• This topic is locked

Tottenham vs Everton Game in hand

#41 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:24

and on a football note - don't think anyone could forget this:

An Ekotto skills and goals compilation would look well impressive, just the goals part wouldn't be very long lol

#42 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:19

Thanks for the post mate appreciate what you say, i dont actually deliberatly side with anyone, i was just making the point that no one else had raised the issue and enough had posted on the thread, some of us admitadly are more of a sensative nature than others i understand that, but in footy or most sport there is some chants name calling etc, and mostly its harmless banter but i do understand that some may be offended, like you when i call Arry wobbly chops, for me thats exactly what he is, but in no way have i ever derided what hes done and acheived at our club, me like others have also questioned his lofic at times, and yes i will call him wobbly chops because that what he is with the media you cant beleive a word he says. Any way thanks for your comments ,taken on board, but i'll not change now. :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#43 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:20

View Posttomtom85, on 12 January 2012 - 10:24, said:

and on a football note - don't think anyone could forget this:

An Ekotto skills and goals compilation would look well impressive, just the goals part wouldn't be very long lol

Cheers for that mate thanks. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#44 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:33

View Postspecial yid, on 12 January 2012 - 09:44, said:

Anyway.... Back to footballing matters!! What a great performance by all, especially Modric VDV and Ekotto!! Those 3 were truelly sensational!!

Glad to see us get a clean sheet (journeyman will be happy) and also to see that even 2-0 up with ten to go we were pushing for more goals!! 3 points against Wolves and we will go to Citeh with real "belief" which is the key according to Mr Redknapp!!

COYS COYS COYS!!!!!!!

Nice one special yep me very happy now love me clean sheets, it for me gives a keeper confidence, the back line confidence, the surges through the whole team i feel, and its better for our goal average, watch out Fergie we are after your second spot now. COYS!!!! :champions: :dancing: :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#45 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:44

I caught an interview with Livermore earlier and he says that Benny is always shooting in training and stays after everyone else to practice free kicks etc. Hes a great professional who does his job to the best of his ability. Although in that interview some time ago he said football wasnt his passion I think what he meant was his life doesnt revolve around football. He has other interests and hobbies and doesnt think about football 24/7. No one can say that he doesnt love his job just look at how happy he was with his goal and he is always one of the first to celebrate with whoever has scored for us. Livermore calls him the best left back in the league and bar possibly evra im inclined to agree with him. He has his odd moment or two where he loses concentration but overall he is a great left back. Congrats on the goal Benny!

#46 Guest_Irving Squalor_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:14

This all goes back to an out of context quote Benny gave when it was reported he didn't care about football, it was just a job. It wasn't true then & isn't now. I never noticed him until that Liverpool match, since then though, he's been one of my most rated players in the side.

He's pacy, strong, loves taking players on & has a cannon for a shooting foot. The only weakness in his game is an occasional lapse in concentration - like Titus Bramble watered down 90%. Top boy is Benny.

#47 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 12 January 2012 - 14:35

I like the guy a lot.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#48 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 12 January 2012 - 16:38

View Posttomtom85, on 12 January 2012 - 10:22, said:

In all honesty I don't like the Elephant Washer comments either and don't give me the whole elephant washer is white at the local zoo, people know what the connotations are or they choose to ignore them. If it's not actually meant to be racist by OGY the people who came up with the original chant where they say his dad washes elephants and also call his mum a whore clearly meant it to be.

I generally choose to ignore when OGY does something I don't agree with, much like I don't complain every time Journo calls Harry Wobbly Chops and complains about him despite our current performances for three reasons:
1) I greatly appreciate many of their other contributions
2) Loads of people on the site throws a s*** fit every time OGY threatens to leave
3) It's a f***ing internet site, take the good from it and ignore the bad. Life's too short.

On another note though Journeyman - I think you do a great job on this site, but am pretty sure that continually taking the side of OGY when he offends other people so that he doesn't leave is probably going to lose you more members in the end.

OGY - can you explain why you call Ade Elephant Washer if you personally don't intend it to have racial connotations?

sorry mate i dont need to explain myself to you or anyone.. but just for you take my quip "elephant washer" as a term of endearment towards the mercenary much in the same way we spurs fans call each other "yids"
get a sense of humour mate ffs as you said its only a f***ing internet site! & your right life is too short.

#49 User is offline   spursdub10 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2012 - 17:20

View Postold grey yid, on 12 January 2012 - 16:38, said:

sorry mate i dont need to explain myself to you or anyone.. but just for you take my quip "elephant washer" as a term of endearment towards the mercenary much in the same way we spurs fans call each other "yids"
get a sense of humour mate ffs as you said its only a f***ing internet site! & your right life is too short.

"Mercenary" Why? How? He is our current striker who although the goals have dried up has been instrumental in our current great season. You don't like him OGY, we get it, but why not put a sock in it for a while.

#50 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 12 January 2012 - 17:38

View Postspursdub10, on 12 January 2012 - 17:20, said:

"Mercenary" Why? How? He is our current striker who although the goals have dried up has been instrumental in our current great season. You don't like him OGY, we get it, but why not put a sock in it for a while.

i was fishing!!... pulled in a big one straight away... did i forget to add the line earlier about people having a sense of humour!!

