• Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 06 May 2012 - 14:22

1-1 COYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#23 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2012 - 14:58

Cant say I wasnt expecting that if im honest. It was in our hands and I knew wed do what we always do. FFS spurs!

#24 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 15:04

so its now back in favour of the gooners, we had our destiny in our hands and still cant do anything, why wasnt JD brought on?, so now we are back to our usual Fcuking position of hoping other results go our way, ie we now need west brom to to us a favour while we beat Fulham, cant see that happening, so looks like 4th for us, so have to hope that chelski dont win that final.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#25 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 May 2012 - 15:05

A lot of questions about what went down though, we had about 20 corners and didnt even fashion a half decent chance out of it. This needs to be addressed urgently as I think weve probably score one corner from about 200 weve had this season. ALSO wtf is Harry doing not bringing on Defoe and bringing on parker for vdv with 5 mins to go? Defoe was stripped and ready to come on in the 60th minute and we got the penalty so defoe went back on the bench and never came back on.

Now we all know what to expect, Harry will say that Villa Park is a tough old place to go (Villa have only won 4 times at home this season) and we gave it all we could and we had 10 men etc etc.

Massive 2 points dropped today. Now we have to beat Fulham and hope for a favour from West Brom! Not happy!

#26 Guest_MichaelM25_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 15:10

Totally outraged at how many dead ball situations we have and create absolutely nothing from them!! Massive 2 points dropped, we need to hope Arsenal slip up because I for one don't want to have to rely on Chelsea losing the CP Final!!

#27 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 May 2012 - 15:13

this was very very poor. 1st half we looked good but again Bale hardly attacked down the left. they showed a stat that said only 6% of our attacks were down the left, and I bet most of that was Rose.

Then 2nd half Rose got sent off but Villa still only managed two shots on target all match, there's no reason why we shouldn't have just pushed on. Then Parker on for VDV was baffling! Most questionable substitution Harry's ever made, and he's made more than his fair share of strange ones!

#28 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 15:16

Bloody 3 points thrown away we were all over A/Villa all the way through the match and
even when we went down to 10 men we were still the better team.With 10 minutes to go Harry
brings on Parker so he was happy to go for the draw.DeFoe should have been brought on to
the pitch much earlier as I think he has goals in him.I am truly gutted here we were with
the chance to grab 3rd place and keep it till the end of the season guaranteed C/League
for next season.So now the ball is in the scums court and it is down to the last match.

1940Spursman8...coys////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#29 User is offline   cro_spurs 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2012 - 15:34

guys, we thrown 3 points, but still have to be happy to get this one. newcastle drop all points. and now we have to hope arsenal will lose from WBA, or at least they draw, and we still can be third. i have hope, so go COYS! leave this match, fulham is next, that should be easy, they are awful away.

#30 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 May 2012 - 15:50

View Postcro_spurs, on 06 May 2012 - 15:34, said:

guys, we thrown 3 points, but still have to be happy to get this one. newcastle drop all points. and now we have to hope arsenal will lose from WBA, or at least they draw, and we still can be third. i have hope, so go COYS! leave this match, fulham is next, that should be easy, they are awful away.

Ye but now we have to rely on another team, if we had won today it would be ours to lose. Also if we had drawn but Harry had put Defoe and really gone for it I would be less angry, even if we had lost going for it at least give it a real go! Parker on for VDV??? he has to be joking!

#31 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 17:42

Its like I said "Destiny in our own hands" and we still cock it up, but as yet another wobbly chops decission that beggars belief, why om earth JD was not brought on i will never know, old wobbly (as we all know just does not do tactics), still hope he gets the gooner though.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#32 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:22

was at villa park yesterday & to be fair you couldnt knock the players for effort!
thats the first time i've heard spurs fans turn against redknapp!.. a man down & all over them he make possibly the worst call he could!.. we had 2 fit strikers on the bench One actually still our top scorer this season & he doesn't throw him in the mix for the last 6/7 mins when a goal would have kept our destiny in our own hands & massive pressure on arsenal, pressure them & there fans havn't had in many a year!!.......... even if we'd conceded it would have made any difference to us regarding our postion 7 minutes later!!... we'd still have needed wba to get something next week unless we won then it was all ours still!!.

