Planet Spurs Forums: Toby Alderweireld - Planet Spurs Forums

Jump to content

  • 43 Pages +
  • « First
  • 40
  • 41
  • 42
  • 43
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Toby Alderweireld

#821 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 8,454
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Larry's house
  • Interests:positivity and dancing in the rain.

Posted 14 June 2019 - 23:48

View Post50 Cent, on 14 June 2019 - 23:32, said:

If you can find out those stats, you can find the ones that understand the argument if you want it enough. The majority of our fans would rather lose and play attractive looking football, than actually ruthlessly win something.

With Eriksen in a 4-2-3-1

https://www.skysport...am/teams/356708

Without Eriksen in a 3-4-3

https://www.skysport...am/teams/356670

With Eriksen playing deeper in a 3-4-3 or 5-3-2

https://www.skysport...nd/teams/384259

https://www.skysport...am/teams/384282

Most fans will tell you that we can't play 3-4-3 either and that it is the fault of the back three.




Steak is good on a night out with the red wine flowing. If you want consistent healthy results a largely plant based diet with a James Milner ribena is the best solution. Boring or not it wins Premier Leagues and Champions Leagues.


It's boring, and he gets sacked more times than Linda Lovelace
0

#822 User is offline   50 Cent 

  • Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 252
  • Joined: 20-March 19

Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:28

View PostYidio Yidio, on 14 June 2019 - 23:48, said:

It's boring, and he gets sacked more times than Linda Lovelace


He gets sacked, imo, due to not having the right players. For example, it is clear United were crying out for a commanding defender when City bought Pep four and Liverpool bought Klopp the best one.

His entire hissy fit in preseason was due to the board signing second rate attacking players based on social media shirt sales and not giving him a world class defender to base his style around.

He wins more awards than Asa Akira.
0

#823 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 8,454
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Larry's house
  • Interests:positivity and dancing in the rain.

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:27

View Post50 Cent, on 19 June 2019 - 09:28, said:

He gets sacked, imo, due to not having the right players. For example, it is clear United were crying out for a commanding defender when City bought Pep four and Liverpool bought Klopp the best one.

His entire hissy fit in preseason was due to the board signing second rate attacking players based on social media shirt sales and not giving him a world class defender to base his style around.

He wins more awards than Asa Akira.


Unless of course you factor in his leaving Madrid and Chelsea twice. When his sacking or being released on a mutual agreement were for reasons unrelated to the excuses used for his dire football at United. Give the p***k three of the most expensively put together squads and he still plays boring defensive football. Ask any Chelsea fan why they got rid first time around, when he was in his purple patch. Bored them s***less.

This post has been edited by Yidio Yidio: 20 June 2019 - 11:27

0

#824 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 7,854
  • Joined: 30-May 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 June 2019 - 18:07

View Post50 Cent, on 19 June 2019 - 09:28, said:

He gets sacked, imo, due to not having the right players. For example, it is clear United were crying out for a commanding defender when City bought Pep four and Liverpool bought Klopp the best one.

His entire hissy fit in preseason was due to the board signing second rate attacking players based on social media shirt sales and not giving him a world class defender to base his style around.

He wins more awards than Asa Akira.


That’s spot on entirely.

Woodward has 1980s Ferris Bueller notions of thinking you can have a Catenaccio Coach and Instagram players.

Mourinho would have wanted Perisic, Mandzukic, Glik, and he had Pogba. Who may as well have came with a couch and a microphone.

Because Woodward hasn’t a clue
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26
0

#825 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 8,454
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Larry's house
  • Interests:positivity and dancing in the rain.

Posted 20 June 2019 - 18:24

He didn't have the right forward at Madrid, but not sure who he expected the board to replace Ronaldo with. His misogynistic attack on a female physio was all about not having the right physio, it had little to do with him just being a common or garden dickhead.

Didn't get the award he deserved for that one.

This post has been edited by Yidio Yidio: 20 June 2019 - 18:25

0

#826 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 8,454
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Larry's house
  • Interests:positivity and dancing in the rain.

Posted 20 June 2019 - 18:29

There is actually a guy who holds the world record for watching paint dry, he has a certificate and everything. :lmao:
0

#827 User is offline   willyid82 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 2,904
  • Joined: 17-March 13

Posted 20 June 2019 - 18:31

View Post50 Cent, on 19 June 2019 - 09:28, said:

He gets sacked, imo, due to not having the right players. For example, it is clear United were crying out for a commanding defender when City bought Pep four and Liverpool bought Klopp the best one.

His entire hissy fit in preseason was due to the board signing second rate attacking players based on social media shirt sales and not giving him a world class defender to base his style around.

He wins more awards than Asa Akira.

He gets sacked because he refused to adapt and change with the game over the last few years , ironically the same thing he accused Wenger of for years.
0

#828 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 7,854
  • Joined: 30-May 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 June 2019 - 18:47

View Postwillyid82, on 20 June 2019 - 18:31, said:

He gets sacked because he refused to adapt and change with the game over the last few years , ironically the same thing he accused Wenger of for years.


I think the term “modern game” is a confused one.

Catenaccio is never going to go extinct, it’s just that tiki taka and Gegen are more so the flavour of the month at the moment.

Interestingly Klopp and Liverpool dropped gegenpressing for a more Catenaccio approach last season, resulting in less injuries, 96 odd points and a champions league.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26
0

#829 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 8,454
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Larry's house
  • Interests:positivity and dancing in the rain.

Posted 21 June 2019 - 18:49

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 21 June 2019 - 18:47, said:

I think the term ďmodern gameĒ is a confused one.

Catenaccio is never going to go extinct, itís just that tiki taka and Gegen are more so the flavour of the month at the moment.

Interestingly Klopp and Liverpool dropped gegenpressing for a more Catenaccio approach last season, resulting in less injuries, 96 odd points and a champions league.



I don't even like sushi
0

#830 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 7,854
  • Joined: 30-May 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 June 2019 - 19:00

Mourinho’s biggest mistake post Inter, certainly post Madrid, has been being seduced to manage mega clubs who want both trophies, results, and Instagram Stars.

His best environment is working with clubs and fans who understand his ideas and support the sort of players and characters he wants.

Chasing Pep out of Spain, and besting arguably the greatest team ever put together was as impressive as his work at Inter and Porto, and Chelsea 1.0

I will never take Pep seriously until he challenges himself, and Jose’s best possible next move involves going to an underdog that can buy into his ideas.

Could possibly be a National team I reckon
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26
0

#831 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 8,454
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Larry's house
  • Interests:positivity and dancing in the rain.

Posted 21 June 2019 - 20:15

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 21 June 2019 - 19:00, said:

Mourinhoís biggest mistake post Inter, certainly post Madrid, has been being seduced to manage mega clubs who want both trophies, results, and Instagram Stars.

His best environment is working with clubs and fans who understand his ideas and support the sort of players and characters he wants.

Chasing Pep out of Spain, and besting arguably the greatest team ever put together was as impressive as his work at Inter and Porto, and Chelsea 1.0

I will never take Pep seriously until he challenges himself, and Joseís best possible next move involves going to an underdog that can buy into his ideas.

Could possibly be a National team I reckon


His football would be ideal at Athletico Madrid, he will ruin flair players and his Porto side dived and bored everyone. His expensively put together Chelsea team was dull and went long to Drogba a lot.

Chavs had the open cheque book almost to themselves, yet Pep has shown that up with his undeniably more entertaining side breaking Prem records.

He said himself 3 years at most for any stint, but that has become easier to understand because he's a narcissist, and totally self absorbed. Chelsea fans turned on him for the exact same reason they turned on Sarri, boring football.
0

#832 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 7,854
  • Joined: 30-May 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 June 2019 - 22:01

View PostYidio Yidio, on 21 June 2019 - 20:15, said:

His football would be ideal at Athletico Madrid, he will ruin flair players and his Porto side dived and bored everyone. His expensively put together Chelsea team was dull and went long to Drogba a lot.

Chavs had the open cheque book almost to themselves, yet Pep has shown that up with his undeniably more entertaining side breaking Prem records.

He said himself 3 years at most for any stint, but that has become easier to understand because he's a narcissist, and totally self absorbed. Chelsea fans turned on him for the exact same reason they turned on Sarri, boring football.



Completely agree re Atletico, but with Simeone you have the proven longevity and loyalty. I wish we could see two parallel universes where Jose is in control in one and Diego the other.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t like Mourinho, but I find the “modern football” angle a little misinformed. Catenaccio is just one way to skin the cat, it isn’t going anywhere.

Personally Peps “ih......ih...ih” style isn’t attractive, it lacks a testosterone and swashbuckling element for me. I wouldn’t be into Mourinho 1-0s either.

Both managers have said the same then, I think Pep said 4.

Let’s hope he f***s off next summer then :grinny:
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26
0

#833 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 8,454
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Larry's house
  • Interests:positivity and dancing in the rain.

Posted 21 June 2019 - 23:21

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 21 June 2019 - 22:01, said:

Completely agree re Atletico, but with Simeone you have the proven longevity and loyalty. I wish we could see two parallel universes where Jose is in control in one and Diego the other.

Donít get me wrong I donít like Mourinho, but I find the ďmodern footballĒ angle a little misinformed. Catenaccio is just one way to skin the cat, it isnít going anywhere.

Personally Peps ďih......ih...ihĒ style isnít attractive, it lacks a testosterone and swashbuckling element for me. I wouldnít be into Mourinho 1-0s either.

Both managers have said the same then, I think Pep said 4.

Letís hope he f***s off next summer then :grinny:


Put it this way, Pep's teams are far more entertaining than Jose's. Skin a cat for a cup run, but over a 40 game league campaign with all the money to build whatever you wish and Pep's team is hands down the better to watch.

Add that Mourinho usually destroys a dressing room in 3 years and leaves and you've got the answer. The players don't want to play his way for long either.
0

#834 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 7,854
  • Joined: 30-May 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 June 2019 - 23:28

View PostYidio Yidio, on 21 June 2019 - 23:21, said:

Put it this way, Pep's teams are far more entertaining than Jose's. Skin a cat for a cup run, but over a 40 game league campaign with all the money to build whatever you wish and Pep's team is hands down the better to watch.

Add that Mourinho usually destroys a dressing room in 3 years and leaves and you've got the answer. The players don't want to play his way for long either.


I agree with that.

Personally I donít want Catenaccio at spurs, Poch is quite flexible, he has sort of evolved between all three philosophies throughout his time here.

For me, until Pep challenges himself at an Everton, Iím not really interested in what heís won, in the words of Shania Twain, that donít impress me much.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26
0

#835 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 8,454
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Larry's house
  • Interests:positivity and dancing in the rain.

Posted 21 June 2019 - 23:38

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 21 June 2019 - 23:28, said:

I agree with that.

Personally I donít want Catenaccio at spurs, Poch is quite flexible, he has sort of evolved between all three philosophies throughout his time here.

For me, until Pep challenges himself at an Everton, Iím not really interested in what heís won, in the words of Shania Twain, that donít impress me much.



Funny, because we used to call it something else
0

#836 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 7,854
  • Joined: 30-May 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 June 2019 - 21:56

Well it’s been around since 1950 with roots stemming back to the 30s.

The term dinosaur football is a fair one.

Mourinho would probanly win things with our team, it’s miles closer to his ideal needs than Uniteds.

But it would be an absolute chore to watch
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26
0

#837 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 8,454
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Larry's house
  • Interests:positivity and dancing in the rain.

Posted 22 June 2019 - 23:06

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 22 June 2019 - 21:56, said:

Well itís been around since 1950 with roots stemming back to the 30s.

The term dinosaur football is a fair one.

Mourinho would probanly win things with our team, itís miles closer to his ideal needs than Uniteds.

But it would be an absolute chore to watch



I would rather take relegation. No success is worth that, I would see it as a total soulless sell out and would walk away from everything Tottenham Hotspur. It would repulse me.
0

#838 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 7,854
  • Joined: 30-May 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 June 2019 - 01:59

View PostYidio Yidio, on 22 June 2019 - 23:06, said:

I would rather take relegation. No success is worth that, I would see it as a total soulless sell out and would walk away from everything Tottenham Hotspur. It would repulse me.


Wow. That’s a Boeing 747 wingspan wide statement

Let’s hope he doesn’t join lol
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26
0

#839 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 8,454
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Larry's house
  • Interests:positivity and dancing in the rain.

Posted 24 June 2019 - 16:39

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 23 June 2019 - 01:59, said:

Wow. Thatís a Boeing 747 wingspan wide statement

Letís hope he doesnít join lol


His ego is tiresome now that his football brand is fully exposed as dull.
0

#840 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 7,854
  • Joined: 30-May 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 June 2019 - 17:37

View PostYidio Yidio, on 24 June 2019 - 16:39, said:

His ego is tiresome now that his football brand is fully exposed as dull.


Could see him going to Newcastle if they sell up
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26
0

Share this topic:


  • 43 Pages +
  • « First
  • 40
  • 41
  • 42
  • 43
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users