Planet Spurs Forums: Tottenham Hotspur vs Birmingham City - Planet Spurs Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham Hotspur vs Birmingham City Sunday 22 May, KO: 16:00 GMT, White Hart Lane

#161 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:12

QUOTE (burberis @ May 22 2011, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys that do you think about Foster? Today he was really good.

let tommo answer that one for you!

i thought he was really good today but i haven't seen much of brum this season and it would be more appropriate for someone else who has seen em more to comment...

#162 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:13

QUOTE (EuanW @ May 22 2011, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep - wanted Blackpool and Brummies down and Wigan to survive !

My hope was Wigan to stay up. They're such a small club that punch well above their weight season after season without trying to kick lumps out of opponents every week. Their manager wants to play proper football and thankfully it proves that doing so pays out eventually, claiming a victory over a scrappy team like Birmingham in the relegation fight.

I don't have much sympathy for Wolves cause I don't like their brand of football, but because Craig supports them I'll give them another go. I wonder if McCarthy will still be there next season.

#163 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:13

QUOTE (Lijien @ May 22 2011, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks like blackpool to europa too, due to fair play with Fulham getting a red today

haha awesome! two europa-championship teams!

#164 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:14

Could we get Seb Larsson on a free as a substitute for Niko? He would be good for sub and rotation puprposes. Great free kick to boot.

#165 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:15

QUOTE (Stephan @ May 22 2011, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could we get Seb Larsson on a free as a substitute for Niko? He would be good for sub and rotation puprposes. Great free kick to boot.

i was thinking the same thing but shouldn't we be aiming higher?

on the plus side i bet he'd never b!tch about playing time...

#166 Guest_Dezzer_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:18

Happy days. Wigan deserved to stay up. Shame about Blackpool. But I also think Wolves deserved to stay up. I've seena lot of their games and they're very unlucky. Some games they dominated and either lost or drew. So all in all I was glad they stayed up.

#167 Guest_burberis_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:21

QUOTE (Stephan @ May 22 2011, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Scum bottled it again today. You just gotta love it! lmao.gif

Look at this now
Spurs 62 points
ars*nal 68

Now , if we had won against arsenal (draw 3-3) and referee hadnt stole 3 points against chelsea. So it would be equal with points... And we have to remember game like blackpool draw. Ffs we really could have been in CL...

#168 Guest_Tozyola_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:22

No point dwelling on UCL, we played well today and a great end to the season!

COME ON YOU SPURS

#169 Guest_spursk10_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:25

QUOTE (Lijien @ May 22 2011, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
best thing about wolves staying up, they may buy ohara

They love O'Hara but can they afford him?
We will sell O'Hara to the highest bidder.

#170 Guest_Lijien_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:26

they bought hunt a year or 2 ago for decent money, think they could take ohara..

#171 Guest_spursk10_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:28

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ May 22 2011, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was thinking the same thing but shouldn't we be aiming higher?

on the plus side i bet he'd never b!tch about playing time...

He's not good enough. Rose had him cover easily.

#172 Guest_spursk10_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:32

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ May 22 2011, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i thought he was really good today but i haven't seen much of brum this season and it would be more appropriate for someone else who has seen em more to comment...

Stekelenburg would be a huge signing. Foster would be the next option. I think Foster is a decent option but we shouldn't be pay above market price for him.

#173 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:37

I just bumped into this on Veetle:

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4dd2dd48b0291

Man U fans calling in are hilarious. This one bloke just said:

"In a weeks time people will be saying: Messi who? Chicharito and Rooney 2 both and we'll bring the cup back to Manchester"

lmao.gif

If I had to put a £50 note down at the bookies I'd put it on Barça to win with 2 goal margin. Man U are no match to the best team in Europe at the moment. No chance in h*ll they'll win the Champions League.

#174 Guest_spursk10_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:47

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ May 22 2011, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PAV STAYSSS!!!

MAGNIFICENT!!!!

First goal is class. The second one is pure luck. Pav is a bit lucky because defense usually don't leave a striker so wide open. My opinion of Pav is that he can score goals if he had time and space but the rest of his game is cr@p.

I thought Defoe plays better today. He did well holding the ball and passing the ball. Probably should get a PK for the foul in the box. One time he almost beat like four players in an attack run.

#175 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 18:24

QUOTE (SevenSteps2Kevin @ May 22 2011, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When Foster's good he's really good, but I wasn't impressed that he was apparently out til 4am in the last week with a relegation decider looming, and he can be a bit unpredictable/rash in his decision-making.
Well done Robbo but the positioning here is dire, he had the entire length of the pitch to prevent misjudging this one...

I too want Stekelenburg - he'd be expensive, but in such a key position the money spent is well worth it!

#176 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 18:29

QUOTE (spursk10 @ May 22 2011, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First goal is class. The second one is pure luck. Pav is a bit lucky because defense usually don't leave a striker so wide open. My opinion of Pav is that he can score goals if he had time and space but the rest of his game is cr@p.

I thought Defoe plays better today. He did well holding the ball and passing the ball. Probably should get a PK for the foul in the box. One time he almost beat like four players in an attack run.

gotta say, defoe's first half was pretty woeful i think. he just doesn't look that effective to me. he definitely got better after pav scored but i wonder how much had to do with brum changing into attack mode? i will have to watch the game on replay to figure this out i guess...

#177 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 20:01

The last game of the season and we come out with a good result
pity we have not played like this all season as I feel we would have
ended up in the CL instead of the Europa cup.
Just need 2 or 3 new decent signings and we will be raring to go.

Have a good summer all you good posters and see you next Season.

1940Spursman8...coys///////////////////////////////////////////////////// cheers.gif

#178 Guest_SevenSteps2Kevin_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 20:15

see you next season? my man, this is the start of what we would call the "hot stove" league here in the states!

transfer speculation abounds! intrigue around every corner!

#179 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 20:57

Seasons over, but licking my lips in anticipation for summer transfer activity and the build up to next! Have to admit even with all the Arry bashing, this has been one of our best seasons even though we didn't get that 4th spot the future is very bright for the Mighty Hotspurs, 5th place + 1/4 finals in our first Champions League, we can only grow stronger and learn from our mistakes. Great news about Levy being firm on key/star players staying i.e. Bale and Modders and as I said before with a few top class re-inforcements in our squad and getting rid of dead wood we will hopefully step up and be more successful. To think I used to watch the likes of Mauricio Taricco & Gary Doherty when I was young and now to Modric, Rafa Van Der Vaart etc and mixing it up with the big boys is pretty damn special!

Future's bright my yids, the future's the hotspurs wink.gif

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory." - Bill Nicholson

#180 Guest_Raj_*

Posted 22 May 2011 - 21:03

Nice to send a team down.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users