• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Harry Kane

#21 User is offline   Notabadsquad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:18

Nothing that an arm round the shoulder won't put right. That and being told to play a bit more for the team but that is a more general observation.

Too much pressure and partly a system that has not quite functioned.

We have one line leader in the squad but other options, which should be used and were.

I would partner him with Sturridge but I would be surprised if Vardy and the aforementioned player don't get the nod against Slovakia.

I think Sterling's competition is over. Kane has more to give but has to stop thinking he is Superman.

#22 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:40

He's struggled to find his place in woy's new system since the Portugal friendly with Rooney sat in midfield Harry's been really quiet but also does look jaded his touch & hold up play has been poor but he obviously must be feeling slightly heavy legged he's had a pretty much none stop 18 months playing for the u21's last summer plus featuring in almost every game for Spurs

I do think his lack of impact so far is more down to the system change for England & he was sacrificed yesterday to keep Rooney on the park who in my opinion was poor first 45mins but excellent in the second half & vardy nor Sturridge did much else but nick their goals & I think Harry would of benefitted from the gun Ho approach we took in yesterday's second half as a team England played much better moving the ball quicker etc
Harry' will be fine but may now struggle to find his way back into englands starting 11 but he's still clearly England's best striker at least best No9
He's also put himself in the firing line by trying to be our star man wanting every free kick & then fluffing his lines he's now being talked about in the same sentences as sterling who has been a complete waste of time
Harry's still got a big part to play & against the better sides where Rooney can't stroll around pinging diagonals for 90mins we will suffer without Harry on the park because work rate attitude & hold up play Sturridge is t in the same lge as Harry Kane

#23 User is offline   Notabadsquad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:00

View PostParklaner, on 17 June 2016 - 10:40, said:

He's struggled to find his place in woy's new system since the Portugal friendly with Rooney sat in midfield Harry's been really quiet but also does look jaded his touch & hold up play has been poor but he obviously must be feeling slightly heavy legged he's had a pretty much none stop 18 months playing for the u21's last summer plus featuring in almost every game for Spurs

I do think his lack of impact so far is more down to the system change for England & he was sacrificed yesterday to keep Rooney on the park who in my opinion was poor first 45mins but excellent in the second half & vardy nor Sturridge did much else but nick their goals & I think Harry would of benefitted from the gun Ho approach we took in yesterday's second half as a team England played much better moving the ball quicker etc
Harry' will be fine but may now struggle to find his way back into englands starting 11 but he's still clearly England's best striker at least best No9
He's also put himself in the firing line by trying to be our star man wanting every free kick & then fluffing his lines he's now being talked about in the same sentences as sterling who has been a complete waste of time
Harry's still got a big part to play & against the better sides where Rooney can't stroll around pinging diagonals for 90mins we will suffer without Harry on the park because work rate attitude & hold up play Sturridge is t in the same lge as Harry Kane

Good post but you actually make a strong argument for the benefit of Vardy and Sturridge.

They gave the Wales defenders different problems. Sturridge was influential beyond his goal but Vardy's introduction just meant Wales could not sit too high and that is exactly why we, as in THFC need a striker with that quality. Vardy did not do much but forced part of the difference.

No need comparing Kane with Vardy and Sturridge as opposed to being grateful that we have different types of players with their own qualities.

Rooney was good full stop and provides the calm amidst the storm. Essential he stays on the pitch and hopefully Hodgson recognises that.

#24 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:20

View PostParklaner, on 17 June 2016 - 10:40, said:

I feel sorry for Kane because he has not had a real break since playing for the U21 tournament, and we relied a lot of him through out the season. Now all this is catching up with him. Because we all love Kane it is easy for us to blame his poor performance on a lack of service , which is part of the problem, but his first touch has been poor, his energy is not there, that is why his movement also looks poor, plus his hold up play has also been poor. I think it could be a good thing to be dropped for a few games.

#25 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:21

No prizes for knowing Kane is suffering from two aspects 1) tiredness and 2) an England set-up which, at present, does not favour him.

