Planet Spurs Forums: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur - Planet Spurs Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur Tuesday 10 May, KO: 19:45 GMT, City of Manchester Stadium

#21 Guest_Robspur85_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 May 2011 - 13:46

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ May 9 2011, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its an utter disgrace.

We now think the Europa League is beneath us after one season in the CL

Other fans must be pissing thamselves.

Does this mean we won't bother with the domestic cups either wtf.gif is going on.

Totally agree with this post.

I think it's a joke that Harry thinks the Uefa Cup is a waste of time.

He says that if we don't qualify we can concentrate on our league position to finish in the top 4 but doesn't he realise that next season is going to be even harder to get top 4!

When we don't qualify for the Uefa Cup this year and then finish 6th next year, what's his answer gonna be then??

Laughable!

#22 Guest_Spurious_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 14:20

As el Pichichi points out, there are a whole bunch of reasons to play in the Europa games. The money's nice, but probably doesn't make a difference one way or the other. But the added games that Harry's whining about are massive. A lot of the boys that don't make the cut on Saturdays will get to play, we'll be exposed to a lot of squads that play different styles (or just park the bus; we need to learn how to break down those too).

But I guess it could be said that 'Arry's not capable of making use of opportunities for rotation and tactical innovation.

But the most important point applies to today's match as well: IT FEELS GOOD TO WIN! I don't have much hope for a result, but the squad should be absolutely desperate to grasp for some pride. When you're taking hits and getting massacred (to switch to a boxing metaphor), you absolutely have to get some hits in.

So f*** off with the boot-room dramas, don't talk about being tired, go out there and have some fun!

And what could be more fun than winning? COYS!!!

#23 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 15:01

QUOTE (Spurious @ May 10 2011, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As el Pichichi points out, there are a whole bunch of reasons to play in the Europa games. The money's nice, but probably doesn't make a difference one way or the other. But the added games that Harry's whining about are massive. A lot of the boys that don't make the cut on Saturdays will get to play, we'll be exposed to a lot of squads that play different styles (or just park the bus; we need to learn how to break down those too).

But I guess it could be said that 'Arry's not capable of making use of opportunities for rotation and tactical innovation.

But the most important point applies to today's match as well: IT FEELS GOOD TO WIN! I don't have much hope for a result, but the squad should be absolutely desperate to grasp for some pride. When you're taking hits and getting massacred (to switch to a boxing metaphor), you absolutely have to get some hits in.

So f*** off with the boot-room dramas, don't talk about being tired, go out there and have some fun!

And what could be more fun than winning? COYS!!!

.. wish i could have said that! crying.gif

great post Clapping.gif

#24 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 10 May 2011 - 15:43

I know this sounds silly but it will anger me even more if we pull off a great performance and a win tonight!! I mean, whats the point now, it will serve little purpose now and annoy me as it will show we can do it and should have had fourth spot sealed up already!!?? Hope you all get what I mean??

#25 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 16:16

It is not just a matter of pure finances, it is all about the long-term. Right now, the difference between Spurs and mid-table mediocrity is probably about three players. If we finish fifth and qualify for the EL, we are a more attractive proposition to potential new signings, especially those who might be choosing between WHL and Anfield. As this season has shown, if you don't progress each year you don't stand still, you go backwards. I think our top players will give us one more year to progress. Thus, if we don't finish fifth this season we are less likely to secure crucial signings in the summer and hence we will go backwards next season. In all likelihood our best players will then leave next summer and we will be back to the bad old days. I wet myself with laughter when Arsenal lost in the Carling Cup final, I'm pissed off about it now.
Tonight...not confident.

#26 Guest_spursk10_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 16:21

It would be quite amazing if we actually beat MC today because we have a full house in the treatment room. Modric, Crouch, JJ are doubtful.

MC would want to secure the 4th place today and go on to play FA cup final.
If Cudicini is up for a big game, I would give him a chance.

Cudicini
Corluka Kaboul Dawson Rose
Sandro Bassong
Lennon VDV Kranjcar
Defoe

We have to keep a clean sheet and try to score on the counterattack.

#27 Guest_burberis_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 16:23

Guys I think we will win and show City how football is playing. My guess is 3-1 for us strangely.

just keep JJ away from other players

#28 Guest_SpursYankeeDivision_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 17:25

A win today would really be worth it. It would help the players moral and would help attract players in the transfer window. Our motivation might be down, but City's probably isn't beaming either, they already have the 4th spot.
Europa wouldn't be so bad. If Harry can learn to rotate the squads a little better and if the training staff stops beating the players' legs with cricket bats (or whatever they're doing), it might actually be beneficial to the squad.

#29 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 17:49

My prediction: 0-2 (Silva, Balotelli)

#30 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 18:00

starting XI - Cudicini; Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, Rose; Lennon, Palacios, Sandro, Modric; Van der Vaart; Crouch.

#31 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 18:01

substitutes - Pletikosa, Bassong, Kaboul, Kranjcar, Pienaar, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

#32 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 18:02

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...amp;part=sports

#33 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 18:07

Interesting... didn't even realise Wilson was back fit. Strength in the middle might come in useful, hope we don't get done down the flanks - Silva & Johnson vs returning Charlie & Rose... interesting. If Sandro & Wilson have good games like in Milan, we could do ok here, but slightly worried we won't carry much attacking threat tonight.

#34 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 18:14

stronger side than i thought!!.. wilson & sandro in front of the back 4!! the bash brothers!! nice1.gif

#35 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 18:17

I don't really get why we risk Modric at this point. The game against Liverpool is much more important at this stage since 4th is never going to happen, yet 5th is a must-win battle with the scousers. If we would just rest him today, play Kranjcar and have him 100% fit for Liverpool would make much more sense in my humble opinion.

#36 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 18:20

streams for anyone without sky or sopcast

http://www.footballstreaming.info/streams/todays-links/ click any browser link

http://www.freefootball.org/upcoming.php?id=a
(scroll down to our game click on it & the list will appear, any embedded link is usually ok)

#37 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 18:21

QUOTE (Stephan @ May 10 2011, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really get why we risk Modric at this point. The game against Liverpool is much more important at this stage since 4th is never going to happen, yet 5th is a must-win battle with the scousers. If we would just rest him today, play Kranjcar and have him 100% fit for Liverpool would make much more sense in my humble opinion.

Perhaps, but I think we need at least a point tonight.

#38 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 18:24

pal & sandro v de jong & kompany in center mid!! interesting.... fight fight fight fight!! grinny.gif

#39 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 18:33

Play to win every game.

Its not a revolutionry idea.

#40 Guest_SpursYankeeDivision_*

Posted 10 May 2011 - 18:38

QUOTE (Pushandrun61 @ May 10 2011, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Play to win every game.

Its not a revolutionry idea.

We better not end up with more/same number of draws than wins!

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users