Planet Spurs Forums: Lawro's Prediction for Aston Villa v Spurs - Planet Spurs Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Lawro's Prediction for Aston Villa v Spurs

#1 Guest_THFC6061_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 May 2012 - 21:09

Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday, 14:00 BST)

I cannot see anything other than a Tottenham win in this game.

Harry Redknapp said after his Spurs side were beaten by QPR that they had to win their last four games of the campaign to have a chance of finishing in the top four and, with a home game against Fulham after this one, I think they will do that. They are halfway there already after beating Blackburn and Bolton.

It might not be enough to get them third place, though, and obviously they could finish fourth and miss out on the Champions League if Chelsea win it this year. But that is why the Premier League is so exciting this season, because there are so many teams fighting it out at both ends of the table.

And, while I don't think it is a massive factor that Redknapp has not been given the England job, I think it will have an effect because seeing Roy Hodgson appointed stops all the speculation.

The Tottenham players won't really have worried about it that much but they know now that Redknapp will be at the club next year and it is almost like putting your pair of slippers back on that you have lost for the last couple of days.

Meanwhile, Villa are in all sorts of trouble and I just wouldn't even tip them to pinch a goal. Alex McLeish's side might get lucky because I feel results for the teams below them will keep Villa up, rather than a positive result for Villa.

Prediction: Aston Villa 0-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Here are all of Lawro's 2011-12 Premier League Predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if all his forecasts were correct...

Lawro's 2011-12 Predictions

#2 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:43

Interesting how that table looked. Yes i think villa are in a bit of turmoil, and if we play like the last two games then i see nothing but a win, hope that does not come back to haunt me, that comment.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users