• This topic is locked

Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur Sunday 15 May, KO: 16:00 GMT, Anfield Stadium

#1 Guest_Stephan_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 May 2011 - 21:17

#2 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 12 May 2011 - 21:33

To be honest, it really feels like the season's finished after the City game.

That said, I hope we can win at Anfield and make the Europa League.

#3 Guest_THFC6061_*

Posted 12 May 2011 - 22:38

Lawro's Prediction for Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday, 16:00 BST)

Liverpool just don't want the season to end and they are playing some really good football.

They are fifth and two points above Tottenham already, and I don't think Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is particularly bothered about getting into the Europa League.

For Liverpool it is slightly different and, although it is not a massive money-spinner, if they get big crowds - which they will do - you can make a profit into the double-figures of millions.

The way they will probably look at it at Anfield is to say let's get into Europe, sign a few players and aim for the top four, and then play a mixed team including a few kids in the Europa League.

As long as you don't kid the punters and make out you will be playing your strongest XI when you are not going to, then I don't see the problem with that.

Prediction: Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur

According to Lawro's predictions for the season, this would put Liverpool in 5th place on 71 points, while Spurs would be in 6th place on 65 points.

In fact, Liverpool go into the match in 5th place on 58 points while Spurs are in 6th place on 56 points.

Here are all of Lawro's 2010-11 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if his predictions were correct...

Lawro's 2010-11 Predictions

#4 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:24

Going to be one h*ll of a tough game, momentum is def with their rejuvenated side. Even Kuyt and Maxi are banging in goals regularly, Maxi in the few games he's started has scored more than some of our strikers, how embarassing! Headbanger.gif

Niko has to play, probably do a better job up front than our strikers too!

#5 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:58

I want to win this one bad, but can't see anything other than a Liverpool victory to be honest.

3-1 Liverpool crying.gif

#6 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:01

3-0 thrashing with no hope of a single goal.

#7 Guest_ChadSpurs_*

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:13

Optimistic Stephan... !

I reckon a 2-1 loss. I think Kuyt is on fire and he will score first, we will equalise but they'll score a winner in the 76th minute.

sad.gif

#8 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:14

Yea this is going to be a tough one for sure.

I have to be honest, I haven't much hope for this one although I've been masking lately by saying things like, "I think we can do it but its up to the boys to show up for it." Well, basically I'm gonna say the same thing here.

I really want this one. I want us to at least end this season on form, it would be a massive boost going into the summer and would be a great way to show our intent to any would-be signings.

Liverpool are red f***in hot right now and I've no doubt Suarez will be looking to rub some salt in our wounds! Maxi, Merieles, Kuyt, Gerrard, Spearing, the whole lot of them are dangerous these days under Dr Dags.

Is Hudd out the rest of the season? I would really love to see him and sandro start in midfield, with luka out left and lennon out right with crouch/pav and vdv up top!if not hudd why not take a crack at sandro and vdv in central midfield with luka on the left and lennon out right? we can then play crouch and pav up top, our most dangerous strikeforce i think. i feel like vdv is screaming out to play cm and the mindfulness of luka would be best to help out rose in defense.

speaking of rose, he looked good to me in every department except final ball the last few times i've seen him so if benny is out i'd like to continue that. i really like that danny rose. might have been his screamer against the scum but i'd really like to see him do well with us.

daws and gallas again although i'd like to take a look at kaboul at cb too.

charlie on the right is fine by me. hes less wasteful in possession than kaboul i find and that is worth a lot to me!

hopefully harry can find a little sub time three of niko (LM or CF), wilson (CM), defoe (ST) and/or bassong (LB). that would be nice.

if we show up, 2-1 Spurs. if we come out slow, 3-0 to Pool...

#9 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:35

QUOTE (ChadSpurs @ May 13 2011, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Optimistic Stephan... !

We're playing away mate, hence 3-0. I don't see any cause for optimism at the moment I'm afraid. It is what it is, unfortunately.

#10 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 13 May 2011 - 13:07

Depends on team selection.

If its some 1 striker punt it to crouch or vdv on the right wing bs we're gona lose for sure imo

if we play crouch and defoe, lennon on the wing, i reckon we can win

#11 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 14:20

I think the players accept the season is over, the manager has so I say a 2-1 defeat for us, hope Im wrong.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#12 Guest_spursk10_*

Posted 13 May 2011 - 15:07

Guess who is the ref for this game? Howard Webb!
Liverpool does play tough and get away with it at Anfield.
Liverpool's weakness is their back four.
They don't have any player on the bench. Joe Cole is only the big name.

Our loss to MC ended Liverpool's slim hope to CL.
A win at Anfield can end Liverpool's hope to Europa cup.

I will go with Crouch and Defoe up front.

#13 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 13 May 2011 - 15:15

I hate that man with a passion. Worst referee I have ever seen in my life!

Add to that this

#14 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 15:30

im not to fond of him neither.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#15 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 13 May 2011 - 15:34

Agree with Stephan, think we are going to lose 3-0, Liverpool are flying high and we have a manager who admitted to the press that he doesnt want europa league. This match is a strange one, I want Europa league but Id rather not have it if it means we can have a better challenge at top 4 next season. Whatever happens is fine with me to be honest lol, as long as we get some quality players in the summer.

#16 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 13 May 2011 - 15:45

QUOTE (ChrisPienaar @ May 13 2011, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree with Stephan, think we are going to lose 3-0, Liverpool are flying high and we have a manager who admitted to the press that he doesnt want europa league. This match is a strange one, I want Europa league but Id rather not have it if it means we can have a better challenge at top 4 next season. Whatever happens is fine with me to be honest lol, as long as we get some quality players in the summer.

People who say we should avoid Europa League are mad. We are a laughing stock saying we want to snub Europe's 2nd cup tournament, like we're too big for it. We haven't been in Europe for quite some years in the past and now after a season of lapping up the CL grandeur we're all of a sudden getting delusions that are more typical of our gypsie neighbours down at the new library...

Only thing that could save a result on Sunday is 'Arry's 100 bet with Alan Hansen that we would finish above the Scousers. You know the man loves his money laugh.gif

#17 Guest_Pushandrun61_*

Posted 13 May 2011 - 19:12

VDV playing CM is a thought that scares the s*** out of me, he wanders about to much.

We need a win, but a draw is more likely, think they will take the lead and we will spend the rest of the game keeping the ball but creating little, thus vulnerable to their counter attacks.

If Ledley plays...........................................maybe.

#18 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 13 May 2011 - 19:20

In fairness, I think our best chance might be a draw and to hope they drop points at Villa in their last game.

#19 Guest_spursk10_*

Posted 13 May 2011 - 21:11

QUOTE (Vinny @ May 13 2011, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fairness, I think our best chance might be a draw and to hope they drop points at Villa in their last game.

A draw will guarantee Liverpool a 5th place finish.

Someone need to remind Howard Webb that the team with the red shirt is not MU.

I'm done with hoping other teams to drop points.

Just go out, win the match, and kick some a$$es.

#20 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 13 May 2011 - 21:19

QUOTE (spursk10 @ May 13 2011, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A draw will guarantee Liverpool a 5th place finish.

Someone need to remind Howard Webb that the team with the red shirt is not MU.

I'm done with hoping other teams to drop points.

Just go out, win the match, and kick some a$$es.

If it's a draw we need to win against Birmingham and hope Liverpool lose against Villa - but sure, we need to get the job done ourselves on Sunday to save the hassle!

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users