• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dembele

#1 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 13 January 2016 - 15:09

Reports today he's eager to sign new long term deal which the club are close to offering & are preparing now

He's blew my mind this season become instrumental in our play & success literally up there with lloris & Harry I said in the summer I couldn't see him staying to much longer & would except £10-15m for him now I would rebuff ANY bid
Well done mousa well done poch

#2 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 January 2016 - 15:41

yeah he's been great. I stand by what I've said that he's technically one of the best footballers I've ever seen in several departments, he just didn't have a big enough effect on games. Supposedly he was playing through a hip injury for most of his time with us so I hope now that's supposedly behind him he can push on. Shame he's not 22 but hopefully we can get a couple more very good seasons out of him.

#3 User is offline   Sandro's brother 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2016 - 13:10

Signed a new deal until 2019.... Nice 1 mousa...

#4 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2016 - 15:06

http://www.tottenham...w-deal-290116/?

#5 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 29 January 2016 - 19:12

Probably one of the most gifted but frustrating players I have ever seen, great news he has signed because I feel he still hasn't got to the level he is capable of.

#6 User is offline   No easy games 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Family, friends and football.

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:10

On a positive note, the Swiss based CIES Football Observatory ranked Moussa as Europe's best box-to-box mid-fielder. Same report sees Dele Alli come 4th.

My link

#7 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:01

I must admit, once again Moussa is having injury problems. I hope it's not turning into a Darren Anderson scenario. Poch has options. He could depend more on a Wanyama-Dier partnership with one of them being more attack minded than the other. I believe Dier could fill this role , he was schooled in Portugal and has a good passing range and great cross in his locker. Poch could buy a player with a similar skill set to Moussa or he could develop young Winks. I hope/ don't think he will drop Dele back even though he seems keen on bringing Isco to the club.as far as Winks is concerned he is not looking as if he could get any league games despite Moussa's latest injury. We are doing so well at the moment , let's not rush Moussa back.

#8 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:33

View PostParklaner, on 13 January 2016 - 15:09, said:

Reports today he's eager to sign new long term deal which the club are close to offering & are preparing now

He's blew my mind this season become instrumental in our play & success literally up there with lloris & Harry I said in the summer I couldn't see him staying to much longer & would except £10-15m for him now I would rebuff ANY bid
Well done mousa well done poch

You're dead right. He's a smashing player. Like you, I was wondering if the club would sell him, but now that looks unthinkable.

I believe, as per Griff's post, that he is injured at the moment. Let's hope it is nothing serious and he is back soon.

#9 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 11 October 2016 - 18:06

Want this guy kept he is well worth hanging onto.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#10 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 October 2016 - 20:03

Dembeles health between now and season 18/19 or even 19/20 is imperative to maintaining our grasp on the higher echelons of the EPL.

Winks, Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko - Nor anyone I could suggest at £25-40m could replace him at this moment in time.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#11 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:38

Hangeland on dembele: "he's the best midfielder in the premier league and the best player I've ever played with".

Can't argue with that, not sure if there's any player in the league I'd swap him with in the centre midfield role.

#12 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 22 May 2017 - 14:04

Going to miss out on the Hong Kong tour as he's having surgery on his foot. Hopefully he'll be back ready for the start of next season

#13 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:03

I genuinely fear for his career because he can't seem to get fit and he broke down again on Boxing day without him being tackled or seemingly over stretching himself. He has been a very big loss this season

#14 User is offline   ballyerspur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:10

View Postaramak, on 28 December 2017 - 11:03, said:

I genuinely fear for his career because he can't seem to get fit and he broke down again on Boxing day without him being tackled or seemingly over stretching himself. He has been a very big loss this season

I fear we have lost our engine room . He is only a shadow of his former self and we only get glimpses of his powerhouse performance that were his stock in trade
To Dare is to Do Now is the Hour

#15 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:19

Thought in the first match where he didn't power past any player that he was feeling his way back but has been very bit part all season as they try and manage him back but he's struggling big time

#16 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:37

A couple games ago he was beginning to look approaching his best and I hoped I'd been too hasty in thinking his time was coming to an end. Seeing him break down again on Boxing Day has got me very worried. Such a shame as when 100% he's an absolute joy to watch play football.

#17 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:38

View Posttomtom, on 29 December 2017 - 11:37, said:

A couple games ago he was beginning to look approaching his best and I hoped I'd been too hasty in thinking his time was coming to an end. Seeing him break down again on Boxing Day has got me very worried. Such a shame as when 100% he's an absolute joy to watch play football.

If,as rumoured , Barkley will be bought and used in Dembele’s position,that could be a great move. Barkley keeps the ball very well but breaks forward more.

#18 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 December 2017 - 17:10

I agree though they're different players in other ways too. Haven't seen Barkley excel in a more defensive role and he's definitely not as good as Dembele in tight spaces. We also have no idea how long it'll take him to get up to speed, he's been out a while!

#19 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 29 December 2017 - 18:32

View Posttomtom, on 29 December 2017 - 11:37, said:

Poch said in the press conference it's his hip and groin which is worrying

#20 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 December 2017 - 21:20

View Posttomtom, on 29 December 2017 - 17:10, said:

I agree though they're different players in other ways too. Haven't seen Barkley excel in a more defensive role and he's definitely not as good as Dembele in tight spaces. We also have no idea how long it'll take him to get up to speed, he's been out a while!

He does not play deep but mostly attacking,nevertheless he is strong and like Dembele opponents find it difficult to get the ball off him.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users