he well & truly got found out yesterday as tactically inept & stupid to say the least.
the 4.000 inside villa park or so were at first stunned that parker was coming on & not defoe!!.. then "you dont know what your doing" at the final whistle while leaving the stadium.
havn't seen any replay or interviews yet but i'm sure it'll be the usual.. triffic!.. unlucky!.. what a good side villa are b******s!!.. it was his fault etc etc & the other get out of jail free comments!!.
again yesterday untold corners & free kicks with no end product due to lack of preparation.

& thats is basically our season!.. players & squad good enough to compete with the best in the league let down by a management & caoching staff who have tacticllay have failed to prepare the team because they just arn't good enough.

a golden opportunity may well have been wasted this season to push the club back to somewhere near the higher margins of europes elite.

#33 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:50

A very good post mate, i was following the minute by minute commentry on sky sport, and the ammount of pressure we were putting on them, im surprised with didnt have several goals, well as you know OGY both you and i have been saying for some time about the coaching staff, and everyone one knows our view of that pr*tt wobbly, but now as you said the crowd are starting to get on his back.

The last count i knew we had had 19 corners, numerious free kicks, yet we seem to lack the ability to score from a dead ball situation, and for me thats down to coaching, or trying a different tactic with a free kick, lets try to be inventive, creative, with set pieces but we never are, the ammount of free kicks, corners, and pressure we were applying should have yeilded more than one goal thats for sure.

Cant see Arsenal slipping up again really, so we best hope for 4th, and that chelski loose that final if we want C/L footy (purely for the money of course) :niceone:

Well here's an interview, keeps on about 10 men, but why with 6 mins of stoppage and we want a goal didnt he put Defoe on, i'll tell you, he's clueless thats why. :angry:
http://www1.skysport...All-to-play-for

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#34 Guest_old grey yid_*

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:12

View Postjourneyman, on 07 May 2012 - 07:50, said:

A very good post mate, i was following the minute by minute commentry on sky sport, and the ammount of pressure we were putting on them, im surprised with didnt have several goals, well as you know OGY both you and i have been saying for some time about the coaching staff, and everyone one knows our view of that pr*tt wobbly, but now as you said the crowd are starting to get on his back.

The last count i knew we had had 19 corners, numerious free kicks, yet we seem to lack the ability to score from a dead ball situation, and for me thats down to coaching, or trying a different tactic with a free kick, lets try to be inventive, creative, with set pieces but we never are, the ammount of free kicks, corners, and pressure we were applying should have yeilded more than one goal thats for sure.

Cant see Arsenal slipping up again really, so we best hope for 4th, and that chelski loose that final if we want C/L footy (purely for the money of course) :niceone:

Well here's an interview, keeps on about 10 men, but why with 6 mins of stoppage and we want a goal didnt he put Defoe on, i'll tell you, he's clueless thats why. :angry:
http://www1.skysport...All-to-play-for

just seen another where all he keeps saying is he'd have taken the draw "all day long":angry: :angry::grr: :grr:

#35 User is offline   Spirit of 82 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:24

View Postold grey yid, on 07 May 2012 - 08:12, said:

just seen another where all he keeps saying is he'd have taken the draw "all day long":angry: :angry::grr: :grr:

Totally agree and the guys on Sky Sports couldn't believe he's put Parker on either. Lose or draw it would not have changed the fact that WBA need a result againse Arse next week so why did he not throw on Defore or Saha or BOTH??? Villa never offered very much so we should have had the confidence to go for it - even with 10.

More worryingly though, I don't see us beating Fulham next weekend.

#36 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 07 May 2012 - 14:03

Spirit of 82 sadly i agree with you, i see us struggling to get a result here, but there again you never know, but at the moment im not confident.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users