WANYAMA

#21 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 26 August 2015 - 00:46

Don't want him
He's like the Rodney in the trotter brothers
Sneirderlin (del boy) made it all tick rodders just runs around without a clue doing the donkey work
We need a Del Boy or no one
Bonjour

#22 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:50

View PostParklaner, on 26 August 2015 - 00:46, said:

Don't want him
He's like the Rodney in the trotter brothers
Sneirderlin (del boy) made it all tick rodders just runs around without a clue doing the donkey work
We need a Del Boy or no one
Bonjour

Ah, the voice of reason. We have gone from calling for a better scouting and transfer policy where we actually go after genuine targets to some sort of Abramovich/Jonsey morphed lunatic where we throw money at every Rodney (or Carlos) that's got Prem experience. Tom has hit the nail on the head on another thread when he said we should go after Defoe. The desperation to burn the 50 mill that Levy is trying to embezzle into his pet hamsters off shore account has reached fever pitch. We must spend it on any players to stop ENIC throwing a monster Christmas party where Joe Lewis will be swanning around like Hugh Heff snorting bugle off the pert backsides of 18 yr old virgins.

#23 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:58

Sounds like a great christmas party :niceone:

#24 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:17

View PostYidio Yidio, on 26 August 2015 - 07:50, said:

Ah, the voice of reason. We have gone from calling for a better scouting and transfer policy where we actually go after genuine targets to some sort of Abramovich/Jonsey morphed lunatic where we throw money at every Rodney (or Carlos) that's got Prem experience. Tom has hit the nail on the head on another thread when he said we should go after Defoe. The desperation to burn the 50 mill that Levy is trying to embezzle into his pet hamsters off shore account has reached fever pitch. We must spend it on any players to stop ENIC throwing a monster Christmas party where Joe Lewis will be swanning around like Hugh Heff snorting bugle off the pert backsides of 18 yr old virgins.

Sounds like my sort of party😂😂😂

#25 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 August 2015 - 17:26

Hasnt travelled with saints to Denmark sfc claim he has stomach bug
Think we all know the truth

#26 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 August 2015 - 17:59

But we need a CDM and Wanyama is a good one?

Did Southampton concede more than 20 odd league goals last season? I swear we conceded over 50.

And we're calling Wanyama Rodney. :blink:
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#27 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 August 2015 - 18:09

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 26 August 2015 - 17:59, said:

But we need a CDM and Wanyama is a good one?

Did Southampton concede more than 20 odd league goals last season? I swear we conceded over 50.

And we're calling Wanyama Rodney. :blink:

Sneiderlin the BEST CDM in the premier league rog,

#28 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 August 2015 - 18:11

No we're calling him "Carlos Trotter"

#29 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 August 2015 - 18:22

View PostParklaner, on 26 August 2015 - 18:09, said:

Sneiderlin the BEST CDM in the premier league rog,

I watched Southampton last season. Schneiderlin was further forward than Wanyama.

Schneiderlin is more like what Dembele and Paulinho should have been. Wanyama more so like Sandro.

Not denying Morgan is as combative as Sandro, but he's more than a CDM.

We've been looking for a CDM. Somehow Wanyama is a Trotter. It's a week before the windows closed and people are snobbing Austin, Wanyama.

Austin and Wanyama are not Stambouli and Fazio type signings.

Posted Image

#30 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 August 2015 - 18:38

If Poch wanted Wanyama, surely it would have been made known before now, so its safe to say that both he and definitely Austin would be panic buying. I'm not sure that I'd want to replace Bentaleb with Wanyama and I certainly don't see how this would resolve the recent complaints that we are not entertaining to watch. He's far to one dimensional for my taste and it's not something I'm desperate to see happen. If it happens so be it, but I certainly won't cry if it doesn't

I should also mention that Sandro in a midfield with Dembele was bloody boring if you ask me

#31 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2015 - 18:48

We've been boring in midfield since a certain Croatian left us.

#32 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 August 2015 - 19:03

We had a long wait between Gazza and Modric so buckle up it's a rough journey ahead :niceone:

#33 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 August 2015 - 22:37

View PostYidio Yidio, on 26 August 2015 - 18:38, said:

If Poch wanted Wanyama, surely it would have been made known before now, so its safe to say that both he and definitely Austin would be panic buying. I'm not sure that I'd want to replace Bentaleb with Wanyama and I certainly don't see how this would resolve the recent complaints that we are not entertaining to watch. He's far to one dimensional for my taste and it's not something I'm desperate to see happen. If it happens so be it, but I certainly won't cry if it doesn't

I should also mention that Sandro in a midfield with Dembele was bloody boring if you ask me

Sandro Dembele was boring, but for the lack of attacking flurry..boy did we bully people too.

Wanyama

Eriksen, Bentaleb

I firmly believe having someone literally focused on being a destroyer would enable us to play any of Bents/Eriksen/Carrol/Mason/Dembele in front.

Dier is better at CDM then expected but couldn't grant you the ability to play Eriksen from deeper like Modric and allow you to field Son, Njie, Kane all at once further forward.

