Planet Spurs Forums: Hugo Lloris - Planet Spurs Forums

Jump to content

  • 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hugo Lloris

#301 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 9,081
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 10 February 2019 - 23:26

Top draw performance today, there are times I've often wondered why he signed for us and why he never wanted to leave.

The pen wasn't the best, but he stopped it. The save with his foot was quick reactions, the shanked cross heading for the near post was also something that undoes other keepers.

He has come in for recent scrutiny with most admitting his levels have dipped slightly over the last couple of seasons amid some inconsistency, but today he played a captains part in securing 3 pts. Well Done Hugo :clap: :clap: :clap:

PS That's not an excuse to go out and get s*** faced.
0

#302 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 10,813
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 February 2019 - 23:36

Yup. Big performance in a game where it mattered. Hope to see him hit a vein of form for rest of the season :praying:
0

#303 User is offline   dieselspurs 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 2,393
  • Joined: 18-June 11

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:27

View Posttomtom, on 10 February 2019 - 23:36, said:

Yup. Big performance in a game where it mattered. Hope to see him hit a vein of form for rest of the season :praying:


Man oh man, if Hugo finds form from now then we will be contenders right to the end of the season . To be honest the last run of results with key players out shows a squad that has great character....if only we had got the result against Man Utd we deserved.
0

#304 User is offline   KaneAndAble 

  • Trialist
  • Pip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 01-February 19

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:39

He may come in for criticism and sometimes rightly so, but events like Sunday show why he's still so valuable to us.

I guess if you weighed up the points gained through his efforts versus what he's lost, then it would certainly be a healthy net profit
0

#305 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 10,813
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 February 2019 - 14:39

View PostKaneAndAble, on 12 February 2019 - 11:39, said:

He may come in for criticism and sometimes rightly so, but events like Sunday show why he's still so valuable to us.

I guess if you weighed up the points gained through his efforts versus what he's lost, then it would certainly be a healthy net profit


Agreed - particularly if we go further back. That AVB season where we played a high line with Dawson I think Hugo saved us about 15 points lol.

:welcome: to the forum btw! missed your first post at the time.
0

#306 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 9,081
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 12 February 2019 - 15:41

2014 was his last previous penalty save apparently.
0

#307 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 4,439
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 12 February 2019 - 16:18

View PostYidio Yidio, on 12 February 2019 - 15:41, said:

2014 was his last previous penalty save apparently.


Yeah ! What a record from Le Gaffe ! he has them every 5 years apparently.....:happybirthday:
0

#308 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 9,081
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 12 February 2019 - 16:21

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 12 February 2019 - 16:18, said:

Yeah ! What a record from Le Gaffe ! he has them every 5 years apparently.....:happybirthday:


Lets sell him and buy Debruvblud innit
0

#309 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 10,813
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:01

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 12 February 2019 - 16:18, said:

Yeah ! What a record from Le Gaffe ! he has them every 5 years apparently.....:happybirthday:


You know penalty saves aren't common right?

Read a stat he's saved 1/4 of the pens he's faced which is a very good record.

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of supposed good penalty savers come off their line a bit (which is against the rules) while Hugo stays on his.
0

#310 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 4,439
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:55

View PostYidio Yidio, on 12 February 2019 - 16:21, said:

Lets sell him and buy Debruvblud innit


Never heard of that bloke but has to be better than Le Gaffe ? is he english btw ? :lmao:
0

#311 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 4,439
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:58

View Posttomtom, on 13 February 2019 - 12:01, said:

You know penalty saves aren't common right?

Read a stat he's saved 1/4 of the pens he's faced which is a very good record.

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of supposed good penalty savers come off their line a bit (which is against the rules) while Hugo stays on his.


You,ll be telling me he,s a decent keeper next ? :rolleyes:
0

#312 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 9,081
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 13 February 2019 - 13:18

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 13 February 2019 - 12:55, said:

Never heard of that bloke but has to be better than Le Gaffe ? is he english btw ? :lmao:


His brother married an English girl. :lmao:
0

#313 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 4,439
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 13 February 2019 - 14:12

View PostYidio Yidio, on 13 February 2019 - 13:18, said:

His brother married an English girl. :lmao:



:clap: :lmao:
0

#314 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 9,081
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 13 February 2019 - 22:38

Few good saves first half, how did De guffer do with his clean sheet when it matters. :niceone:
0

#315 User is offline   Silver 

  • Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 588
  • Joined: 28-July 17

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:41

Few days ago I saw some very interesting stats on facebook. Lloris has highest save percentage in the league this season (around 78% if I remember correct) and best conceded/expected goals conceded ratio. The ratio tells you how many goals statistically should the goalie concede in the league after facing the number of shots he faced. It takes into account whether shots were taken from distance or close range, penalties etc. Shots from distance have very low expected goals conceded (let's say 0.05), penalties very high (close to 1), sitters very high etc. According to this ratio Lloris should have statistically conceded 8 goals more than he did this season and no other goalie in the Premier League betters him. I was shocked when I saw it to be honest.
0

#316 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 10,813
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:43

That doesn't wholly surprise me, I'd expect him to be high but not 1st. He definitely has far more good games than bad, the problem is that the bad games have too often come at key times. Every keeper in the world makes mistakes, but you don't really remember the ones that cost the team nothing.

For example we progressed from our CL group in spite of him. He had an absolute mare and could have cost us qualification for the last 16.

He has been pretty decent last couple of months, so I'm hoping we'll see him do well for the rest of the season.
0

#317 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 4,439
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 24 February 2019 - 11:33

View Posttomtom, on 24 February 2019 - 10:43, said:



we progressed from our CL group in spite of him. He had an absolute mare and could have cost us qualification for the last 16.

He has been pretty decent last couple of months, so I'm hoping we'll see him do well for the rest of the season.


You believe in miracles tom ?
0

#318 User is offline   willyid82 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,195
  • Joined: 17-March 13

Posted 24 February 2019 - 13:33

View Posttomtom, on 24 February 2019 - 10:43, said:

That doesn't wholly surprise me, I'd expect him to be high but not 1st. He definitely has far more good games than bad, the problem is that the bad games have too often come at key times. Every keeper in the world makes mistakes, but you don't really remember the ones that cost the team nothing.

For example we progressed from our CL group in spite of him. He had an absolute mare and could have cost us qualification for the last 16.

He has been pretty decent last couple of months, so I'm hoping we'll see him do well for the rest of the season.

Your right Tom, love hugo but he is lucky as some of the mistakes he has made this season has been rescued by the rest which they should as it is a team game.
My worry is I think over the course of a season keepers maybe make 2 or three ricketts? Hugo has already surpassed that so like you let's hope his recent form continues.
0

#319 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 9,081
  • Joined: 17-March 14
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:18

Best Keeper we've had for a very long time.
0

#320 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 10,813
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:00

Amazing game from him.
0

Share this topic:


  • 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users