Planet Spurs Forums: Antonio Pedroza Whitham - Planet Spurs Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Antonio Pedroza Whitham Second signing of the summer ?

#1 Guest_EuanW_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:17

Looks like our scouting network may not be dead after all. Quite a few links for good foreign youth talent cropping up now, which is great as we should always be concerting some efforts towards finding the next big star. This ones looking like it may be done, but you can never tell...

Tottenham are making Mexican striker Antonio Pedroza Whitham their first signing of the summer window – as boss Harry Redknapp raids Latin America.

Spurs supremo Daniel Levy sent a delegation to Jaguares to thrash out a deal for the striker, who is half-English and was born in Chester, and has agreed a four-year contract.

Pedroza Whitham, 20, will cost under £1million as his contract at the Mexican club had expired.

The low-key swoop – first revealed by the Mirror two weeks ago – may surprise White Hart Lane fans, who have been waiting for a major capture.

Spurs had to go to Mexico to land Pedroza Whitham, as Mexican side Cruz Azul thought they had agreed a £1.3m fee for him.

The starlet’s mum and sister still live in Cheshire.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-n...l#ixzz1QiYkmOht

Video in article. Here's another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6CEQh_hzGk...player_embedded

Looks lightning quick and has a good leap on him. Could be our Chicarito !

#2 Guest_White_Hart_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:28

Does look like an up n coming talent and I'm glad our club is looking towards the future, but my main concern is that we might settle on mediocre signings that won't help us while we still have the players to compete. It won't be long before our stars depart if we don't contend with the other big clubs of europe for signings.

We must show ambition for the future on and off the pitch and that means major investment on big money buys along with scouting new up and comings. I truly hope that Arry and Levvy come up top trumps this window, if they don't we should get ready for a hard season with a lack of goals.

#3 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:49

Its good for the futere, but we as said above must have the correct signings to hopefully reassure the players we have to want to stay.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#4 Guest_David_Jeenola_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:54

Forgive me for being cynical but I am a bit dubious when it comes to us signing youngsters unless they are already established. Wiki is already saying he's a spurs player, hope he is class and can develop under us. Arry and the board are getting players for the europa league (under 21's don't need to be registered) laugh.gif

#5 Guest_Go Team_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:10

QUOTE (David_Jeenola @ Jun 30 2011, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forgive me for being cynical but I am a bit dubious when it comes to us signing youngsters unless they are already established. Wiki is already saying he's a spurs player, hope he is class and can develop under us. Arry and the board are getting players for the europa league (under 21's don't need to be registered) laugh.gif

Chichirito did alright at united and who'd heard of him before last year. WEveryones got to make there break through somewhere. Why not at the lane!

I'm happier to bring in some new blood rather than just keep hunting for the established striker we all want. Hopefully we get both, but a guy with potential is better than nothing!

#6 Guest_burberis_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:15

2007–2011 Jaguares 12 (9)
wtf? During 4years 12apps?

#7 Guest_El Pichichi_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:50

QUOTE (burberis @ Jun 30 2011, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2007–2011 Jaguares 12 (9)
wtf? During 4years 12apps?

Antonio Pedroza was actually born in Chester, England. He made his youth formation as a player in Chelsea and Arsenal... He didn't make it in any of these football club's academy and, as his father is mexican, he went to Mexico to play.

He made his debut for Jaguares in 2007, when 16 years old. Being too young to hold a place, he never played again until 2010.

He made 2 matches in Apertura 2010, as a substitute; 8 matches in Clausura 2011, three as a substitute; and made 6 matches in Copa Libertadores, all as a substitute, scoring 3 important goals in Jaguares' amazing run to the Quarter-Finals.
Overall, he has 963 minutes played in official matches, with 3 goals scored.

He's supposedly a great upcoming talent.

Hope it helps.
Just passing on what i know... wink1.gif

#8 Guest_White_Hart_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:14

I'm just hoping it's just not another Dos Santos story, big news of his talent but never to see it while he plays for spurs. Just another name and face we occasionally view on the bench if lucky from time to time, then loan out etc ...

I don't want to put downers on things, but QPR didn't do to bad with a certain ignored name eh?

hu humm Taarabt!

#9 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:23

that just goes to prove that the lack of chances given to him was our down fall, he got game time at qpr and now look at him!!!!
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#10 Guest_burberis_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:25

QUOTE (White_Hart @ Jun 30 2011, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm just hoping it's just not another Dos Santos story, big news of his talent but never to see it while he plays for spurs. Just another name and face we occasionally view on the bench if lucky from time to time, then loan out etc ...

I don't want to put downers on things, but QPR didn't do to bad with a certain ignored name eh?

hu humm Taarabt!