#34 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 August 2015 - 23:26

Sneiderlin is quality wally-ama isn't
MS is like carrick seems to be a step a head of play to sniff out danger before it is a real danger class on the ball does stray forward at times not very often but does pick up good areas in an attacking sense
Wally does/did the donkey work poch went all out for MS he was from the day poch walked in the door the priority, now you & one or two others are waiting to judge MP with the tag he's now got his players where wally obviously is down the pecking order MS Kramer bender have all been linked heavily has targets from very good sources so wally is what 4th 5th choice & would cost a lot of cash
One minute we can't spend that amount on players the next we should jump in & splash 15-22m on a 4th or 5th choice
We need a clever CDM that has shone doing the exact role MP wants so if bender or Kramer are not available I want bentalab mason alli to get playtime & experience

#35 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 August 2015 - 00:20

Save the cash and add 3-4m to the berahino fund
Along with son & njie & we're be able to get around our 5th spot 👍🏼

#36 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 August 2015 - 00:23

View PostParklaner, on 26 August 2015 - 23:26, said:

Sneiderlin is quality wally-ama isn't
MS is like carrick seems to be a step a head of play to sniff out danger before it is a real danger class on the ball does stray forward at times not very often but does pick up good areas in an attacking sense
Wally does/did the donkey work poch went all out for MS he was from the day poch walked in the door the priority, now you & one or two others are waiting to judge MP with the tag he's now got his players where wally obviously is down the pecking order MS Kramer bender have all been linked heavily has targets from very good sources so wally is what 4th 5th choice & would cost a lot of cash
One minute we can't spend that amount on players the next we should jump in & splash £15-£22m on a 4th or 5th choice
We need a clever CDM that has shone doing the exact role MP wants so if bender or Kramer are not available I want bentalab mason alli to get playtime & experience

Look I'd avoid any joke names that sound anything like Lamela or Llama if I were you. :grinny: Especially in relation to judging players ability?

But your avoiding the fact Southampton conceded about 25 league goals last season. Some of which especially came when they packed it in and looked to be trying to avoid Europa at the end.

I don't want Wanyama because it's an agenda to put another nail in the Poch coffin. Poch isn't dead in the water but he's not looking like he wants to make changes to make an argument for himself.

Wanyama is not anywhere near the type of signing Stambouli was.

The fact is, Bentaleb, Mason are looking to fill the Schneiderlin role in different ways, and we are looking for a CDM. Wanyama is hardly 4th or 5th choice. He's only become an option as he has dramatically handed in a transfer request.

We need a destroyer, someone to break people up, a trio of Mason Bentaleb and Wanyama could get very gritty and very nasty. Better to have grit if you have no leadership.

Personally I prefer Kramer to Wanyama like you, but I refuse to believe Bender in the EPL will be as good as the younger EPL proven Wanyama. Bender trumps on brains, but is let down as he like Sandro is a tad brittle.

Nobody can identify a Modric, Schneiderlin or Carrick otherwise available. Illiarimendi? The boy can perhaps pass. Perhaps I'd rather him for £15m over Wanyama.

But then it's Bents and Dier battling for CDM for sure.

#37 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 August 2015 - 00:41

Like your style👍🏼
Because some want to show patience & give youngsters a chance & lamela is a youngster to try & develop & fulfil potential then if it doesn't work out you use that trying to win or start an argument (your choice) & EL hasn't gone yet looks likely but if stays then fine
Alli is already flourishing & could fill that role given the chance he looks like he loves a tackle & puts himself about could easily be ranked amongst wally within months
Your finding fault with proven QUALITY CM's that played huge parts in playing in & winning a World Cup yet full of admiration for good not great player that can't spot a pass & played in a side that finished below mason & bentalab

#38 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 August 2015 - 00:55

View PostParklaner, on 27 August 2015 - 00:41, said:

Like your style����
Because some want to show patience & give youngsters a chance & lamela is a youngster to try & develop & fulfil potential then if it doesn't work out you use that trying to win or start an argument (your choice) & EL hasn't gone yet looks likely but if stays then fine
Alli is already flourishing & could fill that role given the chance he looks like he loves a tackle & puts himself about could easily be ranked amongst wally within months
Your finding fault with proven QUALITY CM's that played huge parts in playing in & winning a World Cup yet full of admiration for good not great player that can't spot a pass & played in a side that finished below mason & bentalab

Not finding fault in Bender, Kramer, Wanyama, Illiaremendi or any of our remaining lot!

Any of the above suit me and none feel like a panic buy. I just felt it's unfair to disregard Wanyama when he's as good as the others. For me Kramer/Illiaremendi would make the difference.

Regards Lamela, he is still young, but if we get Njie and Son, Chadli has to be involved due to goals and assists, Eriksen and now Ali, Carroll are involved.

I feel there isn't room for either Townsend or Lamela. To be honest both. But I would rather keep Lamela than Townsend. But financially Lamela makes more sense to shift.

We are looking at a loss on £30m vs 100% profit even if we got a packet of chips for Townsend.

#39 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:03

I don't think wally is a panic buy just 4th-5th choice
If he comes I'd give him a fair shot & he's a good player just not MS Kramer good but if he comes for max 10-15m he could come in & surprise me & dominate the park & also be able to help things tick but he will be expensive I can't see saints selling for under 20m & for me that's over the top when we've got alli

#40 User is offline   alisidy 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:13

This guy won't change our fortunes. What is the point of this signing?! Is he better then what we have? I'm not so sure!

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users