Expanding on the first point, he has played an awful lot of football over the last two seasons with precious little break. In itself that is enough, but worse for him due to the pressure put on him by the actions of the club by only having one striker in the first team squad. He always seems to feel he has to win games on his own for us and takes great personal responsibility in doing so. That is stressful and tiring.

The second point has been worsened by poor service from Sterling (who is not worth an England shirt whatsoever right now) and the fact that Lalana prefers to try and score rather than pass to Kane. Vardy (a quality striker) is better suited right now.

I fear burn-out for Kane unless things change at the club this year regarding striking options, and I am quite concerned at how he has been overused at his tender age.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#26 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:41

I'd agree with most of you guy's that the system change has not suited kane.

Im not yet sure if the lad is Tired or suffering from burn out for me it is hard to judge as he has had such little service.

Its also noticeable that England do not move the ball like we do or press from the front we are also crying out for an alderweild type pass which cahill or smalling are not capable of,Alli made countless runs.

I just hope his confidence does not get shot because for us he does not get dropped so this may all be new to him and I'm hoping for a big reaction

#27 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:42

e

#28 User is offline   Notabadsquad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2016 - 13:12

Vardy is a good striker who is not in Kane or Sturridge's class in my opinion.

However there are times when he is the better option. 60 minutes against Russia was one such occasion. Starting alongside either Kane or Sturridge is another but if teams sit deep as you would expect if he was playing, then for me it would be Sturridge.

Kane will come again but our overuse of him has been criminal.

#29 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 June 2016 - 13:51

e

#30 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 June 2016 - 16:56

difference between Kane and Vardy is if Kane isn't getting the service he drops deeper to link up play and try and make things happen. Vardy just goal hangs til an opportunity presents itself.

Kane dropping deeper meant he made more passes and took more touches in the first half than Vardy did in the 2nd but wasn't in the box enough. Rooney playing CM also means if Kane drops deeper they congest each other's space a bit.

I don't know the solution tbh - I don't feel Roy took the personnel to play a proper 4-3-3 or a midfield diamond but those are his preferred options. It'd be interesting to see Vardy, Kane and Sturridge as a front 3 but it would leave us vulnerable defensively.

#31 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 17 June 2016 - 21:38

View Posttomtom, on 17 June 2016 - 16:56, said:

difference between Kane and Vardy is if Kane isn't getting the service he drops deeper to link up play and try and make things happen. Vardy just goal hangs til an opportunity presents itself.

Kane dropping deeper meant he made more passes and took more touches in the first half than Vardy did in the 2nd but wasn't in the box enough. Rooney playing CM also means if Kane drops deeper they congest each other's space a bit.

I don't know the solution tbh - I don't feel Roy took the personnel to play a proper 4-3-3 or a midfield diamond but those are his preferred options. It'd be interesting to see Vardy, Kane and Sturridge as a front 3 but it would leave us vulnerable defensively.

Yeah some good posts about Kane lads. It's a shame I was hoping he would have a cracking tournament but ah well...the other 4 yidos are doing well! Kane is still our number 1!

He does look shattered though...needs a rest

#32 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 June 2016 - 23:31

e

#33 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:51

interesting in the mail today regards that. Scroll down the article, look at the pie chart, and the list of games he has played, and a lot of this is spurs fault for not having cover.someone to help him.

http://www.dailymail...-two-years.html
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#34 User is offline   Notabadsquad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:32

View Postjourneyman, on 18 June 2016 - 11:51, said:

interesting in the mail today regards that. Scroll down the article, look at the pie chart, and the list of games he has played, and a lot of this is spurs fault for not having cover.someone to help him.

http://www.dailymail...-two-years.html

Absolutely

Yes the club got him there but too much on a young man's shoulders.

The plus point for England is that he is one of 4 options and whilst 4 strikers of varying but different qualities would be excessive for us it is just what a team needs if they want to sustainable a challenge. All last season I maintained that stance. One striker cannot win any squad anything even in a 7 game competition let alone a 38 match season. Impossible.

Soldado was the last out and out striker we bought and Pochettino has still not bought one in since he started 2 years ago. Outside of a transfer embargo I doubt it has ever happened before in a top flight of any league.

Son and N'Jie are not strikers. Period.

