• You cannot reply to this topic

Erik Lamela

#41 User is offline   Notabadsquad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 11 March 2016 - 15:34

View PostYidio Yidio, on 11 March 2016 - 08:41, said:

Lets be honest, his price tag kills him, will we be saying the same things about N'Jie and Son ?

Yep, if neither produce the goods next season.

It's a first year abroad so not fair to assess as yet but next year different story.

#42 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 March 2016 - 16:19

I think if N'Jie had a 1 goal in 3 or 4 ratio and racked up assists like Lamela people would be quite happy. Son needs to step it up though, post injury he's not looked a good purchase. Hoping a full pre season and he'll be a force next year and that we won't be too overly reliant on him in the run in if he keeps misfiring.

How he didn't score that 1v1 against Dortmund.

#43 User is online   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2016 - 08:30

Lamelas been linking up nicely with Messi and Aguero this week :grinny:

#44 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 June 2016 - 14:29

not seen any of the Copa America but heard Lamela's having a great tournament and some are saying his performances off the bench should earn him a starting spot for Argentina. Considering who else they have at their disposal that's some compliment. Hopefully he can start next season with confidence and start adding a few more goals and assists to his excellent hard work.

EDIT just saw the goal vs Venezuela - keeper should have saved it!! still, nice to see him actually shoot with his right rather than trying another rabona

This post has been edited by tomtom: 19 June 2016 - 14:36

#45 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 21 June 2016 - 15:12

Next messi

#46 User is online   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:44

Lamela absolutely tearing it up for Argentina getting fantastic reviews & praise

This lad has turned a corner he was instrumental in our progress last season shining in the "big games" & has taken his form to the states 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Well done erik

#47 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:23

we've always known he has the ability, lets hope it continues for us in the new season.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#48 User is offline   Sandro's brother 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2016 - 20:42

This chap when he 1st come to us looked like a waste of money.
All the way up until half way through last season.

Now my opinion has changed, I think he is going to take the premier league by storm this season, he was quality today and if he Carey's on that way and gets even better then Jesus Christ some teams won't know what will be hitting them.

#49 User is offline   Sandro's brother 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2016 - 17:04

Lamela again was quality today... Fantastic

#50 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:06

If you believe the papers, then he is holding out to double his salary before signing a contract extension (£120k quoted)

#51 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:27

Interestingly the papers previously have mostly said he was on 80k lol...

#52 User is offline   ballyerspur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:39

They were also reporting Eriksen as demanding 150k
To Dare is to Do Now is the Hour

#53 User is online   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:08

Nonsense imo
Same as the eriksen stories that claimed he was ready to walk away for anything less than £150k

Lamela Kane verts dier alli walker will all sign new deals over next few weeks/months

They are all loving their time working under poch playing for a club progressing playing CL & competing at the top end of the best lge in the world
Danny roses & eriksen's comments were pretty clear last week on the squads feeling towards poch & the club
Why would any of them want to leave??
They don't & wont
:spurs:

#54 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 12 September 2016 - 13:05

All the time it appears that the club are on an upward trend in the PL, they will want to tie the more'influential'😃 players to longer contracts - simple as that.

The time is near when we will have to pay proper money to do that too, all the playing for us for the love of us regardless of money is BS. Anyone know what we are paying Sissoko?
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#55 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 12 September 2016 - 13:48

Hopefully the new stadium is done and can pay them in line with the big boys before they may want more than we can pay. That said poch did say something about believing this squad isn't money driven, nice to hear but still doubt most would turn down another club that offered double in wages.

But yeah, they'll all sign new contracts in the coming weeks so nothing to worry about I believe.

Great time to be a spurs fan atm

#56 User is online   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 September 2016 - 14:28

Kane is close to agreeing a deal rumoured £100k pw & the reports I read claimed sissoko signed on for £65k pw ?
Of course the wage bill will rise & so it should the more our players develope & push us forward the more they should be rewarded

But our influential players are committing to the cause mainly due to pochettino & the bond he's created amongst the squad along with the on field success of course! in fact a number of players were holding off on their new deals until poch had signed his own contract extension

Now I'm sure "some" bitter & twisted view points will see this as nonsense even if it's blatantly & obviously true because heaven forbid pochettino receiving any praise for CL football & creating a competitive happy squad where our top players 100% believe they can achieve huge things at Spurs

#57 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 12 September 2016 - 15:48

View PostParklaner, on 12 September 2016 - 14:28, said:

Now I'm sure "some" bitter & twisted view points will see this as nonsense even if it's blatantly & obviously true because heaven forbid pochettino receiving any praise for CL football & creating a competitive happy squad where our top players 100% believe they can achieve huge things at Spurs

Well Parky, it is true that we have CL football, we have a competitive squad (don't know about happy) and I do believe that the players can see a rosy future at WHL...

but...

For me, Poch screwed up big time on two occasions last season. Firstly, the surrender of the Europa League and secondly overseeing the team slump mentally and physically at the end of last season. Don't get me wrong, third place was an excellent finish, but we threw second away (to Arsenal of all teams). Both showed at best 'work in progress' or, at worst, flaws in Poch's ability.

For me, the jury is still out on him. This may be construed as negative, but to me seeing his flaws is a no greater crime than turning a blind eye to them and glossing them over. He COULD be the one to lead us into an unparalleled period of success, but I need to see silverware to accept that it has started. I have witnessed too many false dawns in the past.

#58 User is online   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 September 2016 - 16:36

View PostArmchairSpurs, on 12 September 2016 - 15:48, said:

Well Parky, it is true that we have CL football, we have a competitive squad (don't know about happy) and I do believe that the players can see a rosy future at WHL...

but...

For me, Poch screwed up big time on two occasions last season. Firstly, the surrender of the Europa League and secondly overseeing the team slump mentally and physically at the end of last season. Don't get me wrong, third place was an excellent finish, but we threw second away (to Arsenal of all teams). Both showed at best 'work in progress' or, at worst, flaws in Poch's ability.

For me, the jury is still out on him.

Jury is still out?

Well by the time you wake up & realise what we've got he'll probably be manager of Barcelona

Me? I'll just enjoy it well it's here starting with a trip to Wembley to watch Spurs in front of a record breaking crowd playing champions league football :niceone: :spurs: :cheers:

#59 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 12 September 2016 - 16:47

View PostParklaner, on 12 September 2016 - 16:36, said:

Jury is still out?

Well by the time you wake up & realise what we've got he'll probably be manager of Barcelona

Me? I'll just enjoy it well it's here starting with a trip to Wembley to watch Spurs in front of a record breaking crowd playing champions league football :niceone: :spurs: :cheers:

Parky, you assume that I'm not enjoying the ride - you couldn't be more wrong. Last season was the most exciting for many years. I do realise what we have the potential to become - that is slightly different from realising 'what we've got', granted.

Please don't confuse seeing frailties in Poch as being 100% anti him. All great managers have weaknesses, moments of poor decision making and bad runs. These forums are designed to discuss the good, the bad and the indifferent, and that applies to Poch as well!

#60 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 September 2016 - 17:19

View PostComeOnYouSpurs, on 12 September 2016 - 13:48, said:

Great time to be a spurs fan atm

Absolutely, I keep saying this. It really is.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users