• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur Sunday 15 May, KO: 16:00 GMT, Anfield Stadium

#21 Guest_Spurious_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 21:32

QUOTE (Stephan @ May 13 2011, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People who say we should avoid Europa League are mad. We are a laughing stock saying we want to snub Europe's 2nd cup tournament, like we're too big for it. We haven't been in Europe for quite some years in the past and now after a season of lapping up the CL grandeur we're all of a sudden getting delusions that are more typical of our gypsie neighbours down at the new library...

Only thing that could save a result on Sunday is 'Arry's 100 bet with Alan Hansen that we would finish above the Scousers. You know the man loves his money laugh.gif

I can't understand this either. So we want to qualify for CL next year. Don't we want to also prepare a team that can compete in the tournament the following year? As I've mentioned on last week's game thread, we should WANT to play games. The full squad gets game time, the manager gets to experiment with player assignments and tactics, and h*ll, we even get to sell a few tickets.

I don't get the idea that more games is necessarily a bad thing. Players can get worn out if they play too much, but I imagine they like more rather than fewer games in general. I've never played high-level football, but I've done a lot of track and ice hockey, and match days were intense, but physically they were the easiest day of the week. I realize this is a different sport, but what are they doing throughout the week that makes it so hard to play 90 minutes twice? There's no evidence other than the injuries and some players' inexplicable lack of pace, but I'm also starting to think there's something seriously wrong with our medical and training staff.

And dammit all, let's beat those scousers. Even if absolutely nothing was on the line, we should still want to stomp them! COYS!

#22 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:56

Cant see it happening somehow though.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#23 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 14 May 2011 - 15:44

QUOTE (Spurious @ May 13 2011, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't understand this either. So we want to qualify for CL next year. Don't we want to also prepare a team that can compete in the tournament the following year? As I've mentioned on last week's game thread, we should WANT to play games. The full squad gets game time, the manager gets to experiment with player assignments and tactics, and h*ll, we even get to sell a few tickets.

I don't get the idea that more games is necessarily a bad thing. Players can get worn out if they play too much, but I imagine they like more rather than fewer games in general. I've never played high-level football, but I've done a lot of track and ice hockey, and match days were intense, but physically they were the easiest day of the week. I realize this is a different sport, but what are they doing throughout the week that makes it so hard to play 90 minutes twice? There's no evidence other than the injuries and some players' inexplicable lack of pace, but I'm also starting to think there's something seriously wrong with our medical and training staff.

And dammit all, let's beat those scousers. Even if absolutely nothing was on the line, we should still want to stomp them! COYS!

real spit, need that 5th spot

& need to put these scousers in their place

#24 Guest_GJHSpurs_*

Posted 14 May 2011 - 18:10

It all depends on how much we want it...they will certainly be up for it, that's for sure. We need to avoid conceding a stupid early goal, which given our track record, will not be easy. Experience tells me that we are likely to get our fair share of possession but do sod all with it. Given this, I say to h*ll with the pretty football; play Crouch, VDV and Defoe, hit high balls in there and hope the two smaller fellas get on the end of the big man's knock downs. Even if they don't, chances are Carragher will probably help out. grinny.gif

#25 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 14 May 2011 - 18:16

Let's go gung-ho with a 4-3-3 frenzy. Who cares at this point. We need goals more than anything to win this.

Gomes

Corluka Dawson Kaboul Rose

Sandro Huddlestone
Modric

Van der Vaart
Crouch Pav

#26 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 14 May 2011 - 18:24

I think King might get a start.

#27 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 20:10

As a devout Spurs supporter I would love to say we will win this game
but with the way Liverpool are playing I can only see a loss to us but
I will not predict by how much as it depends what Spurs team turns up.
I always read the posters on here Journeyman--Stephan and all the others
and who is predicting a win for us and I think it is sad with two games to go
and the Manager appears to think our season is over and the way the players
have been playing some of them think so to.So I can only say if we are not
pleasantly surprised by our next two results then we will all be waiting for the
start of next season.
I will be looking for your posts next season gentleman all of you so in the
meantime have a good summer.

1940Spursman8...coys forever.////////////////////////////////////////////////// cheers.gif

#28 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:45

I would just go for something completely new!

Gomes

-Kaboul Dawson King -

-Lennon Sandro Huddleston Rose-

------- Modric-------

- Crouch - VDV-

3-5-1-2

Play Lennon and Rose as Wing Backs; 3 centre backs; 2 holding midfielders; Modric in attacking midfielder role and Crouch & Rafa up front!

#29 Guest_Vinny_*

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:00

Apparently it's looking increasingly likely we'll qualify for the Europa League through the fair play table. First qualifying round at the end of june. We definitely don't want that, so have to win!

#30 Guest_burberis_*

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:44

Today I was dreaming that Defoe will score a hatrick. Hope my dream comes true lol.

#31 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:51

Just to get warmed-up: Ajax are playing FC Twente in a direct clash to decide who will become the champions of Holland. Cracking game, Ajax all over Twente.

AJAX AMSTERDAM!!! champions.gif

Watch Live

#32 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:56

QUOTE (Stephan @ May 15 2011, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to get warmed-up: Ajax are playing FC Twente in a direct clash to decide who will become the champions of Holland. Cracking game, Ajax all over Twente.

AJAX AMSTERDAM!!! champions.gif

Watch Live

nice link cheers mate

#33 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 15 May 2011 - 13:16

If Ebecilio wasn't such a s*** shooter of the ball we would've been up 2-0 at least by now. Still playing very good

#34 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 15 May 2011 - 13:36

Crazy game in Amsterdam!

2-0 after just 1 minute in the 2nd half after an own goal. Then 2-1 straight from the kick off courtesy of a Janssen thunderbolt.

Come on Ajax! No way we'll slip up this time! That 3rd star is so important!

#35 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 15 May 2011 - 14:16

QUOTE (burberis @ May 15 2011, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Today I was dreaming that Defoe will score a hatrick. Hope my dream comes true lol.

On current form the only place this is likely to happen my friend is "Fantasy Island"
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#36 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 15 May 2011 - 14:25

starting XI - Cudicini; Kaboul, Dawson, King, Rose; Lennon, Modric, Sandro, Pienaar; Van der Vaart; Crouch.

#37 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 15 May 2011 - 14:25

CHAMPIONS!!!!! champions.gif

19 is for pussies! 30th championship for Ajax!

30 = 3 Stars

JALALALALLALALALAAAAAA AJAX AMSTERDAMM!!! yahoo.gif

#38 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 15 May 2011 - 14:26

subs at Anfield - Pletikosa, Bassong, Bostock, Kranjcar, Livermore, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko

#39 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 15 May 2011 - 14:28

QUOTE (Stephan @ May 15 2011, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CHAMPIONS!!!!! champions.gif

19 is for pussies! 30th championship for Ajax!

30 = 3 Stars

JALALALALLALALALAAAAAA AJAX AMSTERDAMM!!! yahoo.gif

Well done AJAX AMSTERDAM!!! always had a soft spot for them

#40 Guest_Lijien_*

Posted 15 May 2011 - 14:28

excited bostock and livermore on the bench, hope they get time.

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users