I hope Kane scores an important goal in this tournament or it might knock his confidence a little but whilst he would probably argue differently, there should have been Premier League games where he was able to rest.

Now mid-June and still we wait. Oh yes of course. Don't panic it's only June......

#35 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 18 June 2016 - 18:05

View PostThiscouldbeouryear, on 18 June 2016 - 12:32, said:

Absolutely

Yes the club got him there but too much on a young man's shoulders.

The plus point for England is that he is one of 4 options and whilst 4 strikers of varying but different qualities would be excessive for us it is just what a team needs if they want to sustainable a challenge. All last season I maintained that stance. One striker cannot win any squad anything even in a 7 game competition let alone a 38 match season. Impossible.

Soldado was the last out and out striker we bought and Pochettino has still not bought one in since he started 2 years ago. Outside of a transfer embargo I doubt it has ever happened before in a top flight of any league.

Son and N'Jie are not strikers. Period.

I hope Kane scores an important goal in this tournament or it might knock his confidence a little but whilst he would probably argue differently, there should have been Premier League games where he was able to rest.

Now mid-June and still we wait. Oh yes of course. Don't panic it's only June......

It wasn't PL games only though was it? Pochettino played him in an FA Cup game against the mighty Colchester. Then after shamefully and vainly giving up against Dortmund before even kicking a ball, played him in the second half of the meaningless second leg.

Even ignoring the fact that a rest would have been good as he was not needed whatsoever in those games, probably the worst aspect was that it risked injury - imagine what we would have done had our only striker been out for the remainder of the season after getting injured under such circumstances.

Complete amateur level management.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#36 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 June 2016 - 19:47

Damn that pochettino what right has he got to pick Harry Kane to play for spurs whenever he feels fit who the h*ll does he think he is?? Anybody would think he was the manager picking our best players to play for the club the way he's acting 😳🔫

It's amazing that somehow some are actually trying to use a couple of poor showings playing in a completely different system for England as a stick to beat poch with?? 😂
Beggars belief #noshame

#37 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 June 2016 - 22:59

View PostYidio Yidio, on 17 June 2016 - 12:42, said:

All of the above, THFC are fluid when playing well, Sterling has been pretty stiff. I do disagree about Sturridge though, he's possibly the better option at international level. I fear Vardy being asked to play in Sterlings position will be a mistake and an unfair one on him, in fact, who does replace Sterling ?

Michael Antonio :wink: 15 goals and assists combined with a chunk of the season at right back.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#38 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 June 2016 - 23:02

View PostMr. Greaves, on 18 June 2016 - 18:05, said:

It wasn't PL games only though was it? Pochettino played him in an FA Cup game against the mighty Colchester. Then after shamefully and vainly giving up against Dortmund before even kicking a ball, played him in the second half of the meaningless second leg.

Even ignoring the fact that a rest would have been good as he was not needed whatsoever in those games, probably the worst aspect was that it risked injury - imagine what we would have done had our only striker been out for the remainder of the season after getting injured under such circumstances.

Complete amateur level management.

That's a bit harsh on Poch, but you did point out but a few times I've questioned Harry still being on the pitch.

We've been 2 up+ On several occasions and he's been on the pitch for 87 minutes at times.

But I'm sure Poch would argue over a glass of wine we defend from the front to not allow an opportunity to concede.

We could afford to do that with Bat or Janssen in the rafters.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#39 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:56

View PostYidio Yidio, on 17 June 2016 - 13:51, said:

Not sure we can blame his legginess on our campaign entirely. We were after all only playing one game a week for the last couple of months and surely Leicester used some of their players for pretty much every game. The stats need looking at I guess. Alderwierald had a poor game for Belgium as did most of their players tbh, but he played more football than Kane last season even with possible rotation options available.

I think Kane has just had a blip for many reasons, tiredness may play a part, but if you compare what Bale has done in 2 matches, I'd say he looks tired as well.

A lot of you are forgetting at the training regime Poch does, Poch does double sessions through out the season, plus Poch's teams have a reputation of fading away in the last months of the season due to to tiredness according to he's former clubs. Not only do they work hard in training day in and day out our team works hard because of the constant pressing from our players.

#40 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:30

e

Share this topic:

• 24 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users