• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur Sun 22nd Jan - KO: 13:30

#1 User is online   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 17 January 2012 - 18:15

Nothing to say other than big big game. Man U are also away to arsenal so could be an interesting weekend. We are much improved from the match at home at the start of the season and it will be a real test for the lads. Dont want to hear anyone saying id take a point! Lets have some faith in the team and get behind them! COYSSSSS!

#2 User is offline   Craig 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:Uaushfyddgididryaisetrdirepdrrudoeuydifuspspsosiprgudosusdosp

Posted 17 January 2012 - 18:17

Spurs take on Man City at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday afternoon, and a win could see us close the gap on the leaders to just two points.

It seems like as good a time as any to be taking on Man City who have won only twice in their six games since Christmas, and have been further weakened by the absence of Vincent Kompany, Kolo Toure and Yaya Toure through suspension and the African Cup of Nations.

Unable to feature against his parent club, Emmanuel Adebayor will be a notable absentee for Spurs, meaning Jermain Defoe or Roman Pavlyuchenko will see a return to the starting line-up.

What ever the form of the two teams, Man City away is always going to be a tough fixture, so I would be more than happy with a point from this game (although a win could go some way towards the points dropped against wolves last weekend).

My prediction: Man City 1 - 1 Spurs. :niceone:

#3 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 17 January 2012 - 18:33

Dont know why, but ive a feeling we will sneak it 1-0 or 2-1, logic tells me i should agree with you as a draw is the most likely outcome, but just have this nagging gut feeling, weird.!!
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#4 Guest_old grey yid_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 January 2012 - 17:46

if you here about any disturbances in the corporate area it'll be me among others!!

couldn't get tickets so we bought out most of one of thier matchday corporate suites.. about 60 of us!!

cheap really! 100 a head inc ticket, meal & all the the singha beer you can get down you..

#5 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 18 January 2012 - 18:57

weel done you guys all credit to you, enjoy your day. :rolleyes:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#6 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 19 January 2012 - 18:08

1 spare going for a corporate day out at city on sunday.. £100 incl of match ticket & lunch/drink +£25 coach fare.. wont last long been posted on other boards.

either make it known pronto or pm me

#7 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 18:08

Well Oggy will be thinking of you cheering on the Spurs and yes to
Journeyman I believe we can nick this one by 2--1 and no clean sheet
on Sunday.Have a good game Oggy.

1940Spursman8...coys//////////////////////////////////

#8 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 19 January 2012 - 18:14

View Postold grey yid, on 19 January 2012 - 18:08, said:

1 spare going for a corporate day out at city on sunday.. 100 incl of match ticket & lunch/drink +25 coach fare.. wont last long been posted on other boards.

either make it known pronto or pm me

tickets gone lads.

#9 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:07

2-1 to the MIGHTY WHITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Guest_aussispurs_*

Posted 19 January 2012 - 23:44

I dont think we will lose unless we are robbed by a bad decision /controversial moment.

I also struggle to see us being effective up front without ade. so i think we will score a max of 1 goal, therefore i think a draw 1-1 or 0-0. if thinks really go our way we might nick it 0-1.

#11 Guest_chester_*

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:21

I think will will struggle without ade in the side sunday, I know he has not scored enough goals for my likeing but he brings so much more to the team. Lets just hope Defoe is right up for it which i'm sure he will be because I still say on his day he has to be one of the best finishers in the league. Harry please dont play pav.

#12 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:25

View Postchester, on 20 January 2012 - 10:21, said:

Harry please dont play pav.

That's my biggest fear! I think he'll reckon Defoe's not physical enough to be the loan striker and Start Pav and Defoe or just Pav. If Defoe's left out he's going to be spitting with rage I'd imagine but if he starts him up top on his own he's going to have to play the game of his life if there's no one else more physical giving defenders a headache and allowing him more space.

I think my starting line up would be:

Walker Kaboul King BAE
Lennon Parker Modric Bale
VdV Defoe

but I'd bring on Sandro early if we need more steel in midfield and Lennon/Bale/Walker/BAE aren't causing enough problems on the flanks. It's a tough one to decide the line up for though.

#13 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:58

Me thinks pav will comeon for last 10/20 mins pending on how game goes.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#14 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:03

There is really no better time to be playing City IMO!! They have not looked that impressive from what I have seen from them the last few games!! As we all know, no Toure and Kompany really does weaken them in the middle!! Yaya especially, and for me without him in their team we should be able to dominate the midfield!! The only hard call seems to be who plays up front, but I would suggest we go with this:

Friedel

Walker Kaboul King/Daws BAE

Parker Sandro?/Livermore

Lennon vdv Modric

Bale

Setting up this way, gives us plenty of steel and creativity in the midfield, and Bale playing up top can drift around casuing them all sorts of trouble with his pace!! What say ye fellow yids??

#15 Guest_Hackney_Yid_*

Posted 20 January 2012 - 14:55

I think the optimism is great, but i just want to remind everyone that City havent lost at home for a long time. And are currently top of the league. I know they are missing players but we will be missing Adebayor who is integral to how we have been playing this season. Yes we can win the game, but i wouldnt say we are favourites at all. Lets just see what happens on sunday. Bale up top is an interesting shout though!! i think it could work

#16 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 20 January 2012 - 15:52

I just hope that we give a good account of ourselves. plus a win.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#17 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 January 2012 - 16:50

@Hackney Yid, I know it may seem somewhat defeatist to go there and play without a recognised striker, but I just cant see the sense in dropping any of those super 6 (Parker, Sandro, Modric, VDV,Lennon or Bale) for Pav or Defoe who I feel certain will just go missing in this game as a lone striker!!??? That formation has so much steel and creativity and still enough goal threat in VDV,Lennon and Bale!! Witht he option of Defoe off the bench if it is not working!! COYS!!!! wE CAN DO THIS!!

#18 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 20 January 2012 - 17:33

View Postspecial yid, on 20 January 2012 - 16:50, said:

@Hackney Yid, I know it may seem somewhat defeatist to go there and play without a recognised striker, but I just cant see the sense in dropping any of those super 6 (Parker, Sandro, Modric, VDV,Lennon or Bale) for Pav or Defoe who I feel certain will just go missing in this game as a lone striker!!??? That formation has so much steel and creativity and still enough goal threat in VDV,Lennon and Bale!! Witht he option of Defoe off the bench if it is not working!! COYS!!!! wE CAN DO THIS!!

i actually go the other way mate!.. defoe has to start .. playing without a recogonised striker in a game of this magnitude for us is to much of a risk imho!!. the best thing that could happen is we score early thus stopping mancini parking the bus even though he's at home & giving the creative players we have much more room to open them up even more..

they've lost thier last 2 at home, granted not league games but still high profile cup games & something tells me thier more scared of us rather than vice versa.
cant wait really.. these are the games that get your stomach doing cartwheels!!.

#19 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 21 January 2012 - 16:17

Agree with you there OGY, i think they have far more reason to fear us than us fear them, ours is the title to win and in all honesty its theirs to loose i feel, so hope they do. Also think that its a must to start JD, and hopefully get the first goal, and hope that it acts as a bit of a deflaiter for them. cant wait.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#20 Guest_Darren_*

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:37

Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Parker, Modric, Bale; Van der Vaart; Defoe.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users