundance but no cutting edge, and no plan to our game. We never score from set-pieces for instance, because you don't coach them properly Harry. You also apparently turned down Suarez, what kind of decision was that?)

"Ian Holloway done an amazing job"
(Fair enough - but you've been in the game a lot longer, why couldn't you out-think him? Your tactics are poor.)

"Just wasn't meant to be today, wasn't lack of effort...."
(I thought we were very low on energy today, no fire - that's your job. Where are these legendary man-management and motivational skills you're supposed to have? Do you think that saying Europa League and 5th aren't worth it get's your players going? If they're tired on the other hand then it's you're fault, your use of rotation has been appalling this season - our best players have got frequent injuries through overuse, whilst talent such as Niko has not been capitalised upon and been left to rot. He's supposed to be one of your favorites, I'd hate to be your enemy Redknapp - he was quality last year but you have totally alienated him and he will now leave the club. Bassong was a promising centre-back when needed last season, his confidence has been destroyed, he looks terrible and will probably follow out the door.)

"Technically he's a fantastic Goalkeeper"
(Occasionally - but mentally he's erratic and some of the basics such as CATCHING THE BALL have cost us. Why not use Pletikosa from time to time? He's announced to the world that you lied to him and promised him games! That doesn't bode well for convincing players to join us this summer, Spurs having an untrustworthy manager - let's hope it doesn't harm our chances signing young Croatians in particular. They produce a lot of talent these days...)

Goes on to talk about David James...
(Who gives a s***? No one who ever knew much about football rated him, I hated it when he played for England. His errors may have been tolerated at Pompey because expectations were always low, this is Spurs and Gomes we're talking about - needless failure shouldn't be accepted here!)

"Bale done ankle ligaments"
(well done, it's finally cost us a key player. If you made more of a fuss every time we were f***ed over by officials, then referees would give more more decisions our way and smaller clubs would be less prepared to get thoroughly stuck in because they would know it would cost them the match! But no, you always say, "Ah well, that's how it goes... Maybe he's wrong, it's hard to say..." We're not asking you to be Fergie or Wenger, but perhaps behaving like you're at least bothered and there may be some repercussions might have helped us along the way. The likes of Dalglish is streets ahead of you mentally Harry, he'd've done his nut about that decision today!)

#207 Guest_spursmojo_*

Posted 07 May 2011 - 21:28

yep and first to go

harry redknapp

#208 Guest_spursmojo_*

Posted 07 May 2011 - 21:30

QUOTE (Crazy Yiddo @ May 7 2011, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True.

Big clearout in the summer.

first to go harry no clue redknapp

#209 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 07 May 2011 - 21:36

QUOTE (TommoSpur @ May 7 2011, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Technically he's a fantastic Goalkeeper"
(Occasionally - but mentally he's erratic and some of the basics such as CATCHING THE BALL have cost us. Why not use Pletikosa from time to time? He's announced to the world that you lied to him and promised him games! That doesn't bode well for convincing players to join us this summer, Spurs having an untrustworthy manager - let's hope it doesn't harm our chances signing young Croatians in particular. They produce a lot of talent these days...)

"Bale done ankle ligaments"
(well done, it's finally cost us a key player. If you made more of a fuss every time we were f***ed over by officials, then referees would give more more decisions our way and smaller clubs would be less prepared to get thoroughly stuck in because they would know it would cost them the match! But no, you always say, "Ah well, that's how it goes... Maybe he's wrong, it's hard to say..." We're not asking you to be Fergie or Wenger, but perhaps behaving like you're at least bothered and there may be some repercussions might have helped us along the way. The likes of Dalglish is streets ahead of you mentally Harry, he'd've done his nut about that decision today!)

Great post Tommo, you nailed that.
Just to add to "Technically he's a fantastic Goalkeeper" - surely, other than his decision making, that is his biggest weakness?! The fact that he doesn't move his feet into position (see Chelsea's first goal last week), lets shots through his hands or parries straight back to strikers (again, Chelsea last week) and can't catch crosses (every game he's ever played).
Agree with your last point too - generally I appreciate the fact that Redknapp doesn't have a go about decisions and retains a bit of dignity (in that respect!), but at times he needs to stand up for the players more

#210 Guest_spursmojo_*

Posted 07 May 2011 - 21:44

QUOTE (Stephan @ May 7 2011, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Post-match p!ss-take #573:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13324777.stm

Talking himself clean of any blame @ 3:50. It's a disgrace really. Always an excuse why his side didn't perform.

anyone else notice that smug little f$%ing smile on his face during the interview

anyone would think we won 5-0

not draw against a team that couldnt buy a win

say what u want about ole rednose he would be furious right now andrightly so

#211 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 07 May 2011 - 21:58

QUOTE (spursmojo @ May 7 2011, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone else notice that smug little f$%ing smile on his face during the interview

He knows he's getting paid whatever happens is why...
Maybe there is something to this Chelsea link and he doesn't really care - the pattern of his career shows that he'll always move to a bigger club, especially when things start to go wrong and he can only see his reputation being damaged. I'd love him to go in those circumstances, we'd avoid the flak from his pals on Fleet Street and get compensation!
Is the team that can't buy a win us by chance?!
Fergie's a c***, but yes he bleeds United and you can't take that away from him. Redknapp is West Ham, he's probably despised our fans most of his life...

#212 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 07 May 2011 - 22:01

QUOTE (TommoSpur @ May 7 2011, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He knows he's getting paid whatever happens is why...
Maybe there is something to this Chelsea link and he doesn't really care - the pattern of his career shows that he'll always move to a bigger club, especially when things start to go wrong and he can only see his reputation being damaged. I'd love him to go in those circumstances, we'd avoid the flak from his pals on Fleet Street and get compensation!
Is the team that can't buy a win us by chance?!
Fergie's a c***, but yes he bleeds United and you can't take that away from him. Redknapp is West Ham, he's probably despised our fans most of his life...

Lest we forget that he used to watch us when he trained at Spurs as a kid, but before that didn't he used to go and watch the scum?!

#213 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 07 May 2011 - 22:11

QUOTE (Vinny @ May 7 2011, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lest we forget that he used to watch us when he trained at Spurs as a kid, but before that didn't he used to go and watch the scum?!

I left that out Vinny, but yes he apparently did... I've always considered him a Hammer personally though - he's East London, played longer there than anywhere else and managed them for 7 years.

#214 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 08 May 2011 - 00:31

QUOTE (spursmojo @ May 7 2011, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was exactly the same as when we drew with West Ham and West Brom. The man gives f*** all about our club. He probably has already plotted his escape route, hence he still smiles when we lose and why he talks so much b******s about Europa League.

#215 Guest_Go Team_*

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:50

QUOTE (spursmojo @ May 7 2011, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Results wise I was defending Harry. But looking at him he doesn't look like he cares at all. Lennon got booked for kicking the ball away in frustration when we were running out of time, he did exactly what i would have done because he cares about the team. The more I look at him the more of mercenary Harry is. I hope Levy gives him the boot. Were a bigger club than Harrry can deal with. He's done ok, but he doesn't have enough ambition.

I'd love hi, to go to Chelsa and mess them up.

#216 Guest_Crazy Yiddo_*

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:28

I KNEW it "wasn't to be"!

Fantastic insightful analysis Harry! Jesus...

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/artic...rry-070511.html

Headbanger.gif

Once again a game where our lack of ideas in the final third comes back to kill us, it just "wasn't to be".

WHU Away L0-1
WHU Home D 0-0
Wigan Away D 0-0
Wigan Home L0-1
Blackpool Away L3-1
Blackpool Away D 1-1
WBA Away D 1-1
WBA Home D 2-2

I guess it wasn't to be in all those games. Of course! It makes perfect sense that every other top four side has annihilated these teams for the most part, because they have the guile in the final third to kill teams off. Not us though. It just wasn't our day/it wasn't to be. Again...

Every team has games where they do everything but score, however with the top sides it's very rare. Does Redknapp work with the team in training on anything to do with tactics? It makes you wonder...

#217 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:32

QUOTE (Crazy Yiddo @ May 8 2011, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I KNEW it "wasn't to be"!

Fantastic insightful analysis Harry! Jesus...

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/artic...rry-070511.html

Headbanger.gif

Once again a game where our lack of ideas in the final third comes back to kill us, it just "wasn't to be".

Wasn't meant to be because we didnt' f***ing try! Pathetic display yesterday, hardly no intensity or desire to win the game. Then for Arry to come out with bulls*** about putting in the 'effort' Headbanger.gif

#218 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:24

I have to say that i'm sick of defending players, manager and club.

Spurs have let us down this season, so many opportunities missed, and i'm blaming every f***er.

The whole lot of them have been s***e since christmas except for the 1 game in Milan. Not f***ing good enough, and i couldn't give a cr@p who leaves this summer. Over-rated............the f***ing lot of them.

#219 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:37

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ May 8 2011, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to say that i'm sick of defending players, manager and club.

Spurs have let us down this season, so many opportunities missed, and i'm blaming every f***er.

The whole lot of them have been s***e since christmas except for the 1 game in Milan. Not f***ing good enough, and i couldn't give a cr@p who leaves this summer. Over-rated............the f***ing lot of them.

On the whole, I share these sentiments. As that game progressed yesterday, I found myself coming to the conclusion that we really aren't that good. On paper the players look more than capable, with a few exceptions, but time after time since Xmas, we have been found wanting. Despite the possession, we generally looked devoid of ideas once we got anywhere near their penalty area. Had Defoe not equalised, could anyone really argue that they would not have deserved the win?
I'm so gutted, resigned, pissed-off, call it what you like, that I can barely be bothered to elaborate, but I would make two points...
1. The movement of our forwards is pretty woeful; there were a few potentially good low crosses from the left in the first half and yet Pav was miles away from all of them. If Defoe had a brain and knew how to time his run, his 'goal' in the first half would have counted. Schoolboy lesson...look across the line!
2. Gomes is his own worse enemy.
I think we are about to enter a new age in the EPL. Man City are now part of the big four and are here to stay. Last summer they parted company with 155 million...this year they can offer everything UCL football and big wages. I think the advice must be...don't rubbish the Europa League, it is probably now the realistic limit of our ambitions. crying.gif

#220 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 08 May 2011 - 16:16

Please Please can Spurs try and do something right and actually win a
game.I know we will not get that 4th place now and I was really hoping
after Man;City lost to Everton and what do we do we can't beat Blackpool
a team fighting relegation.People on this site are saying they do not mind
losing to Blackpool as our season is over.What a load of b******s all I can
say they are not true Spurs fans.I mind Spurs losing we should fight to win
every game if we had beaten Blackpool we had a chance of 4th place but
now we have to beat Man;City at their place on Tuesday and then beat
Liverpool and Birmingham and all without Bale.I really think that Harry is
not saying the right things to the press saying the team can't do this and
they can't do that.He's the manager and should be positive in what he says
about team matters and I am losing all my faith in Harry as I feel he's letting us down.
I feel we need to finish above Liverpool anyway even though I do not like the
Europa cup as you play far too many games plus the PL games and I would just
like us to fight for our PL places and try to get 4th again hopefully with new signings.

1940Spursman8...coys////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //////

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users