Lol. Dos Santos is 100x better than Perdoza. He dont got to england u20 team , which is full of league one players

#11 Guest_El Pichichi_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:27

QUOTE (El Pichichi @ Jun 30 2011, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Antonio Pedroza was actually born in Chester, England. He made his youth formation as a player in Chelsea and Arsenal... He didn't make it in any of these football club's academy and, as his father is mexican, he went to Mexico to play.

He made his debut for Jaguares in 2007, when 16 years old. Being too young to hold a place, he never played again until 2010.

He made 2 matches in Apertura 2010, as a substitute; 8 matches in Clausura 2011, three as a substitute; and made 6 matches in Copa Libertadores, all as a substitute, scoring 3 important goals in Jaguares' amazing run to the Quarter-Finals.

He's supposedly a great upcoming talent.

Hope it helps.
Just passing on what i know... wink1.gif

Apparently, the player himself has confirmed he'll be going to Tottenham, on ESPN and Radio Fórmula.

#12 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:29

Absolute load of drivel being written in this thread, you can't please some people !

Firstly, don't let the lack of bigger signings affect your judgement on this one. The club simply must be trying to find the next stars of the future, before they become too expensive, so this kind of approach shows were are doing that. A lot of the complaining after January was to do with this, and a fear about our scouting network being non existent.

Forgive me for being cynical but I am a bit dubious when it comes to us signing youngsters unless they are already established

wtf.gif

He made his youth formation as a player in Chelsea and Arsenal... He didn't make it in any of these football club's academy and, as his father is mexican, he went to Mexico to play.

Not strictly true. He went to Mexico to live at the age of two years old. I doubt he'd had trials at Arsenal and Chelsea by then laugh.gif
He came over from Mexico for brief trials at both those clubs.

It'll help if he isn't a pisshead.

hu humm Taarabt!

It'll help if he doesn't already think he is a superstar at the age of 17, and actually tries to adapt and improve in an effort to get in our team. Taarabt didn't try to change or adapt at all, he simply stood there and thought he should be in our team because of his dribbling skill. No effort on his part was made to learn more about the game or work on his distribution/passing etc. You can see it all in his quotes about our club, including the one where he says he wished he'd played for Arsenal instead. Anyways, current management isn't to blame, Jol should've got this kid out on loan immediately when he came instead of him running down two years of his contract before ven going somewhere for regular games.

Sorry guys, but the pessimism in here is UGLY !!

#13 Guest_Stephan_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:31

What a waste of money...

If you fail at both Chelsea and The Scum...you're just another David Bentley waiting to happen laugh.gif

Can't help but feel the scouts got their Whitham and Wickham mixed up either grinny.gif

I can't get upbeat about this signing to be honest. Nothing proves he has what it takes. Those 3 goals in 963 is pretty p!ss poor (average 321 minutes per goal. Sure Defoe was even better this season).

What should guys like Kane and Bostock feel about this singing? Why should this totally unknown kid slide in front of them in the pecking order while those 2 boys already spent quiet some time at Spurs, got a lot of time invested in them, and are obviously more accustomed and trained in the Spurs style of play. Sorry but I cant see what the added value is of signing Whitham.

#14 Guest_JackN17_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:05

Antwhonow Pedwhatza Whithuh? Never heard of this guy up until now, we don't need to sign players worth ~£1m, we need to be looking at players who cost at least 20 times that. Also, if this guy was released by his club then he can't be any good in the first place. Bad move, Levy. I'm also slightly pissed at this signing for the reason that we probably won't be getting Leandro now as we've already got the 'young' striker prospect. angry2.gif

#15 Guest_TommoSpur_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:09

QUOTE (JackN17 @ Jun 30 2011, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Antwhonow Pedwhatza Whithuh? Never heard of this guy up until now, we don't need to sign players worth ~£1m, we need to be looking at players who cost at least 20 times that. Also, if this guy was released by his club then he can't be any good in the first place. Bad move, Levy. I'm also slightly pissed at this signing for the reason that we probably won't be getting Leandro now as we've already got the 'young' striker prospect. angry2.gif

Doubt very much that this deal is in place of Leandro, he'll be a low cost second team player with potential.
It'll cost us peanuts and we obviously think he's worth a shot.

#16 Guest_JackN17_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:13

QUOTE (TommoSpur @ Jun 30 2011, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doubt very much that this deal is in place of Leandro, he'll be a low cost second team player with potential.
It'll cost us peanuts and we obviously think he's worth a shot.

Hope you're right here, Leandro in my opinion has the potential to go really far and we'd be really stupid to ignore him when we've got that relationship thing going with Internacional.

