Must win match for both sides.

I worry Burnely will want it more.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#2 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 30 March 2015 - 20:25

They definitely need it more than us. Hard today what motivation we will have as, to be honest, no one of our team can realistically think top 4 is an option.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#3 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 March 2015 - 21:36

View PostMr. Greaves, on 30 March 2015 - 20:25, said:

They definitely need it more than us. Hard today what motivation we will have as, to be honest, no one of our team can realistically think top 4 is an option.

nonsense - it's still a possibility so for as long as it remains mathematically possible they should be fighting tooth and nail to achieve it.

#4 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 30 March 2015 - 22:07

View Posttomtom, on 30 March 2015 - 21:36, said:

nonsense - it's still a possibility so for as long as it remains mathematically possible they should be fighting tooth and nail to achieve it.

Nonsense? Really? Let's have a poll to see how many really think we can make top 4 shall we?

Actually I would be really worried if we made top 4, because we just couldn't cut it in the CL right now if the knockout stage of the EL is anything to go by.

Or would you not agree tomtom?
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#5 User is offline   alisidy 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 31 March 2015 - 00:31

I hope Burnley win this game to help them stay up. Our season is over and won't even get 5th. Let Burnley win and help them survive. I really like Dyche!

#6 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 March 2015 - 16:14

View PostMr. Greaves, on 30 March 2015 - 22:07, said:

Nonsense? Really? Let's have a poll to see how many really think we can make top 4 shall we?

Actually I would be really worried if we made top 4, because we just couldn't cut it in the CL right now if the knockout stage of the EL is anything to go by.

Or would you not agree tomtom?

so you reckon the players and management shouldn't bother fighting til their last breath to achieve what is unlikely?

#7 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 31 March 2015 - 17:38

Not saying that at all.

I expect full commitment at all times but, as I said, I think it is more important to them as 4th is pretty unlikely.

#8 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 March 2015 - 21:56

It's not about if we think we can make 4th it's about giving everything to the end, I've enjoyed this season without ever thinking we will get 4th but the facts are we've play ourselves into contention all the sides above have tough games so I want us to fight to the death & see where it takes us, try & finish above liverpool & more importantly lay the foundation's for next season,
I also want to guarantee Europa spot especially with the huge increase in income that's just been announced for CL & EL

#9 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 31 March 2015 - 22:00

Actually if I was playing, finishing above the Scousers would be my motivation right now.

#10 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 March 2015 - 22:02

Burnley 2-4 Spurs

#11 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:53

In fact,
If liverpool beat arsenal & we beat burnley we would be 4pts behind them? 4pts?? & their currently sat 1pt behind city who still have to come to the lane,
How anybody can think our season is over is ridiculous,
Don't get me wrong it's a tough ask but why not? Give it our best shot, we've got the best No9 in the lge & the likes of mason Townsend walker should come back with a spring in their step,if we can get the 3pts at burnley (tough game) with villa then at the lane there's a opportunity to get some momentum for the run in, we've got no expectations of 4th which means no pressure the dippers & utd are desparate for it & NEED it,
One weekend of fixtures go our way & it's wide open,

#12 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:38

View PostParklaner, on 01 April 2015 - 01:53, said:

In fact,
If liverpool beat arsenal & we beat burnley we would be 4pts behind them? 4pts?? & their currently sat 1pt behind city who still have to come to the lane,
How anybody can think our season is over is ridiculous,
Don't get me wrong it's a tough ask but why not? Give it our best shot, we've got the best No9 in the lge & the likes of mason Townsend walker should come back with a spring in their step,if we can get the 3pts at burnley (tough game) with villa then at the lane there's a opportunity to get some momentum for the run in, we've got no expectations of 4th which means no pressure the dippers & utd are desparate for it & NEED it,
One weekend of fixtures go our way & it's wide open,

I have hesitations for success this season but I agree.

