• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Harry Kane

#41 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 19 June 2016 - 13:28

Don't forget that Walker hasn't played as many games this season as Kane, and even more so last season. He also doesn't suffer the mental stress Kane has has on his shoulders, in being the only man (in his eyes and probably in truth) who can win games for us when up against it. Kane may well get back into the starting line up in this tournament and play a blinded, as he has the character / temperament to do it.

Won't change the fact we overplayed the poor bloke though.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#42 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 19 June 2016 - 13:51

e

#43 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 19 June 2016 - 14:06

Mental fatigue is more where I sit in this instance, but you make an interesting point about physical fatigue.

So far from what we have seen and what is recorded during his time managing Espanyol, his teams have always faded at season end due to his methods. Good? Bad? Opinions differ.

It happened at the end of 14/15 season, and then going to the States and then the Audi Cup in the 'break' so close to start if the new season was talked about as not the best preparation for a new season. I don't know that all of our team was tired at the start of this season, but Kane certainly looked like he was.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#44 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 June 2016 - 15:04

e

#45 User is offline   Notabadsquad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2016 - 20:30

Now young Harry.

#46 User is offline   Notabadsquad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2016 - 21:01

Okay didn't happen but it shows how hard it is to start and produce. Not the worst outcome for the last 16 but it is what might come after that which is the problem..

Strange that for all the so called striking potency at the mercy of Hodgson the hardest thing to date has been converting the chances.

I think JG got it right.........

#47 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 June 2016 - 21:12

e

#48 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 June 2016 - 21:59

View PostYidio Yidio, on 20 June 2016 - 21:12, said:

They all turned into individuals towards the end, never seen an entire team do that before, weird.

Yeah I know what you mean! Was strange at the end!

Unbelievable really...look at what Wales, 6 goals in 3 games with no quality strikers! We've got loads of top strikers and only got 3 goals in 3 games!

Also another point...although he's a gooner, that Ramsey is some player!

#49 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 June 2016 - 22:36

If you have a World Class attacking player like Bale, Dan, you don't need 'top quality' strikers like England have.

#50 User is offline   Notabadsquad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:53

View PostMr. Greaves, on 20 June 2016 - 22:36, said:

If you have a World Class attacking player like Bale, Dan, you don't need 'top quality' strikers like England have.

Yep, sort of correct but how then do you account for Portugal's relative failure thus far although a long way to go?

I think options are great but we do not have a great striker. At least not from the very top bracket or one who is in unbelievable form.

Bale is sheer class but he is also in a team where other teams will take liberties and he possesses pace, composure and a clinical edge to take full advantage. Could be the player of the tournament at this rate as it is usually goals that sway it.

Must say Kante and Pogba look a very good central defensive midfielder. What chance he and Payet at Madrid and Isco and James out?

#51 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:05

After watching Vardy and Sturridge for a game and a half, neither of them look any more fresh and up for it than Harry. They both may have scored a goal each, but Vardy in particular has hardly been involved.

#52 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:24

TCBOY the Ronaldo point you alluded to is a very fair one. My main point though was more that we haven't got the amazing group of forwards I keep hearing about on the TV. Some are a good level for sure, but none are really doing 'it'. I don't know why, maybe as I just like his general style, but to me I think Vardy has looked the most threatening so far although no one else here thinks so.

#53 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:58

Roy has successfully managed to take some very good forwards and play none of them to their strengths.

#54 User is offline   Notabadsquad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2016 - 15:03

I think Vardy is good. Nothing more. Fantastic pace, good work ethic and at the top or near the top of his game. I think his main asset is when teams push up. Beyond that give me Kane or Sturridge in all round ability.

On Hodgson I think he is damned if he does and if he doesn't. He rested a few players and rightly so within reason.

We have had chances so talk of him not playing to players' strengths is not one I agree with.

We would all probably pick 8 or 9 of the same players Hodgson would so I really think it is down to none of the strikers being a Rooney in his prime who unfortunately did not have the quality as of now alongside to take done of the burden.

#55 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 21 June 2016 - 15:06

It is somewhat frustrating that we haven't been able to put these teams to bed in the first 3 games, but from Kanes point of view it must be hard creating a shooting opportunity for yourself when you have 3/4 players around you at all times when near the box. The negativity from the teams we've played has been very surprising as to the extent of it, but hopefully teams will open up more now in the ko stages and our strikers will get more space.

Here's hoping anyway..

#56 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 21 June 2016 - 15:16

View PostComeOnYouSpurs, on 21 June 2016 - 15:06, said:

The negativity from the teams we've played has been very surprising as to the extent of it, but hopefully teams will open up more now in the ko stages and our strikers will get more space.

Bilic agrees with you, and said exactly that last night on the TV.

#57 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 June 2016 - 18:49

e

#58 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 21 June 2016 - 22:36

Would love to see harry up front with rashford & sturridge, or at least players who make runs to create space & play for the team.

#59 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:24

looks like he's going to start next game, shouldnt havebeen dropped in the first place, stupid hodgson.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#60 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:47

e

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic