• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Tottenham vs Everton Game in hand

#61 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:30

OGY - not trying to pick a fight with you at all mate but I'm just making my views known. I've never sung a chant I view as racist in my life, Ade one included - and no I didn't pipe up before because quite frankly I don't think a leopard is gonna change his spots just because someone on a forum finds it offensive... I piped up because Journo seemed to belittle the other guys opinion that the chant was racist and say no one else had an issue with it, which I thought was unfair as I view it as racist, just wasn't going to jump up and down about it as I know you have your ways and I'm unlikely to change them with my opinion. I, as I imagine other people do, cut you slack because of your other contributions, but you then tried to chat s*** about it being a term of endearment which you've admitted it wasn't.

So you've admitted you hate him, that it isn't a term of endearment, to me then you clearly are using it for its original intended purpose which is not OK. Fighting the NF over antisemitism, good for you I'm glad you were prepared to take a stance against them, but that doesn't give you the right to do what you want.

Let's leave it there, but I hope the poster who originally took offence doesn't feel like everyone here is on OGY's side on this topic and feels like he can stick around.

#62 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 13 January 2012 - 15:33

freedom of choice mate i guess, so thats it now enough said me thinks. Persons concerned have aired their views had there say thats the end now please.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#63 Guest_old grey yid_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 17:03

[quote name='tomtom85' timestamp='1326454245' post='274775']
OGY - not trying to pick a fight with you at all mate but I'm just making my views known. I've never sung a chant I view as racist in my life, Ade one included - and no I didn't pipe up before because quite frankly I don't think a leopard is gonna change his spots just because someone on a forum finds it offensive... I piped up because Journo seemed to belittle the other guys opinion that the chant was racist and say no one else had an issue with it, which I thought was unfair as I view it as racist, just wasn't going to jump up and down about it as I know you have your ways and I'm unlikely to change them with my opinion. I, as I imagine other people do, cut you slack because of your other contributions, but you then tried to chat s*** about it being a term of endearment which you've admitted it wasn't.

So you've admitted you hate him, that it isn't a term of endearment, to me then you clearly are using it for its original intended purpose which is not OK. Fighting the NF over antisemitism, good for you I'm glad you were prepared to take a stance against them, but that doesn't give you the right to do what you want.

Let's leave it there, but I hope the poster who originally took offence doesn't feel like everyone here is on OGY's side on this topic and feels like he can stick around.
[/quote
,i'll leave after this tom tom, look up the word endearment it goes both ways like & dislike( i.e he's endeared himself to me as not of the best character) i havn't admitted hating manny at all !!.. hate is a very different word from dislike!! & just to put you right i still have many friends from my youth & a godson all of west indian origin & i also employ a couple of people from "non white" backgrounds if i ever made i remark i thought to be racist i wouldn't be able to look those people in the face again!!.

if you or foxy regard the song & words as racist then by association of singing the song at one time or another most people at the lane are in fact guilty of being racist including me & some of my mates who happen to be black & indian!!

i will not apologise for someone being over sensitive to a bit of football banter of a messageboard.

cheers.

#64 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 January 2012 - 00:28

http://seppblatterwi....wordpress.com/

#65 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 January 2012 - 00:29

thanks mate - I looked up endearment

en·dear·ment/enˈdi(ə)rmənt/
Noun:

A word or phrase expressing love or affection.
Love or affection: "a term of endearment".

Synonyms:
tenderness - caress - affection - fondness - love

#66 Guest_old grey yid_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:33

View Posttomtom85, on 14 January 2012 - 00:29, said:

thanks mate - I looked up endearment

en·dear·ment/enˈdi(ə)rmənt/
Noun:

A word or phrase expressing love or affection.
Love or affection: "a term of endearment".

Synonyms:
tenderness - caress - affection - fondness - love

well done tom tom 10/10

as i said earlier the blokes endeard himself to me with his mercenary tactics & geneal use of us.. he wont be here next season!!.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users