I feel like we are more likely to come out where we want to be over 10 games then we are in a single match final or over two games this season.

Cups didn't suit us this year, primarily because we either turned up up for it, or not up for it. Or tactics were suitable or not suitable.

Bench players will be trying to get a game to get in the shop window and other players will be looking to show why they should be in the first 11.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#13 User is offline   USASpursFan 

• Spurs Legend
  • Group: Forum Moderator

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:26

4-1 Spurs.

#14 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 April 2015 - 13:44

On paper the season is certainly not over. How we are even mathematically still near the top 5 is astonishing really.

It's certainly been a much better season as to what I was expecting. I really thought bottom half, so anything now is a bonus.

I do have a feeling that we will see a few squad players being introduced for these last 6 or 7 games. It's business at the end of the day, and levy will want as much as he can get.

On paper we are in the mix for 4th, in reality it's never going to happen.

Regarding this game, burnley are fighting to stay in the league, I believe that the deckchairs are out already for our team, it showed against Leicester that some are already on the beach.

We are just what the doctor ordered for burnley. On the predictions I went for a burnley win, I still think that. 2-1 loss for us I reckon.

I'm happy with the season, we beat arsenal and chelsea at home. We got to a cup final. I can't say I've particularly enjoyed the football most of the time, but there are signs of improvement. It's all about accepting the level that your team are, once you can do that, it makes the game far more enjoyable. It's something I've certainly learnt over the past 2 years.

I think we will finish 7th, that's where we deserve to finish aswell. That's our mini league, 5th - 8th.

Next season, a bit more improvement, we could get 5 or 6th.

A good season all in all.

#15 User is offline   1940Spursman8 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:obviously spurs-Xbox (Hayjax) music c/western.

Posted 01 April 2015 - 16:05

If we were to go on a good run then yes I still believe it is mathematically possible to get to
4th place but the players need to believe they can hack it to get there.Then in the summer Poch
will bring in the players he wants and see how we go from there.I believe we will win against
Burnley as they are having a tough time righ now and I will go for a 3--1 win.

1940Spursman8...coys/////////////////////////

#16 User is offline   Rjspurs 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2015 - 22:42

My heart says third or fourth, but my head says pack the flip flops, it's holiday time.

I just want the players to enjoy themselves and gain more. Valuable experience. As for being ready for champs league, I think that we would change if we got it and we would see a big influx of players that would improve us.

#17 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 01 April 2015 - 23:28

3-1 Spurs and regardless of the table we should try and win all of our remaining games!!

#18 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 01 April 2015 - 23:35

We do have a run-in that is better than most of the rivals, but my heart and head align and say 5th is the very best we will get. I would be happy with 6th and a bit disappointed at 7th if I am honest.

But would the Owners really splash the cash to buy in players good enough to power us in the CL league? Apart from the Bale money they haven't before and, even if they did, didn't we learn our lesson about a big influx of players in one season already?

#19 User is offline   alisidy 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 April 2015 - 00:33

View PostMr. Greaves, on 01 April 2015 - 23:35, said:

We do have a run-in that is better than most of the rivals, but my heart and head align and say 5th is the very best we will get. I would be happy with 6th and a bit disappointed at 7th if I am honest.

But would the Owners really splash the cash to buy in players good enough to power us in the CL league? Apart from the Bale money they haven't before and, even if they did, didn't we learn our lesson about a big influx of players in one season already?

I don't think we will ever spend the big 25-30m any more as both Soldado and Lamela is flops basically. I think our recruitment will be more selective and better. More academy and English prospect I think.

I still think some signings will be useful as long as they are not the likes of Vlad or Capoue.

#20 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 April 2015 - 00:39

View PostMr. Greaves, on 01 April 2015 - 23:35, said:

I guess they wanted to use the bale money as a splash to push us in top4 for a few seasons. (because they couldn't use it on the stadium)

Anyhow; must win, though game.
1-2
HK & Eriksen

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users