• You cannot reply to this topic

Son Heung-Min

#1 User is offline   C0YS 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:54

How do we feel about him?

He was terrible in the away leg at Dortmund, and has failed to score or assist in a match since January 20th! That was against a weakened Leicester City team in the FA Cup. I've been very disappointed with Son's previous performances. I understand it takes a player time to settle in, but some mistakes in his play have been un-excusable. If we truly play Champions League football next year, think we need to find a number of quality replacements who are up for the challenge, or every game in the Champions League will look similar to the performance we put in at Dortmund.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:13

View PostC0YS, on 16 March 2016 - 03:54, said:

How do we feel about him?

He was terrible in the away leg at Dortmund, and has failed to score or assist in a match since January 20th! That was against a weakened Leicester City team in the FA Cup. I've been very disappointed with Son's previous performances. I understand it takes a player time to settle in, but some mistakes in his play have been un-excusable. If we truly play Champions League football next year, think we need to find a number of quality replacements who are up for the challenge, or every game in the Champions League will look similar to the performance we put in at Dortmund.

I agree we need to improve our squad. We need to buy a centre back, defensive midfield, attacking midfield , striker. Add a second young striker in Dembele. Bring Alex Pritchard into the squad. Put in certain youngsters as 'free picks' ie. Carter-Vickers, Josh Onomah, Harry Winks, Shayon Harrison and Domik Ball. Any players sold would come from the following list....Fazio, Mason,Bentaleb,Chadli. The highest transfer fees to be spent on the 2 midfield and striker buys. Imagine Berardi, Wiitsel and Insigne in our team. Wishes from our current team for me are 1. Far more consistency and goals from Eriksen and Son. 2. More goals from Lamela.

#3 User is offline   LennieYid 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:13

I think his work off the ball is very good. He should be scoring and assisting more but I think this year is one where he has to get on poch's fitness level. He rarely plays a full 90 and I think next season we'll see him pressing for the 90 and scoring.

He's had some good games despite not scoring. He'll come good.

#4 User is offline   LennieYid 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:14

View Postgriff, on 16 March 2016 - 07:13, said:

I agree we need to improve our squad. We need to buy a centre back, defensive midfield, attacking midfield , striker. Add a second young striker in Dembele. Bring Alex Pritchard into the squad. Put in certain youngsters as 'free picks' ie. Carter-Vickers, Josh Onomah, Harry Winks, Shayon Harrison and Domik Ball. Any players sold would come from the following list....Fazio, Mason,Bentaleb,Chadli. The highest transfer fees to be spent on the 2 midfield and striker buys. Imagine Berardi, Wiitsel and Insigne in our team. Wishes from our current team for me are 1. Far more consistency and goals from Eriksen and Son. 2. More goals from Lamela.

I would never sell mason. I think he's brilliant and is a local lad. Puts everything on the pitch because of his love for the club. We need people like that.

#5 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:25

I'd give him more time in the hope that he gives us a better return than what we've had.

#6 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 March 2016 - 16:23

He started brightly but hasn't been the same since. There's definitely quality in him but it's not been brought out consistently. I'd definitely give him time as I think there's 15 goals a season to be had out of him if he can get on the same wavelength as our other attacking players and get some confidence back.

#7 User is offline   Notabadsquad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2016 - 17:12

I am sure I replied to this thread. Weird.

Son is a good player and looked to be a real star with an instant playing rapport with Alli. Got injured and not scaled the heights since, Leicester goal apart.

Hard to adapt but hopefully he will be better next season having has a year in the Premier League

As he sees us a stepping stone he will need to produce much more in the future.

#8 User is offline   C0YS 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2016 - 17:58

View Postgriff, on 16 March 2016 - 07:13, said:

Agree with Fazio needing to go, think that one is clear. However, selling Bentaleb is wrong. He's 21, and all I can think of is when he bossed the middle of the pitch against Chelsea in the Capital One Cup Final last year. He should be playing in Dembele's role, and he should mold his game around Dembele's. Bentaleb has massive potential, I just don't think this has been his season. Starting out poorly against United, getting injured on International break when he was just coming off injury.

Mason I don't rate in specific games, but he's a good squad player. Should be kept around in case of injuries and FA Cup/Capital One Cup ties.

Chadli is odd. Some games he's on, others he's completely off. Too much inconsistency with him, but still a good squad player to have for Cup ties. He needs to play in his natural wide position, and he's probably are only midfielder/winger that actually gives us width. Everyone else (Lamela, Eriksen, Son, etc.) are very narrow in their play, which benefits the full backs at times, but need that versatility Chadli brings.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 March 2016 - 14:54

View PostThiscouldbeouryear, on 16 March 2016 - 17:12, said:

As he sees us a stepping stone he will need to produce much more in the future.

source of this information?

#10 User is offline   AntHollick7 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2016 - 15:48

Son showed great promise. Lost that with injury. Will be better with a full pre season. Next season he'll challenge for a starting spot again
I said I was the greatest, before I even knew I was. - Muhammad Ali

#11 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2016 - 16:48

Son did very well if you see our normal 'adapting' time. Great guy & great player. Fits our squad really well.

#12 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:11

The rumoured agreement for Son not to play international games now but be released for Olympic duty in August is pretty stupid. He should play for his country now, he needs more match time and hopefully get back on the scoring trail. In August we need him more really.

#13 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:00

View Postgriff, on 23 March 2016 - 07:11, said:

The rumoured agreement for Son not to play international games now but be released for Olympic duty in August is pretty stupid. He should play for his country now, he needs more match time and hopefully get back on the scoring trail. In August we need him more really.

This mention of the Olympics got me thinking. I was at Wembley back in 2012 to watch the Olympic game between Korea and Gabon, and I wondered if Son played in that game. I've just checked online to see if he did - he didn't. But looking at the Gabon line-up, somebody who has had quite an effect on us did - one Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang! I'd like to say that I could see that he was going to make it, but that would be telling fibs.

The score that afternoon? 0-0. The attendance was a surprisingly good 76,927!

#14 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:44

Just reported that our Belgiuns are reporting back to the Lane early as Belgium's game is cancelled. Obviously a rest for Dembele and Toby is a good thing, but what an absolute terrible and sad way to get that rest. I am sure everyone feels the same!

#15 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 March 2016 - 18:18

Belgium game on now,just a different venue. That's good, do not let the Buggery win.

#16 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 07 June 2016 - 17:39

Son has announced that the club have given him clearance to play in the Rio Olympics. This means that he could be there until 20 August (if South Korea reach the final). Doesn't seem like a good idea to let him go...

#17 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 07 June 2016 - 18:26

Think its a pooor decission but there you go.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#18 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 June 2016 - 22:05

View PostArmchairSpurs, on 07 June 2016 - 17:39, said:

Son has announced that the club have given him clearance to play in the Rio Olympics. This means that he could be there until 20 August (if South Korea reach the final). Doesn't seem like a good idea to let him go...

Could be good for him to get some serious competitive matches in, score a few goals and build up his confidence

#19 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 07 June 2016 - 22:22

View Postgriff, on 07 June 2016 - 22:05, said:

Could be good for him to get some serious competitive matches in, score a few goals and build up his confidence

It is not like he is going to be our first choice starter, so I see sense in him getting some competitive games in. But we could be in a bit of a spot if he is away and Kane gets injured in the Euro's / pre-season (if he gets one) or opening game of season, and we haven't bought another striker in this window.

Too many if's and but's right now, to worry about it.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#20 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 07 June 2016 - 22:32

His marketing is massive back home, it's a money decision as much as anything else. Stupid to block his international profile.

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users