• You cannot reply to this topic

Josh Onomah

#1 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:06

Signed new contract till 2020.
Bright prospect for what I've seen of him. Think he'll be loaned next season tbh, or some our attacking midfielders need to be sold?

#2 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:32

He's another one whose had a pay rise after 6 months as he signed a new contract in the summer

#3 User is offline   AntHollick7 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:33

Top news!
I said I was the greatest, before I even knew I was. - Muhammad Ali

#4 User is offline   ballyerspur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2016 - 16:14

The club is really consolidating it's position of rewarding performance with improved deals Giving an incentive to all players at the club to stay around as there's a future with THFC A good business model
To Dare is to Do Now is the Hour

#5 User is offline   old grey yid 

• spurs legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 05 February 2016 - 18:53

kids something else.. seen him from a 10 year old ..

actually hasn't played in his favoured postion in the first team.. which is.. dm believe it or not.. as he grows got
absolutely no doubt he'll be a lynchpin of our team... spurs fan too !

some of you should get out and watch some youth or u/21 games..

u/21s regularly play at Stevenage and its a £5 to get in and kids are free.

#6 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 05 February 2016 - 19:25

View Postold grey yid, on 05 February 2016 - 18:53, said:

actually hasn't played in his favoured postion in the first team.. which is.. dm believe it or not.. as he grows got

u/21s regularly play at Stevenage and its a 5 to get in and kids are free.

I like the look of him and Poch must have faith in him to have brought him on at the Emirates when we were drawing 1-1, which is something Thierry Henry mentioned.
You have to give Poch a lot of credit for this.

He seems to have the right build and all the attributes. If he develops like Alli we could have a heck of a player. Surprised he's more of a DM because he has obvious attacking flair. Maybe he's just a really good all rounder. I'm always looking to see if he's on the bench because I want to see more of this guy and I love the fact that he's Tottenham through and through.

#7 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2016 - 20:50

This boy has bags of talent and skill.

What I've seen this season when he had been on is a disciplined performance and this is obviously coming from orders of the manager.
I think he is being prepared to be unleashed for next season.
You cant teach a player skill but you can coach discipline into him.

#8 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 February 2016 - 21:15

He looks like he could develop into a talented attacking player rather then a dm, has a lot of skill.

#9 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 23:27

Well said OGY, watched a lot of the next gen games and we have always had some excellent prospects. Watched Onomah play more holding/playmaker but in my opinion just slightly light weight for that roll in the first team but regardless he is a real talent and humble young lad.

#10 User is online   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 22 February 2016 - 15:06

I like this kid but he didn't impress me much against palace (which I went to the Lane to watch) ..although he got pretty stuck in at times some of his finishing and decision making was really poor...in fact, I'm still waiting for him to make any impression on me at all in any game this season.....

Hopefully what OGY etc have said about him is true and he can improve and be better :)

#11 User is offline   ballyerspur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2016 - 18:10

View PostSpursDan, on 22 February 2016 - 15:06, said:

I like this kid but he didn't impress me much against palace (which I went to the Lane to watch) ..although he got pretty stuck in at times some of his finishing and decision making was really poor...in fact, I'm still waiting for him to make any impression on me at all in any game this season.....

Hopefully what OGY etc have said about him is true and he can improve and be better :)

Reluctantly agree with you Dan I'm really hoping for him Same as I did with Soldado n Lamela one good one not but hey he's got time n he's just a kid after all

#12 User is online   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 22 February 2016 - 18:41

View Postballyerspur, on 22 February 2016 - 18:10, said:

Reluctantly agree with you Dan I'm really hoping for him Same as I did with Soldado n Lamela one good one not but hey he's got time n he's just a kid after all

Yeah we shall see I suppose :/ ... I just don't see anything that stands out about him, he's not particularly quick or skilful, or big and strong, his finishing was shocking vs palace especially that header in the 5th minute...... Fingers crossed its just a bad start to his first team career!

#13 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 February 2016 - 19:40

At his age Kane couldn't get anywhere near our first team squad which was far less competitive than our current squad

The lads just finding his feet learning his trade & I think he's actually done well with limited chances
That header he missed the lad has most likely been dreaming of that moment for the last 10yrs & I really felt for him I'm gagging to see him net his first senior goal
It's way way to early to even pretend to have an opinion on him & pochettino has proven to have an unbelievable eye for potential & has shown faith in onomah & put him into the action at huge moments which suggests to me the lad has something very special
The expectations hav gone through the roof but in no way should that hinder the development of our talented youngsters because the demand of some want to forget why we're currently where we are

#14 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 22 February 2016 - 21:42

e

#15 User is offline   ballyerspur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2016 - 21:46

View PostParklaner, on 22 February 2016 - 19:40, said:

At his age Kane couldn't get anywhere near our first team squad which was far less competitive than our current squad

The lads just finding his feet learning his trade & I think he's actually done well with limited chances
That header he missed the lad has most likely been dreaming of that moment for the last 10yrs & I really felt for him I'm gagging to see him net his first senior goal
It's way way to early to even pretend to have an opinion on him & pochettino has proven to have an unbelievable eye for potential & has shown faith in onomah & put him into the action at huge moments which suggests to me the lad has something very special
The expectations hav gone through the roof but in no way should that hinder the development of our talented youngsters because the demand of some want to forget why we're currently where we are

That's certainly true Pl I'm on his side and agree that all this experience will benefit him

#16 User is offline   vortex444 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:06

The problem today is no player is allowed to grow
People expect a player to get a debut and be world class instantly
If they take time to transfer to the Prem from usually U21s which is a massive step up then there not good enough
Stupidity rules football these days the boy has exceptional talent and will be a firm favourite with all fans and not just the fans who only watch the first 11 and not the football club from grass roots upwards

#17 User is offline   No easy games 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Family, friends and football.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:37

With both Dier and Alli on eight cautions for the season - with the prospect of two game bans looming - we may just see a bit more of him.

#18 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 February 2016 - 15:42

View PostNo easy games, on 23 February 2016 - 10:37, said:

With both Dier and Alli on eight cautions for the season - with the prospect of two game bans looming - we may just see a bit more of him.

Those cautions are ominous. We can't afford either of them missing the Gooners game. In fact, I would go so far as to say we can't win without them.

To my mind, Dier is irreplaceable at the moment. An unsung hero.

#19 User is online   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 February 2016 - 15:56

View Postvortex444, on 23 February 2016 - 09:06, said:

The problem today is no player is allowed to grow
People expect a player to get a debut and be world class instantly
If they take time to transfer to the Prem from usually U21s which is a massive step up then there not good enough
Stupidity rules football these days the boy has exceptional talent and will be a firm favourite with all fans and not just the fans who only watch the first 11 and not the football club from grass roots upwards

I don't think this is the case...with me it's just the fact that he's made quite a few appearances and in my opinion he hasn't even shown many GLIMPSES of any real quality. I know he's young and you have to give these players time! Ofcourse you can't expect the kids to be world class as soon as they are thrown in the squad from the U21's...but they have to atleast show some good potential....with Onomah I don't see much at all.

I hope your right, I hope he does become a legend, but at the minute, I can't see it ....

#20 User is online   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 February 2016 - 15:58

It's like with Lamela...I never once called for that guys head when he was struggling when he first come over to our league. Because I saw big potential in him, we could all see he had the quality to get better and even now I still don't think we are seeing the best of him. Onomah, I know he's a few years younger than Lamela..but I'm not so sure.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users