• You cannot reply to this topic

Hello. introduction

#1 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:03

Hello all on planet spurs.
Thought i would say hello as i have only just joined and been accepted today.
I have belonged to spurs forums before but not for a long time.
I undergo a triple bypass soon and will be laid up for 3 to 4 months recuperating so i will have a bit of time on my hands soon.
My opening subject is that i am a little disappointed we dont seem to be able to get another striker in and that elusive defensive midfielder we havent had since scot parker left.
Quite correctly we have shored up the defence and then everything has ground to a halt with clubs wanting big over the top fee,s for anyone we show interest in.
My second topic would be to ask why baldini still has a job at spurs when he squandered all that bale money with only erikson and chadli doing anything of note.
Anyway lets hope for a good season.
all the best

#2 User is offline   Rjspurs 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:58

Welcome to the site. Good luck with your op and recuperation.

Good opening points. Disappointing we not moved quicker but Keep the faith that we will get the right players in.

Baldini seems to have an odd role but he may be doing more than we give him credit for, would be nice to know for sure though. As for the signings that haven't worked out i think there have been many before him that have signed worse but if he responsible for the round pegs then he should hold his hands up.

#3 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2015 - 18:59

Welcome BB. Look forward to seeing you involved ,and it is good to have an outlet when you are in recovery. I had a cancer tumour removed in January which required 3/4 of my stomach and 1/2 my oesophagus out. I am still recoveringbut back working and, although I didn't really feel like posting for a while, reading the forums was beneficial.

Hope all goes well for you.

:welcome:
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#4 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 August 2015 - 19:17

Welcome mate! Like greavsy said: hope all goes well for you!
:welcome: :welcome:

#5 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:11

Many thanks for your warm welcome.
Greavsie that sounds like a big op ? hope all is well now with you.
Just to say i,ll get used to the site and join in now and again, probably more after i have had the bypass.
I used to belong to a spurs forum that didnt like you starting a topic off that maybe had already been covered in a previous topic, so i,ll have a look at what is being discussed on here before i start joining in.
Good luck for the season lads and here,s hoping we have another kane in the youth academy ! i hear pritchard will be the next to make the first team squad although i am hearing he has an injury and isnt training right now.

#6 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:39

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 04 August 2015 - 05:11, said:

Many thanks for your warm welcome.
Greavsie that sounds like a big op ? hope all is well now with you.
Just to say i,ll get used to the site and join in now and again, probably more after i have had the bypass.
I used to belong to a spurs forum that didnt like you starting a topic off that maybe had already been covered in a previous topic, so i,ll have a look at what is being discussed on here before i start joining in.
Good luck for the season lads and here,s hoping we have another kane in the youth academy ! i hear pritchard will be the next to make the first team squad although i am hearing he has an injury and isnt training right now.

:welcome:

Hope the forum proves a good place to spend the time when you're recuperating, and before!

I have high hopes for Pritchard but his injury for the England U21s a weeks ago was very unfortunate timing as it's cost him the pre season.

As for starting a thread that's already being covered you can use the "search" function but don't worry we won't be too aggro about it, more likely just merge your thread with an existing one if there is one. All the best with the op :niceone:

#7 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 04 August 2015 - 13:03

It was pretty big I suppose, and took 11 hours in one go but the surgeons took a break midway. Recovery is 9-12 months and I am doing pretty well, but have had set-backs and have had to make permanent changes to how I eat and sleep. They are confidential they got it all (chemo before and after) so fingers crossed.

Hopefully yours won't be too bad. :cheers:
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#8 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:50

I think mine,s a 7 hour op greavsie but i try not to delve into the details of it too much as i would start getting paranoid about it.
Thats good news you have the all clear !
Tom Tom ! I first joined a spurs forum 10 years ago approx and posters did repeat things ! probably by accident though.
We did have posts merged and it upset some of the older members who wondered where their posts had gone...........lol.

#9 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:43

Best thing not to delve, and Google most certainly isn't your friend in these situations :niceone:

#10 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 05 August 2015 - 17:48

Welcome Broadway and all the best with the op. Positivity is a good thing to have in such situations. Like Greavsie, I have been treated for cancer (4 lots of chemo in seven years) but none for the past 11 years. I would like to say that the mighty Spurs helped me through it all, but that would be lying, wouldn't it... :niceone:

#11 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:41

Hi AS,
Many thanks.
Yes i have been told by a others that have had the op that you have to stay positive.
I dont like the thought of my chest being opened up or veins taken from my arms or legs but if i dont have it done its probably a one way trip to the big football field in the sky sooner than later.
Its good to hear both you and greavsie have beaten the big c ! and yes being a spurs fan does definately help us through bad times.
Here,s to a good season.

#12 User is offline   DubSpur 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2015 - 18:22

He'll BB, welcome from a newbie. Bring back the old time Scout, Bill Nick in retirement type, travelling the length and breath flask and sandwiches at the ready to Suss out a local lad with talent.
A Problem shared, is Two People worried!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users