• You cannot reply to this topic

Suggestions

#1 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 February 2015 - 21:13

Heya Peepz,

TomTom, RR & me are checking out options to improve the forum. Are there any suggestions you (the community) want to see in the future?

My personal list atm is:

- New section: Team talk - Topic per player. News per player can be posted on the right topic ( and updates, news stories etc.)
- Archiving some of the old posts from over 2 years. (without people losing post count) so places in the forum will be more for the current community instead of the old posters from long time ago.
- Finding ways to get some ways to get a few extra active users (suggestions?)

We're open for suggestions!

#2 User is offline   AntHollick7 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 09 February 2015 - 16:58

An article side of the website?
RR would Love That. Lol.
Where you can post article written by other people or newspapers or write your own "rant" for other people to respond at.
I said I was the greatest, before I even knew I was. - Muhammad Ali

#3 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2015 - 17:46

View PostAntHollick7, on 09 February 2015 - 16:58, said:

An article side of the website?
RR would Love That. Lol.
Where you can post article written by other people or newspapers or write your own "rant" for other people to respond at.

This is the plan but need some £££ to get a main site/forum set up instead of just forum.

I was also hoping to use some of our collective connections to get some interviews with ex players as well as articles. Let's see how we get on!

#4 User is offline   AntHollick7 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2015 - 18:00

Good luck. Hope you find everything you need.
I said I was the greatest, before I even knew I was. - Muhammad Ali

#5 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 March 2015 - 18:26

As a Board, I don't see that it needs any other forums beyond what it has. As a website it could have all the things you say, but I don't massively see the need to have that sort of resource and don;t know if it would bring in more members.

Getting higher up search engine listings would maybe get more, but I don't know how. The other aspect is getting more posting from existing members. What happened to all those who show on the members list but don't post? - have you contacted them to see why they don't participate now?
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#6 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 March 2015 - 20:38

View PostMr. Greaves, on 02 March 2015 - 18:26, said:

As a Board, I don't see that it needs any other forums beyond what it has. As a website it could have all the things you say, but I don't massively see the need to have that sort of resource and don;t know if it would bring in more members.

Getting higher up search engine listings would maybe get more, but I don't know how. The other aspect is getting more posting from existing members. What happened to all those who show on the members list but don't post? - have you contacted them to see why they don't participate now?

That's what I was thinking about as well greaves. 350 inactive posters or smth, I guess an email will bring 30 back?

#7 User is offline   Lilywhite Chris 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Guitar, music production, acoustics, ice hockey (my wife is Finnish!!), jogging

Posted 16 April 2015 - 21:16

Just a quick question - does anybody else have odd things happening when using mobile device? For example often when I go to delete some of my text the text that I am deleting will continually reappear as I am deleting (e.g. I'd type Spurs and then go to delete it, but as I delete characters keep reappearing so it takes ages to delete anything - Spurs becomes SpuSpur becomes SpSpurs and so on). Sometimes the word I deleted will just reappear afterwards. This has happened on two devices of mine.

It's not a major major, but I'm not sure if the problem is unique to me or whether or not its something I should bother the mods with!

#8 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 16 April 2015 - 21:32

Usually I am here on a lablet and I don't have the issue you said. Mine sometimes sends when I am still typing.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#9 User is offline   Lilywhite Chris 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Guitar, music production, acoustics, ice hockey (my wife is Finnish!!), jogging

Posted 16 April 2015 - 21:55

It might be unique to android mobile handsets. Don't know really.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users