#17 Guest_White_Hart_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:23

QUOTE (EuanW @ Jun 30 2011, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It'll help if he doesn't already think he is a superstar at the age of 17, and actually tries to adapt and improve in an effort to get in our team. Taarabt didn't try to change or adapt at all, he simply stood there and thought he should be in our team because of his dribbling skill. No effort on his part was made to learn more about the game or work on his distribution/passing etc. You can see it all in his quotes about our club, including the one where he says he wished he'd played for Arsenal instead. Anyways, current management isn't to blame, Jol should've got this kid out on loan immediately when he came instead of him running down two years of his contract before ven going somewhere for regular games.

Sorry guys, but the pessimism in here is UGLY !!

I wish I had your faith in this transfer window, it sounds like you believe that everything is going to be a-ok! I'm sure you had something to say about the Jan window, when our scouts, management and board failed to sign someone, even though it was completely obvious to a smooth brain gooner that we needed a hitman!

Dos Santos hasn't been given a chance at Spurs and neither was Taarabt, that's simply fact. Harry is too stuck in his ways imo to of let either player free flow and show off what they can bring to the game how they play. Where as VDV was allowed to come to Tottenham and do what ever he liked and wasn't restricted to any place on the pitch. Yes VDV is proven and I'm also aware he is in a class of his own, but at times his fluctuating positioning was a terrible idea!

Dos Santos and Taarabt don't fit into Harry's plans and that's the only reason neither are or were being played. Taarabt shines at QPR simply because he is given the chance and freedom to play his game.

Fans are expecting somethng that will work right away fo next season and it's obvious that's expected since we lost out on CL qualification due to the lack of a jan transfer.

I'm starting to get worried with the lack of solid news of our interest in anyone and hate the thougt that Pav, Defoe and Crouch will be the geezas upfront for us next season sad.gif

#18 Guest_JackN17_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:31

QUOTE (White_Hart @ Jun 30 2011, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm starting to get worried with the lack of solid news of our interest in anyone and hate the thougt that Pav, Defoe and Crouch will be the geezas upfront for us next season sad.gif

Now that Pav's gone, it'll probably be Defoe, Crouch and Keane. Headbanger.gif

#19 Guest_EuanW_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:34

Eurgh it gets worse.....

can't get upbeat about this signing to be honest. Nothing proves he has what it takes. Those 3 goals in 963 is pretty p!ss poor (average 321 minutes per goal. Sure Defoe was even better this season).

Judging whether youngsters are good or not by looking purely at a bunch of stats. Stats aren't that important at this stage, its the raw ability that is. This guy has lighting quick pace. He has 3 goals in the Libertadores this season. One is a great header, the other a great finish after an electric turn of pace. The glimpes show a lot of promise.

What should guys like Kane and Bostock feel about this singing? Why should this totally unknown kid slide in front of them in the pecking order while those 2 boys already spent quiet some time at Spurs, got a lot of time invested in them, and are obviously more accustomed and trained in the Spurs style of play. Sorry but I cant see what the added value is of signing Whitham.

Bostock is a midfielder, Kane is 17 and not quite there yet. He's also a very different type of striker. I'm really not understanding this at all. You either want our scouting network to be plucking out talent from the globe OR you don't. It can't be both.

Antwhonow Pedwhatza Whithuh? Never heard of this guy up until now, we don't need to sign players worth ~£1m, we need to be looking at players who cost at least 20 times that

Madness. We need a couple of established stars, and we need to keep looking to the future. Given our club has more than a staff of two people I think we can manage to do both at the same time.

lso, if this guy was released by his club then he can't be any good in the first place. Bad move, Levy. I'm also slightly pissed at this signing for the reason that we probably won't be getting Leandro now as we've already got the 'young' striker prospect.

If your going to post complete s***e, at least get your facts right. He chose to let his contract run down so he could move onto another club. Jaguares very much wanted him to stay. The biggest club in Mexico were also trying to sign him before we stepped in. This signing will not have any bearing on the Leandro one.

I can scarcely believe this thread. A mere 1m for a young, lightning quick striker from Mexico who could turn out to be s*** hot and you are all complaining. He could turn into a Hernandez or Gameiro with the pace he has. At the very least, we will recoup whatever we spend on him.

I'm actually disgusted by this thread now, there is no pleasing some people.

[

#20 Guest_White_Hart_*

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:40

QUOTE (EuanW @ Jun 30 2011, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm actually disgusted by this thread now, there is no pleasing some people.

Did someone sh!t the bed this morning? lol Chillax baby, forums are there to hear other peoples opinions and discuss, your heading for a stroke wink.gif

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users