Planet Spurs Forums: Why Keano Why? - Planet Spurs Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why Keano Why? Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Crazy Yiddo_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 November 2006 - 23:38

Is it just me or has Robbie Keane stopped doing his trademark somersault?

He has netted a few times this season but he hasnt done it at all! Not even when he scored the hat trick for Rep Of Ireland??

Cmon Keano!! Quit holding out on us!! Cant give up your trademark!

#2 Guest_grouch_*

Posted 17 November 2006 - 00:12

I think he's been warned off it incase of injury.

Also............... it's prettylame compared to lua Lua, earnshaw and others.

#3 Guest_Supersub_*

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:59

I think hes just grown up a bit tongue.gif

#4 Guest_Lew_*

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:00

I used to love it when he celebrated in such a quality way though. I used to just hope he'd score so I could see him celebrate lol.

#5 Guest_UpTheSpurs_*

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:00

I've heard that he never does the celebration after he's scored against a team he used to play for, out of respect apparently.

Would be good if he did stop doing, increases the risk of injury alot when he does it.

#6 Guest_grouch_*

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:09

QUOTE (UpTheSpurs @ Nov 17 2006, 09:00 AM)
I've heard that he never does the celebration after he's scored against a team he used to play for, out of respect apparently.

That's true but when did he last play for San Marino? tongue.gif

#7 Guest_UpTheSpurs_*

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:22

QUOTE (grouch @ Nov 17 2006, 09:09 AM)
QUOTE (UpTheSpurs @ Nov 17 2006, 09:00 AM)

That's true but when did he last play for San Marino? tongue.gif

laugh.gif He's got Dual Nationality. He played a few friendly games for San Marino before playing for ROI tongue.gif

#8 Guest_Supersub_*

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:39

Yeah but to be honest last season he only did it when he scored a good goal or one of importance.
Goal against blackburn/ones vs west brom etc...all celebrated in style
but like when he scored the easy goals he didnt do it unlike the old days when he used to do it alot even if it was a shite goal.
Hes a great payer, n i think will go down a spurs ledgend..i can see him reaching the 100goal milestone for spurs...We is a free role player...runs for the team and often see him running back to defence to help etc...
One of the most consistant and best spurs players of recient years...

#9 Guest_Dan_JM_*

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:49

this is the longest he has ever been at a club so it is the best he would have settled into a club.

i think as he feels at home at the lane he doesnt feel he has to do it anyway. the fans love him anyway. i think it is better when he just holds his arms out in front of the yids.

#10 Guest_Supersub_*

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:56

best one was last season whenwe played villa and he scored that cracking goal n just lost it...
If anything the time when he was left out the team was a period that changed him in a way, he came out from it alot more..like...wiser for it, he was offerd the chance to leave and he turned it down and just worked on getting back into the team and i think hes our smarted and best attacking player in the squad at the moment

#11 Guest_Dan_JM_*

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:57

he doesnt feel he needs to anymore

tho he might do it if he scores a vital winner in the match at the emirates in a few weeks...

#12 Guest_Supersub_*

Posted 17 November 2006 - 10:00

All pens appart from one hes taken for spurs hes scored,and hes the one he missed was the only one he didnt put it to the left of the goalie.
Looking at it even whent he goalies guess the right way they cant seem to save them cos he puts spin on them to it just spinns of there gloves.
90th min, gooners vs spurs. wouldnt mind a bit of keano from the pen spot to win us the game 5-6 tongue.gif

#13 Guest_Daniel_*

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:43

i reckon his not doing it in fear of injury. or he just thinks it looks lame now and has stopped. But i liked it.

#14 Guest_Crazy Yiddo_*

Posted 18 November 2006 - 00:22

all i know is i dont care if he looks silly. and he hasnt caused himself an injury before! so why worry now!!

its such a shame if he really has given it up. i absolutley loved seeing keano do his trademark celebration, its part of what makes him a Lane Legend.

#15 Guest_Supersub_*

Posted 18 November 2006 - 00:31

i think what people meen is ' hes got character' ? tongue.gif

#16 Guest_smiley_spur_*

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:41

i think he doesnt want it to become a cliche (if its not to late) and ehs saing it up

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users