#51 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 12 January 2012 - 18:40

Love all this banter. :welcome:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#52 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 January 2012 - 20:17

View Postold grey yid, on 12 January 2012 - 16:38, said:

Term of endearment my arse - you used that term for him when you were being very vocal about disapproving of us buying him

#53 Guest_vdvaart-legend_*

Posted 12 January 2012 - 20:52

We looked a lot better with Lennon back and VDV in his more accustomed central/roaming role.
If we win on saty we go joint top !

#54 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 12 January 2012 - 21:07

and that mate would be brillliant, bring it on.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#55 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:01

View Posttomtom85, on 12 January 2012 - 20:17, said:

Term of endearment my arse - you used that term for him when you were being very vocal about disapproving of us buying him

quite right so why didnt you make it known then or make a song & dance about it then instead of waiting to jump into someone elses argument now if it offended you so much!

you could have opened your mouth even earlier!!..songs with the elephant washing verse attaining to the player had been sung for seasons before in the pubs & clubs around the ground & very much inside the ground as well but i guess it was ok then & pretty much ignored as harmless abuse of an opposing player because he didnt play for us!!.
but i dare say you where one of those "it wasn't me" types although i disticntly remember it being about the loudest song sung on many occasions when the ground & pubs around the ground where full in games with him as an opponent & especially strongly when he played for arsenal &it was sung by all races & creeds!!!.
i cant recall you making any statement of dissapproval then!.

if any club & group of fans within a club have had the race issue thrown at them over the years by other fans its thfc... we turned the yid chant & abuse & the abuse of our jewish connections & support from a negative to a positive so much so that only a few opposing w***ers & real racists now call us "yids" in a derogartary term
i was on the front line of that fighting with the then nf outside the lane when they where trying to recruit.

its football banter ffs!.. grow some b******s & stop being such sensitve pc p***k.

#56 User is offline   spursdub10 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:40

View Postold grey yid, on 12 January 2012 - 17:38, said:

i was fishing!!... pulled in a big one straight away... did i forget to add the line earlier about people having a sense of humour!!

You are a bit old to play that game OGY. Fishing? Oh ffs.

#57 User is offline   spursdub10 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:48

[quote name='old grey yid' timestamp='1326441696' post='274760']
quite right so why didnt you make it known then or make a song & dance about it then instead of waiting to jump into someone elses argument now!

you could have opened your mouth even earlier!!..songs with the elephant washing verse attaining to the player had been sung for seasons before in the pubs & clubs around the ground & very much inside the ground as well but i guess it was ok then & pretty much ignored as harmless abuse of an opposing player because he didnt play for us!!.
but i dare say you where one of those "it wasn't me" types although i disticntly remember it being about the loudest song sung on many occasions when the ground & pubs around the ground where full in games with him as an opponent & especially strongly when he played for arsenal &it was sung by all races & creeds!!!.
i cant recall you making any statement of dissapproval then!.

if any club & group of fans within a club have had the race issue thrown at them over the years by other fans its thfc... we turned the yid chant & abuse & the abuse of our jewish connections & support from a negative to a positive so much so that only a few opposing w***ers & real racists now call us "yids" in a derogartary term
i was on the front line of that fighting with the then nf outside the lane when they where trying to recruit.

its football banter ffs!.. grow some b******s & stop being such sensitve pc p***k.

I think you may be missing the point here OGY. When he was an Arsenal player you shouted abuse at him, sang songs about him , probably had a picture of him on your dart board at home. Fine he played for the enemy and therefore was fair game. If some of those songs were racist or not politically correct I will leave that argument for another day.

But Adebayor plays for us now. While still give him stick? Is it a personal thing? Do u know him first hand and therefore continue to dislike the lad for some reason. Did he spill your pint?

BTW fair play to you for taking on the nf outside the lane.

#58 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:06

OK guys im pretty neutral on here, im one of the oldest also, i come from a different time when you could say what you liked, many many years ago there was a thing called freedom of speech, but nowadays you even look at someone wrong and your either a racist or you end up getting knifed, not a nice world at all, BUT what im trying to say is i have adapted to doays world, albeit (its not like the good old days when folk were happy), but ive had to change to suit the pc brigade etc, and thats fine so now lets just say some are more tolarant than others, some are more easily offended than others, thats ok, we allhave come from different time scales in this world etc and we all accept hat we must live life according to how the world is today, thats fine so right, now let the post prior to this one be the end of the matter, and one and all stop harping on about it, move on, if not i will just keep deleting the topics, ok guys lets get back to what the site is about END OF. :welcome:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#59 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:12

I think you may be missing the point here OGY. When he was an Arsenal player you shouted abuse at him, sang songs about him , probably had a picture of him on your dart board at home. Fine he played for the enemy and therefore was fair game. If some of those songs were racist or not politically correct I will leave that argument for another day.

But Adebayor plays for us now. While still give him stick? Is it a personal thing? Do u know him first hand and therefore continue to dislike the lad for some reason. Did he spill your pint?

BTW fair play to you for taking on the nf outside the lane.
[/quote]

thanks dub! but i'm not missing the point i'm being accussed of a racial slur yet i've just pointed out the same abuse the same name was sung at the player by 1.000 of people long before & thats put down as banter/fair game!.. as you say because he was at another club!!.. its hypocritical pc bulls***
so when did the football banter stop & it become a race thing! when he joined spurs!!.. he didn't change colour & nationality when he joined us did he.

as to my dislike of manny!.. yes i do dislike him, he's using us.. he wont be hear next season fact!.

#60 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:31

OGY is that right that ADE wont be here next season, well as right as you can divulge?

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users