• You cannot reply to this topic

Son Heung-Min

#21 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 07 June 2016 - 22:46

That is a valid point.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#22 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 07 June 2016 - 22:48

This could get the lad out of army service. Who are we to stop that..what if he got called up while still playing for us

#23 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:38

I highly doubt we are selling this lad as some places were saying, I did go off him a bit but he did grab 8 goals and 5 assists.

Probably not worth the hassle of selling with other business to attend to, he will be an asset in the ECL.

Type of player that could get double assists and goal figures from AM and bench with the right run of form.

It's still Lamela at RAM every time possible though for now.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#24 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:52

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 08 June 2016 - 02:38, said:

I highly doubt we are selling this lad as some places were saying, I did go off him a bit but he did grab 8 goals and 5 assists.

Probably not worth the hassle of selling with other business to attend to, he will be an asset in the ECL.

Type of player that could get double assists and goal figures from AM and bench with the right run of form.

It's still Lamela at RAM every time possible though for now.

Yep yep keep Son! Not good enough for first team but good squad option

#25 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 June 2016 - 18:14

View PostSpursDan, on 08 June 2016 - 10:52, said:

Yep yep keep Son! Not good enough for first team but good squad option

Although every player can't be £5m Ali, we need to find squad options for less than £18-22m.

And £8-12m Njie is not an example of this.

Despite doing less work than Lamela, and preferring Lamela anyway, I still think we could get 10-10+ goals and assists from him when settled.

I just worry he doesn't have the mentality for the press like Lamela which is paramount to our defensive capabilities on the right hand side.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#26 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:10

Knocked out the Olympics last night
He's travelling back immediately & should be available for palace next weekend

Good news for us as he will add much needed options from the bench
:niceone:

#27 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 14 August 2016 - 13:15

I wonder what sort of season he will have, as how does he fit now? We need to play him in some first team games though, to keep the Asian commercial market bubbling for us. I expect Levy has made Pochettino aware of that.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#28 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 August 2016 - 14:09

Sons a good player & plays on merit not for shirt sales I also love the fact you believe pochettino would pick players on levy's say so for business reasons :lmao: outstanding work greaves :clap:
He started really well last season & looked a quality signing he lost his way following his injury but also struggled to win a starting place mainly because the attacking lineup with alli Lamela etc where flourishing

I think some of his problem was actually trying to hard whenever he did get minutes following the injury but he's a real good player & could easily have a good season this year just needs to settle down & find his form from early last season

he had good prep with us before heading off to Brazil so shouldn't be in bad shape to fly in & get amongst it straight away exact sort of quality we need throughout the squad

#29 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 14 August 2016 - 15:05

I like Son. Pre-injury he was very good. Since then he has struggled for game time, but when he has played has shown flashes of his old self. I would bet on him being back to his best this season.

#30 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 14 August 2016 - 17:17

View PostParklaner, on 14 August 2016 - 14:09, said:

Sons a good player & plays on merit not for shirt sales I also love the fact you believe pochettino would pick players on levy's say so for business reasons :lmao: outstanding work greaves :clap:

Lol, I do enjoy your attempts at irony - very amusing. :rolleyes: Son won't play only because of commercial reasons - nonsense to think or imply otherwise - but they do influence quite a number of thing's at clubs nowadays. You only need think about our pre-seasons in the last two years, to realise that Pochettino toes the line when told to by Levy.

#31 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 August 2016 - 19:06

View PostMr. Greaves, on 14 August 2016 - 17:17, said:

Lol, I do enjoy your attempts at irony - very amusing. :rolleyes: Son won't play only because of commercial reasons - nonsense to think or imply otherwise - but they do influence quite a number of thing's at clubs nowadays. You only need think about our pre-seasons in the last two years, to realise that Pochettino toes the line when told to by Levy.

I think every single manager would make huge changes to the preseason schedule & preparations if given half a chance not just pochettino
It's become a farce for every top end prem club it's laughable to even call it a preseason when our best 11 barely got the chance to play 90mins

I said we'd be half baked & first 45 yesterday we were exactly that

Gone are the days of playing Leeds Utd at WHL now it's Shanghai s***ty tigers in Beijing ffs

#32 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 14 August 2016 - 20:25

I think pre-season is exactly what it is, we've all recently talked about some excellent pre performances to then see it go to tosh on the opening day. I don't really remember pre-season being anything to really set the world alight ever.

I don't really believe Levy influences player selection. I do believe that Son is very marketable in Korea, but judging him on football ability alone, he's worthy of some rotation. He's nailed on for the League Cup but I feel it would take an injury for him to get a sustained run in the team in order to push on.

#33 User is offline   Sandro's brother 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2016 - 14:18

Apperently being sold to Wolfsburg for €20m euros.

God knows where this has come from

#34 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 August 2016 - 15:22

View PostSandro, on 23 August 2016 - 14:18, said:

Apperently being sold to Wolfsburg for €20m euros.

God knows where this has come from

:wtf: ??

Is this itk?? Because I've seen today a story that Wolfsburg were interested but took it as nonsense ??

If this has any truth whatsoever behind it then levy better get busy because njie chadli Pritchard son all leaving we will need at least 2-3 more AM's in
Plus £17m-€20m is hugely unbelievable as we paid £22m only a year ago? Doesn't sound like Daniel levy to me

Add to that he showed a lot of promise last season 8 goals in 40 appearances in his first settling in season then I don't really get why he's be sold especially at such a loss financially ??

Time will tell but looking from the outside in I don't believe this is anymore than a rumour
Levy will not sell a relatively young player for such a big loss no chance the fee alone sounds like BS

#35 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 August 2016 - 17:10

View PostParklaner, on 23 August 2016 - 15:22, said:

:wtf: ??

Is this itk?? Because I've seen today a story that Wolfsburg were interested but took it as nonsense ??

If this has any truth whatsoever behind it then levy better get busy because njie chadli Pritchard son all leaving we will need at least 2-3 more AM's in
Plus £17m-€20m is hugely unbelievable as we paid £22m only a year ago? Doesn't sound like Daniel levy to me

Add to that he showed a lot of promise last season 8 goals in 40 appearances in his first settling in season then I don't really get why he's be sold especially at such a loss financially ??

Time will tell but looking from the outside in I don't believe this is anymore than a rumour
Levy will not sell a relatively young player for such a big loss no chance the fee alone sounds like BS

Yep I'm with you here, must be bulls***

#36 User is offline   Sandro's brother 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2016 - 18:15

This is not ITK from the dentist. But it's flying around the social side tonight.
Didn't even make the bench at the weekend so I can see why the "story" has hit the news

#37 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 August 2016 - 19:20

View PostSandro, on 23 August 2016 - 18:15, said:

This is not ITK from the dentist. But it's flying around the social side tonight.
Didn't even make the bench at the weekend so I can see why the "story" has hit the news

Yea it's everywhere now
Some saying Arsenal are signing draxler & sonny is set to fill his boots ?
Another good reason not to sell
Also reports that Wolfsburg are willing to give us what we paid for him but who knows

#38 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 23 August 2016 - 19:40

This is turning into a very strange transfer window for us...

#39 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 August 2016 - 19:47

View PostArmchairSpurs, on 23 August 2016 - 19:40, said:

This is turning into a very strange transfer window for us...

Yep if all these sales go through we aren't going to be left very slim in numbers

#40 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 August 2016 - 19:53

Who would we get in to replace him?

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic