• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Blackpool Saturday 7 May, KO: 17:30 GMT, White Hart Lane

#21 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 16:13

Well my fellow posters what can I say. 1 we are at home and we should be able
to beat Blackpool and I have posted earlier we will win 3--0 but I did not know
the game against Man;City will be next Tuesday.
If Everton beat Man;City on Saturday and I do not see any reason why they can't
as Everton are playing quite well at the moment specially at home.
2nd If we were able to beat Man;City next Tuesday there will only be 1point
between usand then it is the team with the most bottle in the end.
I really do have a lot of faith in Spurs and as I said to my son it is not over till
the fat lady sings.If results go our way for a change specially after that debacle of
a game last Saturday with bad officials we could still steal 4th place from Man;City.
Football is a funny funny game and games you expect teams to win as dead certs
just do not always happen as I have seen this season and not only our team.
I have supported Spurs for a long long time and I will continue to do so until my
dying breath.So I will put my faith in Spurs to make a late run in at the end of the season..

1940Spursman8...coys/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //////////// cheers.gif

#22 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 May 2011 - 16:14

QUOTE (burberis @ May 4 2011, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just cant imagine how person can support barca. Such a s*** divers club.

In my view, all of the so-called 'big teams' are, to a greater or lesser extent, pretty loathsome. They all feel that they have a divine right to win and will usually stoop to any required depth in order to do so. The saving grace for Barcelona is that their current side play such delightful football, it is a joy to watch. Having said that, Mascherano is, and always has been, a scumbag; the only change that time will make on that front is that he will get older!

#23 Guest_spursk10_*

Posted 04 May 2011 - 19:10

QUOTE (GJHSpurs @ May 4 2011, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my view, all of the so-called 'big teams' are, to a greater or lesser extent, pretty loathsome. They all feel that they have a divine right to win and will usually stoop to any required depth in order to do so. The saving grace for Barcelona is that their current side play such delightful football, it is a joy to watch. Having said that, Mascherano is, and always has been, a scumbag; the only change that time will make on that front is that he will get older!

Both Real and Barca players overreact to every foul.

However, I would love to see Fergie's reaction if Chelsea win the league and Barca win CL.
MU was in position to win the treble this season just several weeks ago.

#24 Guest_c411um_*

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:32

they must be bad if cristiano ronaldo is accusing them of diving!!

anyway, back on topic...

anything other than a CONVINCING 3-0 victory and mr. levy should punch manager and all players in the face.

#25 Guest_SpursYankeeDivision_*

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:15

QUOTE (burberis @ May 4 2011, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ye i saw mascherano and busi yesterday smile.gif

grinny.gif

#26 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:22

we will draw
.. after conceding an early first half goal with their only shot on goal probably thru gomes legs or off gallas's arse

... after hitting the post 6 times, having 3 goals chalked off for offside, 5 disallowed penalty's and then a player sent off we will score in the 89th minute with a deflected shot.

... then in the 6th min of injury time gomes will save a penalty

1-1

on the other subjects

i dont now how anyone who loves football cannot appreciate barca. They are just sensational. My favorite side - yes some of them are theatrical and remind me of... Gomes.

As for Man u, - it has actually gotten so bad that i find myself hoping chelsea pip them. I cannot believe i typed that but its true. In the CL final - no contest.

#27 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:32

this post in response to what Burberis said, and I agree.

to be honest what i saw from both teams in both legs, barca, and real, they should all have been given equity cards, ive never seen so much writhing about as if in sheer agony, when all theyve done is trip over a blade of grass, I like my footy, but the players most of them (not all)are big jessies, or even cheats, the way they roll about holding their faces, their heads, when in actual fact theve been taped on the ankle, thank heavens Rugby players are not like that.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#28 Guest_FergoSpurs_*

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:00

I is a lot of IFS but IF we win this and IF Everton beat City, I confidently predict we will take fourth spot.

We have been playing pretty poorly of late but still well enough to win many of the games in which we have dropped points - see Chelski (daylight robbery) or West Brom (who the fcuk is Cox?) for inspiration.

I think if the players see some light at the end of the tunnel they will really knuckle down. Can see us beating both pool and citeh because those are the sort of glamour ties which we normally get up for.

Also, Citeh have a tougher run in than it looks - I do not fancy them against Everton or Bolton (or Stoke for that matter assuming that they do not have a reason to lose after the FA Cup).

So let's just see. Our form has been terrible, but it would be just like spurs to turn this around.

I'll predict 4-1 Spurs for this one. We really really should have enough here!

#29 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:43

I'm with Fergo. We haven't beat a team convincingly ONCE this season ! 4-2 Blackburn being our best ? Time for things to click out of nowhere, and see us get some goals. 3-1 or 4-1.

#30 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 05 May 2011 - 13:04

The thing that will frustrate me the most is if City were to lose/draw and then we fail to win. We are at home to Blackpool, yes they play attacking football but they are probably the only team that have a more open defence than us. Being spurs a comfortable win cannot be expected. Im going to predict 3-2 for us.

#31 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 05 May 2011 - 14:33

I hope your right, I suppose a clean sheet for us is out of the question. grinny.gif
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#32 Guest_FergoSpurs_*

Posted 05 May 2011 - 20:09

QUOTE (journeyman @ May 5 2011, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope your right, I suppose a clean sheet for us is out of the question. grinny.gif

"clean sheet"? What is that journeyman?

I think there is more chance of us winning the title and signing messi in the summer.

#33 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 05 May 2011 - 20:34

Apparently it is 18 games since we won a game by more than a goal.

#34 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 05 May 2011 - 20:53

QUOTE (FergoSpurs @ May 5 2011, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I is a lot of IFS but IF we win this and IF Everton beat City, I confidently predict we will take fourth spot.
We have been playing pretty poorly of late but still well enough to win many of the games in which we have dropped points - see Chelski (daylight robbery) or West Brom (who the fcuk is Cox?) for inspiration.
I think if the players see some light at the end of the tunnel they will really knuckle down. Can see us beating both pool and citeh because those are the sort of glamour ties which we normally get up for.

I admire your confidence Fergo and really want to believe, but I can't (despite being an eternal Spurs optimist) - the maths just doesn't figure now.
I can see us beating City at Eastlands, because I still don't rate them that highly and they've had much luck this season whereas we've had very little.
However, we never win at Anfield and to my despair (I despise their renaissance) they're playing pretty well.

#35 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 05 May 2011 - 21:03

QUOTE (GJHSpurs @ May 4 2011, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my view, all of the so-called 'big teams' are, to a greater or lesser extent, pretty loathsome. They all feel that they have a divine right to win and will usually stoop to any required depth in order to do so.

I very much agree with this and have done for some time.
Name any of the top teams in Europe now and you will find an inherent cynical streak in their game (to put it mildly) - be it diving, constant fouling, gamesmanship, pressuring officials.
It's a sad reflection of football that I don't think we can ever reach the top without employing some of this ourselves, we sometimes lose big games because we are too honest, almost naive... Shame on everyone!

#36 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 05 May 2011 - 21:04

Strangely, i'll be rooting for Utd, British underdogs thing i suppose. I also expect Barca to give them a lesson (which would be funny)

If it was Arse or Chelski i would root for Barca.

#37 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 05 May 2011 - 21:08

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ May 5 2011, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Strangely, i'll be rooting for Utd, British underdogs thing i suppose. I also expect Barca to give them a lesson (which would be funny)

If it was Arse or Chelski i would root for Barca.

Yeah PnR, we should all get excited about Man U earning the cash needed to buy Modric off us... If it wasn't for the Glazers paying out all that interest he'd be there already! rolleyes.gif

#38 Guest_dannymc_*

Posted 05 May 2011 - 23:27

QUOTE (EuanW @ May 5 2011, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently it is 18 games since we won a game by more than a goal.

and dont my fingernails show it !!!!!!!!

#39 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 05 May 2011 - 23:43

QUOTE (dannymc @ May 6 2011, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and dont my fingernails show it !!!!!!!!

And my heart valves... blink.gif

#40 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:33

BAE still out? I'd start this team for sat:

Cudicini

Corluka Dawson Kaboul Bale

Lennon Sandro Hudd/Modric Niko

Vdv Crouch

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »