Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Taking over the site

#1 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 14:31

After having had discussions with the owner/s Craig has agreed to let me take over the running of the site, in view of some comments on here by posters (including myself) I will be setting about doing what is required very soon.

I think Ive already said on this site that i would take over the running of it, seeing as im already doing most of it any way, and Craig has stated that he does not really have the time for the level of input required, but he will remain a member of this site.
I have already said to Craig and stated on this site, I'm not in the business of taking anything from any one, (well i couldn't take it anyway with out Craig s consent, but what i mean is forcefully taking over, well i hope its not like that.) Im only doing it so that this site can keep running for the good of all the loyal posters (including myself who loves being on here).

Some of you with far superior skills on web site and design etc who are streets ahead of me have offered their help etc, we will go into all of that once take over has been completed.

I know this is a forum and people have different opinion, and have different ways of expressing them selves, ie some come across by the words they use as being very "politically correct", Me? i call a spade a spade, as does Lonspurs, and OGY, maybe OGYs way of addressing posters comes across as abrasive but believe you me that is just the way he speaks, he calls it as he sees it, now through that some may have taken offence and say im not coming on here any more, then OGY may say people dont like the way he speaks so its best he stays away. Well this is where i stand, I try to be fair to one and all, yes ive made some wrong posts or things that have come out wrong, and in some instances ive removed the post and apologised, but i dont want to loose any members moreso the newer ones, but on the same hand I DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE OGY, hes been on this site longer than me, and his information, that he passes to us, plus his inside club knowledge is invaluable, so all i ask is that what ever is posted try and rise above it, if it really causes offence i will remove the said post EVEN MINE, but if we get getting people spitting their dummies out there wont be a site to run, so me taking over would be pointless, and in that case it might as well stay with the current ow ners and just die a natural death,now we've got this issue with Macspur, hes relatively new, so dont want to loose him, but this is just what im onabot he didnt like spmething said to another member, it didnt involve him, and he resonds by posting im off, well im asking him to stay, but if he wants to go then go no skin of my nose or that of this site, so its up to you guys. :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#2 User is offline   special yid 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 14 November 2012 - 15:09

Long overdue and I am sure you will continue in doing a grand job as you have been Journo!! :niceone:

#3 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 15:22

cheers mate, thank you certainly hope you stick around mate. :niceone: :dancing:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#4 User is offline   AntHollick7 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2012 - 21:39

Finally I'm glad we've got someone like journo how cares enough to keep this site Alive and glad we've got members who can help the site to grow. I for one echo journos comment over ogy he Is unique to sites like ours and we cannot afford him to leave or no matter how many journos we have in ogy we have someone with inside knowledge though understandably vague regularly he is crucial to the growth of this site if he continues to contribute the site can only grow. Keep up the good work journo you've got our support and keep us posted on developments.
I said I was the greatest, before I even knew I was. - Muhammad Ali

#5 User is offline   spursboy76 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2012 - 21:54

Good news! I may start putting a bit more input in and promoting the site, although I came back to the site it was an uncomfortable reunion!
Now if its a Spurs site run by Spurs fans i'm all in.

#6 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:24

:happybirthday:

View PostAntHollick7, on 14 November 2012 - 21:39, said:

Finally I'm glad we've got someone like journo how cares enough to keep this site Alive and glad we've got members who can help the site to grow. I for one echo journos comment over ogy he Is unique to sites like ours and we cannot afford him to leave or no matter how many journos we have in ogy we have someone with inside knowledge though understandably vague regularly he is crucial to the growth of this site if he continues to contribute the site can only grow. Keep up the good work journo you've got our support and keep us posted on developments.

Did you get pM Ant? And thanks for your words, they mean a lot. :niceone:

View Postspursboy76, on 14 November 2012 - 21:54, said:

Good news! I may start putting a bit more input in and promoting the site, although I came back to the site it was an uncomfortable reunion!

Thanks for that mate very kind of you, have replied to your PM. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#7 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 15 November 2012 - 18:52

Long live Journeyman! :clap:

#8 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 15 November 2012 - 19:21

cheers mate, thanks. :welcome: :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#9 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 16 November 2012 - 21:14

View Postspursboy76, on 14 November 2012 - 21:54, said:

I'm really pleased to see a show of support for Journo. I had a "pretty fair idea" of what he was going to put in this thread.

This really could be the start of a new era for Planet Spurs if enough of us stick together.

Three little words: ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

#10 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:58

well said i agree, and thanks mate. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#11 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 19 November 2012 - 15:16

UPDATE GUYS,

THE DOMMAIN NAME PLANETSPURS HAS NOW SUCCESSFULLY TRANSFERRED TO ME. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users